WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question for business owners

Richard.E

Reaction score
Do you still use fax machines?

I'm trying to find out If I can get a fax number without having to buy a fax machine. Disneyland is our only customer that manages billing via fax. Email just seems much easier. Am I only one who thinks that?

gqchris

Reaction score
http://www.efax.com/

I hate Fax machines. Some of my clients still swear by them. They are a pain in the ass!

Efax or any other fax service is what ya want. Real easy to work with.

Chris

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I have had terrible experiences with efax. Would not recommend them. There are some other services out there to choose from.

Richard.E

Reaction score
It's only for one account so maybe 3-4 a month.

We got rid of our old system 6 months ago which was almost 150$ a month. Any and all recommendations would be appreciated!

primetime

Reaction score
I use a fax service online(don't remember the name) costs me $10.00 a month

RVRKID

Reaction score
I use www.fax.com and haven't had any problems and only $9.00 a month. Very simple and nice to get faxes on the go..

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score
It's only for one account so maybe 3-4 a month.

We got rid of our old system 6 months ago which was almost 150$ a month. Any and all recommendations would be appreciated!

There are dozens of E fax type services. Some are very reasonable and you can toss the fax machine. Faxing invoices once a week won't cost more than 10 bucks a month. I use efax corp. it runs 30 to 50 a month and I have high fax volume incoming we fax out directly from computer.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Metro fax is good too. And like 7 a month. You only want a machine if you are high volume outbound. Even then if your copier will scan right to your email then you can use your online fax service to send the attachment and save on the extra fax line bill.

I'm surprised Disneyland uses faxes. In the days of email fax us dumb.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Do you still use fax machines?

I'm trying to find out If I can get a fax number without having to buy a fax machine. Disneyland is our only customer that manages billing via fax. Email just seems much easier. Am I only one who thinks that?

Hang on my beeper is going off and Im getting a message from 1996....no I don't and few do use fax machines anymore.

Scan to email or electronic document is standard.

There are a few hanging onto them though and for that I use efax service like others said for a few bucks a month. or just go into kinkos

UD

Richard.E

Reaction score
I'm surprised Disneyland uses faxes. In the days of email fax us dumb.

We gave them 6 months to change their billing system before we got rid of our fax number and Machine. The account is based in Florida so getting them to change how they send us invoices and requests for labor has just stalled or rather not changed at all. Now 6 months of service is stacked up.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
We have a really nice scanner, e-mail, copier and fax machine. We are in construction and some companies still send e mails and faxes for invites to bid work.

C-2

Reaction score
I've used uReach.com since about 1998, their delivery notifications are second to none and their interface is easy to use (storing faxes...like several years worth of received faxes).

I also use InterFax for sending; really cheap, sends without caller ID, and you can choose the quality of fax you send. Ever tested some of the "fax send" sites to see what their sent fax output looks like? Most look like shit, so if you need a high-quality option, InterFax is your choice.

Kall8 also offers dual voice/fax lines for $2. I could go on for days about why Kall8 numbers are hands down the best toll-free, or "local" toll-free numbers ever.

FoxIt Reader free version for the PDF conversion of documents to PDF, program rocks without all of Adobe's bullshiat.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Have use efax in the past. $10 a month and very user friendly.

Joepump

Reaction score
I've been using E - Fax for 10 years.:thumbsup

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how many gun dealers in the mid west use fax machines. I have a cloud based phone system that accepts faxes and converts them to an email, so not an issue getting them. But when I have to send them, what a pain! My gun shop has no land line running to it. I have a wireless internet provider and a cell phone. The cloud phone system calls in on my cell phone. The funny thing is that all of the gun dealers actually have email, but they insist on getting a fax of my license? When I insist on using email, they act like they are doing me a favor...well, they are....do me a favor, and do business like it is 2014. :p Just a case of some people just doing what they have always been doing.

My cloud system is grasshopper

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
When I used CBeyond for my biz phone lines the efax line was an added bonus it came with. Didnt use it much other than have someone send me something direct or private.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Didn't read through the entire thread, but we use RingCentral. I've been very happy with it for years. No issues and inexpensive. No fax machine needed. Faxes go right to your email inbox.

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Max Email is who we have used for many years. Send and receive.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
I use maxemail.com

Been using it for years and it works great. Send using your scanner or receive via email anytime

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Fax is old school . I hate it when a customer wants to fax.
So I still have a fax machine for those customers .

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
Fax is old school . I hate it when a customer wants to fax.
So I still have a fax machine for those customers .

Ditch it and save on paper and phone line expense. Maxemail will set you up with your own local number and all your faxes are emailed to you as PDF's:thumbup: It will pay for itself in a month or two.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I use whatever my customers want to use as a medium,

koenig

Reaction score
Have a all in one printer, scanner, fax. Don't think I've ever used the fax in the last five years. Guess no one uses it in my business anymore.

C-2

Reaction score
Anybody else remember shelling out $600-$1000 for an IBM Selectric typewriter; then throwing it away a few years later? :eek

Like typewriters, they should stop making fax machines and be done with it.

My next "printer" will be just that, a $99 Brother laser printer since they are so highly recommended on RDP. I'll continue to use the Cannon al in one for its scanner.

C-2

Reaction score
Ditch it and save on paper and phone line expense.

Exactly, the taxes and fees on landlines are ridiculous.

I have a vendor who requires me to have a landline fax number. But like the OP, at 3-4 outgoing faxes per mnonth to this vendor, I got tired of paying $90 per month for the phone line. So I got a "local" toll-free number and told the vendor I changed fax numbers. Then, using InterFax (which does not broadcast the caller ID and sends faxes in high resolution), I send them their few faxes per month, and they have no clue about what I'm doing.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I use one line -phone/fax /copy/ answer machine .

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how many gun dealers in the mid west use fax machines. I have a cloud based phone system that accepts faxes and converts them to an email, so not an issue getting them. But when I have to send them, what a pain! My gun shop has no land line running to it. I have a wireless internet provider and a cell phone. The cloud phone system calls in on my cell phone. The funny thing is that all of the gun dealers actually have email, but they insist on getting a fax of my license? When I insist on using email, they act like they are doing me a favor...well, they are....do me a favor, and do business like it is 2014. :p Just a case of some people just doing what they have always been doing.

My cloud system is grasshopper

Must be a real low altitude cloud. :D

C-2

Reaction score
Must be a real low altitude cloud. :D

Grass hoppa .....

AP Obit Carradine.JPG

Groper

Reaction score
Exactly, the taxes and fees on landlines are ridiculous.

I have a vendor who requires me to have a landline fax number. But like the OP, at 3-4 outgoing faxes per mnonth to this vendor, I got tired of paying $90 per month for the phone line. So I got a "local" toll-free number and told the vendor I changed fax numbers. Then, using InterFax (which does not broadcast the caller ID and sends faxes in high resolution), I send them their few faxes per month, and they have no clue about what I'm doing.

I pretty much did what you did, Business Lines are a jack job @$90.00+ a month then add up all the paper & ink wasted with ad's.
There was a company that insisted on Faxing me items, I told them that they were the last Co. on the Planet that uses Fax Machines, I told them to just email or USPS it to me. Their no longer in Business :smackhead