WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question for the Plumbers

X Hoser

Reaction score
Does CSST Flex gas pipe meet code in San Bernardino County? Even if it does, what is your take on it? For reference it will be ran in the attic. Thanks in advance.

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Just bringing this back up for you. It's being used by some plumbers here in southern Nevada. But it's a question only san Bernardino co or the actual city you're working in can answer.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Just bringing this back up for you. It's being used by some plumbers here in southern Nevada. But it's a question only san Bernardino co or the actual city you're working in can answer.
Thanks for the bump. I know our city allowed it a while back, just not sure now. I’ll have to check. I am more interested in what the plumbers think about it? From an earthquake standpoint, I see potential benefits. Safety? Longevity?

DC-88

Reaction score
It’s a good product, but fittings are expensive and special nail plates required as well . Most plumbers I use have gone back to black iron for all vertical drops , and in most cases throughout. After having the insulator shove the flex against an exterior wall to get shot with shiners from the siders or lathers enough times it just became one more potential problem to add to all the many other existing ones on the job .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tx-19

Reaction score
I would use flash shield gas tite,also go up in size compared to rigid black steel pipe

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I liked it when it first came out. It was 5 times faster to install but 3 x the price at least. Only problem was when houses where catching on fire from ( lightning) as they say. Was burning a hole in gas pipe and feeding the fire. I know it’s not true it’s just really thin and the fire in the house was burning it open. None the less they started making us bond the pipe. I’m not an electrician and most electricians want nothing to do with it also. . So I haven’t installed in in about 10 years or so. Not worth losing sleep over

X Hoser

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I have the same concerns as mentioned. I already have a section in my attic about 15’ long. Pipe down the wall and attached on the other end to existing pipe in the attic. Not bonded on either end. Was thinking I should run a bonding clamp on each end and tie together with #6 copper ground wire? New installation easy enough I can run rigid pipe. Just need to T off where the CSST is started from. Thanks again!