WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question for the tall inmates

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Tall as in at least 6’5”
A pal of mine is considering a new to him truck purchase. His problem is he’s 6’6 and has a hard time fitting in most vehicles.
He wants a half ton long bed preferably but a short would work if a 6 foot bed he can cram his banshee into.
He’s sat in my 05 Ram and it’s a little tight with the seat all the way back.
He likes Ford, but hates the idea of a V-6 and is for whatever reason anti turbo😂
I keep telling him to go sit in a few Toyota’s as they make a V8 and the cabs in some are damn near Mega cab size.

What are you tall guys driving? Are there kits to extend seat bases back for giants?
Right now he’s driving (believe it or not) a Ford Ranger xtra cab😂
He can slide the seat all the way back into the extra cab and his legs fit. 😂😂

f12517

Reaction score
While I’m only 6’-0” I’m not sure Toyota will work out for him. Tundra’s tend to all have sunroofs which limit headroom. I don’t feel like I have a ton of excess headroom in my Toyota. Happy with the truck otherwise.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Buddy is 6'6" and drives an F250 fits no problem. Other buddy is 6'5" and drives an F150 no problem.

sintax

Reaction score
has he considered this option???

1621041464299.png

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I think this depends more on preferred driving position than height. My dad and I are both 6'5, he drives a tundra and puts the seat all the way back (he does this in every car, regardless of how the seat is mounted) I drive an f150 and my seat is almost halfway forward. I have my seat set to where I can rest my wrists on the top of the wheel with a slight bend in my elbow.

Dalton

Reaction score
It’s weird, I think Tacoma’s seats slide back farther than Tundra seats. I’m 6’1” and I slide mine all the back in my tundra, but if I do it in a Tacoma my legs won’t reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I’m 6’4” my brother is about 6’7” I run around in a Grand Cherokee for my daily and have a F250 crew cab which is what he should get. Used to daily drive a Fiat 500 for my throw away commuter but my brother didn’t fit in that at all. Believe it or not he runs around in a diesel Golf and has a 4 door Tacoma. Toyota might be the way to go. They are way more comfortable now than the original Tundras were. Can’t believe I just recommended a Toyota.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I’m 6’2” and fit fine in both the F150 and Chevy 1500.

My bro Inlaw is 6’8” and drives a Chevy 2500 and Durango no problem.

If he fits in a Ranger I think he’ll be fine in most trucks lol

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I'm 6'6" and don't put the seat all the way back in my '07 MegaCab. For me it was not so much leg room as how the door and console were designed. Many trucks have the window controls exactly where I want some space for my knee. Same thing on the right leg, I need to be able to spread my knees apart enough to allow my long legs to work the pedals comfortably.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I’m 6’4” and have a 2015 crew cab Chevy 1500. Plenty of room, I actually put the seat forward and tilt up a little. The thing I don’t like about it is, where I have the seat, puts my shoulder right at the pillar It kind of gets in the way of resting my arm out the window.
I had an 02 Chevy extra cab 1500 and didn’t have that problem. I miss that truck. 😢

westair

Reaction score
Buddy is 6'6" and drives an F250 fits no problem. Other buddy is 6'5" and drives an F150 no problem.
True, I’m 6’5” and have a 21 F250 with plenty of room without even having the drivers seat maxed out

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
It’s really a question of how you’re built. I’m 6’7” but long legs so the dodges don’t work for me (that I’ve sat in). The chevy’s work but for my leg length just barely. Something like an s class Mercedes is really where I can stretch out and be comfortable.

my dad is 6’4” but is all torso so some cars I fit in fine he almost hits his head :)

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
At 6’3” the newer F150’s are huge. I can’t get close to the pedals with the seat all the way back, and all the way back I’m barely scrunched in the back.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Step Dad is 6'9". Well probably 6'8" as he is now 75, but he fits in his Silverado just fine.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
It’s really a question of how you’re built. I’m 6’7” but long legs so the dodges don’t work for me (that I’ve sat in). The chevy’s work but for my leg length just barely. Something like an s class Mercedes is really where I can stretch out and be comfortable.

my dad is 6’4” but is all torso so some cars I fit in fine he almost hits his head :)
This guy is leggy like you.
Tried a couple of Dodge, banging knees everywhere😂

RCDave

Reaction score
My brother is 6'5" and has room to spare on a Toyota Tundra

johnnyC

Reaction score
just about any crew type cab will work, if still not enough room pull the drivers seat and redo the attaching points to the rear ....... more room!

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score

This is the correct answer. I’m 6’7” but I’m all torso. Regular man legs. I fit in damn near anything, but RIP to any rear passengers because I usually have to have the seat leaned back in order to clear the ceiling of the car. I’ve had every make of truck over the last few years and I’d say the new fords have the most room.

Posting from a Dodge Charger: lol.
image-2021-05-15-12:14:39-037.jpg

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Was waiting for a tall guy to mention this key point..... I'm 6'5" and my sister is a freakish 6'7" [she lies saying she's 6'6"] but we're all legs and short torso so don't have head room issues but seating and rest of fit can be challenging. I had a company F150 that worked fine for me. She's a Tahoe/ Suburban gal. Her femur is super long so air travel is really a bitch for her sorry ass.

satellitemike

Reaction score
6'7" here and almost all new trucks should fit the bill. I've had an 06 GMC, 19 Ram, and 3 F150's, 11, 15, and currently a 19. Im a little longer in the torso and headroom is always the issue. No sunroof and Im good to go.
Tell him to go drive the EB 3.5 he will like the EB 3.5 or he is a liar. 400hp and 500 torque!

HBCraig

Reaction score
Tall as in at least 6’5”
A pal of mine is considering a new to him truck purchase. His problem is he’s 6’6 and has a hard time fitting in most vehicles.
He wants a half ton long bed preferably but a short would work if a 6 foot bed he can cram his banshee into.
He’s sat in my 05 Ram and it’s a little tight with the seat all the way back.
He likes Ford, but hates the idea of a V-6 and is for whatever reason anti turbo😂
I keep telling him to go sit in a few Toyota’s as they make a V8 and the cabs in some are damn near Mega cab size.

What are you tall guys driving? Are there kits to extend seat bases back for giants?
Right now he’s driving (believe it or not) a Ford Ranger xtra cab😂
He can slide the seat all the way back into the extra cab and his legs fit. 😂😂
F150 Lariat

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

There ya go! That's key. Relative leg length. An old co-worker was about 6'4" or so but had really short legs. His problem was head room. My seat was further back than his cause even though I'm shorter, my legs are longer.

So..... what is said friend's inseam? That will give better guidance.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
I am 6’8 and drove a 07 extra cab 1500 Silverado then went to a 2019 2500 and now in a 2020 F-450

One of my issues was having limited sight where the roof line met the top of the windshield. I could not see most traffic lights at a stop and my neck would hurt from always lowering my head down when driving. Another thing for me was getting a truck without a sunroof as I needed more head room. My wife had a 2014 Suburban with a sunroof and driving it to the river I had to tilt my head sideways. In her new 2021 Suburban without a sunroof I have all kinds of head room.

The F-450 and the new Super Duty’s have a really tall windshield which I like.

WildWilly

Reaction score
as a few said, the adjustable pedals combined with no sun roof is the key. I'm 6'6" and for reference 34" inseam. I've had both Chevy and Dodge crews but prefer the dodges.

J5Daytona

Reaction score

this is pretty much what i was gonna say , Im only 6'2" but with a 38" inseam I'm all legs I slide my super duty seat back all the way . Converesely one of my closest friends is 6'5" with the exact same truck and only slides his seat about 3/4 the way back . People are recommending tacomas I can drive one for about 15 mins before I start getting cramps in my hips .

RichieRich

Reaction score
I am 6'5" and drive a Jeep Wrangler 4 door and a F350
if you are tall you kind of get used to fitting in cars. At work I drive a Ford Fusion and fit fine in it.

jesco

Reaction score
F150 with a 5.0 V8, DONE!!! And just a FYI, the F150 and 250s the cabs are the same, no difference other than chassis.

checkrd past

Reaction score
While I’m only 6’-0” I’m not sure Toyota will work out for him. Tundra’s tend to all have sunroofs which limit headroom. I don’t feel like I have a ton of excess headroom in my Toyota. Happy with the truck otherwise.

Yeah, I'm sure the Toyota's are still built around a 5 ft 10 frame

WildWilly

Reaction score
I am 6'5" and drive a Jeep Wrangler 4 door and a F350
if you are tall you kind of get used to fitting in cars. At work I drive a Ford Fusion and fit fine in it.

thats the sad truth. I spent so many years cramming myself in to cars that I could just so I could have them, and wishing I could in others. I gave up a few years back and just own and drive what I fit in now.

Deltarat

Reaction score
I'm 6'8" and am very comfortable in my F350, was also comfortable in my last F150.....like 707 said, fuck that Tahoe....lol!!! On a side note, surprisingly I'm very comfortable in my new Camry as well.