WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question on 36 Bullet

pkbullet

Reaction score
I know they only built two, and it would be near impossible to get Gene to build one but has anyone rode in or driven one? I can’t think of anything else that would be modern with an open bow that would still be relatively fast in that size range. We have had a 25 and 28, they build a great boat. I think one with 700’s or maybe 1100’s could be a trick setup?

Motor Boater

Reaction score
From what I’ve heard Howard has a waiting list a few years long to get anything built.

pkbullet

Reaction score
From what I’ve heard Howard has a waiting list a few years long to get anything built.
I spoke to Gene and he didn’t really want to build one, but said maybe if Teague would rig it. That’s all fine , but I have never riden in our seen one in person. I just can’t think of any v in that size that I would be interested in besides theirs.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I won’t mention what I could have got the closed bow one for in 2017, it was the white one with the blue and silver. Let’s just say I made a big mistake not pulling the trigger a unbelievable deal. Gene was going to set it up. It was just sitting in a warehouse in Valencia.

pkbullet

Reaction score
I won’t mention what I could have got the closed bow one for in 2017, it was the white one with the blue and silver. Let’s just say I made a big mistake not pulling the trigger a unbelievable deal. Gene was going to set it up. It was just sitting in a warehouse in Valencia.
Did you get to drive it? I just can’t believe if it was as good a boat as the other bullets that only two were built. I guess it could be that’s just not where the demand is these days.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Wonder if they have built one with an open bow? I have no knowledge, but have read they are sketchy turning?

Red and white one was a open bow, I believe merc 700’s, the one I wanted I believe had 525’s.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Did you get to drive it? I just can’t believe if it was as good a boat as the other bullets that only two were built. I guess it could be that’s just not where the demand is these days.

Never got a chance to drive it, the owner just quit using it. It’s probably still available Gene may still know. I’ll shoot you a PM.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Wonder if they have built one with an open bow? I have no knowledge, but have read they are sketchy turning?
I don’t know but I’m sure they could figure it out.

they have plenty of 1350 and 1550 boats that they have built and you don’t hear about them having turning issues.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You could always do this
C68BA267-9A5F-476B-ACC4-EB29C8B64064.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the 36 bullets?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
The article about the 36 in speedboat made me want one so bad. I saw the molds just sitting there in the factory the 2nd or 3rd time we visited. Gene still gets requests to build them and I'm pretty sure he keeps turning them down. They have all they can handle just trying to keep up with the 25' and 28' models..

RCDave

Reaction score

This is an awesome boat

Reactions: DWC

pkbullet

Reaction score
Ah. I remember seeing that now. Things sweet. Very similar likes as the Nordic. I’m guessing build quality performance and ride is better in the Howard though. Wonder why gene doesn’t like building them.
He told me they take too long and too much space. They slow down or get in the way of his main focus models. He said he would consider building hull but they would not have time to rig one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

lol x2!

Tank

Reaction score
He told me they take too long and too much space. They slow down or get in the way of his main focus models. He said he would consider building hull but they would not have time to rig one.

Far from me to second guess Genes business decisions. But most manufacturers jump at the opportunity to build larger boats purely for financial reasons. The price difference between a 28’ vs a 36’ boat is most likely double the retail price. But the cost of material for 8’ more fiberglass, wood, vinyl, paint is minimal (everything from the fairing back is basically the same cost (sans twin motors which manufacturer doesn’t pay for).

Space to build the larger boat is a problem of course. But I’d say the priority would be to build a bigger order thus make twice the money in one build. Thought he moved Over to the new location for more space.

I was told by someone else however that they are 2 years out for a new boat. Good problem to have for Gene 👍👍

Reactions: DWC

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the other 36 built. Thought I had more but can't find them. It made an appearance at the 2016 Regatta. Bad ass boat!

Last time I talked to Gene, he had so many orders for decks and the VTX that he isn't really interested in building V hulls unless you want to pay for it. Last 25 bullet they built went for $150k +.

tapatalk_2129351107_400x225.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
The new tuff34 with twin 450s is lookin pretty bad ass 113mph and bouncing off limiter first weekend out.
Granted it’s not really a family friendly 34. But still sweet ride
View attachment 1011070
Watching the videos of it and how they run is impressive. I would like to see how one runs in some chop though......

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
Why not look at a 35' Fountain? You could probably pick up a clean ride for far less than anything else of that caliber. It's not a Howard, but it has to be one of the most efficient and dialed in step-bottom hulls ever made.