WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Questions about a Cole

Chopperman

Reaction score
Looking to the RDP peeps for some info about a Cole that's listed on Craigslist. It's on consignment at Domin8er in Havasu. I talked to Rick over there but trying to get the whole story on the boat. I have questions about the boat and its history. Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link. Thanks guys!!

http://mohave.craigslist.org/boa/6165247170.html

traquer

Reaction score
That's exactly the boat I will be looking for in the future. Go easy on it and PM me if you want to sell in a few years :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Don't know the history of the boat but love the 250's!

Wasn't that long ago yet u could buy one of these for like 26-27k.. lol. Crazy how much shit has skyrocketed

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Check the hull number. I think 07 Cole was done. Buddy of mine has 25 world class. Nice boat. 02.

Chopperman

Reaction score
Check the hull number. I think 07 Cole was done. Buddy of mine has 25 world class. Nice boat. 02.

That's my concern. Not sure if it's a real Cole. Trying to figure this out right now. I know some were built after Jim stopped building them that had Cole HIN's. Asking price is a bit steep IMO. I've compared some pictures of other 250 Coles and some things aren't adding up to me. Just trying to see what's what with this boat.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
That's my concern. Not sure if it's a real Cole. Trying to figure this out right now. I know some were built after Jim stopped building them that had Cole HIN's. Asking price is a bit steep IMO. I've compared some pictures of other 250 Coles and some things aren't adding up to me. Just trying to see what's what with this boat.

Exactly my thoughts. The same guy I know worked there. I remember he said the molds went somewhere in 02 or 03 if I remember right.

Taboma

Reaction score
The last year the NADA guide lists is 03' and the statement regarding Cole states they stopped production in 03' as well.
NADA Cole 2003.jpg

jones performance

Reaction score
i recall hearing a co in fontana had the molds and popped a 25 out around that time.

if you notice it doesnt say cole anywhere on the boat like they normally did, either on the gel, or in trim pieces.

Chopperman

Reaction score
i recall hearing a co in fontana had the molds and popped a 25 out around that time.

if you notice it doesnt say cole anywhere on the boat like they normally did, either on the gel, or in trim pieces.

Ya, I saw that. There isn't a Cole logo anywhere on the boat. Not on the seats, steering wheel, gel, trim, nowhere. Kind of making me wonder. Still looking into the HIN.

boat527

Reaction score
Ya, I saw that. There isn't a Cole logo anywhere on the boat. Not on the seats, steering wheel, gel, trim, nowhere. Kind of making me wonder. Still looking into the HIN.

2003 25' Cole:

Cole 2.JPG 25 Cole1.JPG

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Coles molds are in Hemet at Carrera in 04 05 06 Jim built a few spec boats
and a local rigger put them together for him want to say it was around 4 boats
2--25 and a couple 22s.

boater250s

Reaction score
Gel coat looks odd to me. Note gas cap location, not to mention the gel coat quality.

Attachments

• IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 57

Chopperman

Reaction score
Gel coat looks odd to me. Note gas cap location, not to mention the gel coat quality.

That was one of the things I noticed. Gas fill is in the middle of the gel, not like other Cole 250's that are located further forward. Just seems to be lots of little things not adding up.

playdeep

Reaction score
Jeff Clark built a couple of boats out of the Cole molds during the brief time he had them,before they did the midnight express from Havasu back to SoCal.

hawgty55

Reaction score
I also had short i trest in this boat but never recieved a response on if it was a cole vined boat or not witch the price is definitely trying to reflect. Mine also has cole on the steering wheel and rear gel as other posters. Nothing on interior and my fuel cap is alson not in the colors! IMG952537.jpg

hawgty55

Reaction score
After looking at the pictures its a 250 mold i guess but not layed up by jim. Ive been around a couple and none of them are updated like this one as far as ice chest storage, glove box, molded headrest,the breather vents on rear swim step, there isnt any support from cuddy to floor,the bow rails are chrome most are black and could be wrong or updated but all the coles ive seen are on ellis trailers.still could be a good boat if the price was negotiated. A super clean cole just sold last week gives you a good idea of what to work toward. Because there not worth anything on the NADA guide

traquer

Reaction score
Good thread, I didn't catch the no brand thing based on the pics. I'm sure for the right price it'd be a good boat but gotta water test it

Sunset

Reaction score
I have a 2002 25 S
Who rigged it?
Not a Cole

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 69

dribble

Reaction score
I know that Martin Tyler of Performance Offshore Marine did at least one Cole in 2007. He told me that had an agreement with Jim Cole let him build at least one 25 with the Cole name and HIN (for a price). I briefly considered buying it. The boat shown is not that boat. but it could be another one built by him though.

jlindz

Reaction score
I happen to know the owner of this boat. Stand up guy...he asked that I post this. Hopefully it clears some things up.

Post this:
I bought the boat from eliminator in riverside. They told me Jim Cole teamed up with a guy and made a few boats that year. They told me the boat was inspected and approved by Jim. I bought it new for 65K. It's been garaged since I bought it.

dribble

Reaction score
I happen to know the owner of this boat. Stand up guy...he asked that I post this. Hopefully it clears some things up.

Post this:
I bought the boat from eliminator in riverside. They told me Jim Cole teamed up with a guy and made a few boats that year. They told me the boat was inspected and approved by Jim. I bought it new for 65K. It's been garaged since I bought it.

The guy I was talking about in my earlier post. Martin Tyler. He used to build Eagle Pacific. Also rigged my Caliber 1

hawgty55

Reaction score
Guess a call down to eliminator cant hurt. To find out who the"guy" is.