WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Questions about ceramic coating ?

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
I sure hope it wasn't. And if so, it got the $650 special.

The white & blue 33 that eliminator also had on display at DS was a apparently a brand new boat with testing time only. The gel, windshields and accent pieces were in such bad shape the boat looked like it had been used for several seasons.

I see a couple manufactures turning out new boats that the finish is terrible on, scratched, swirled and even burned from a poor polish job.
More reason to get that new boat in for a correction and coating, it will look better than new.

Quality ceramic coating done and maintained right is definitely not snake oil. It will last several years and makes clean up easy without having to wax once or twice a season.
Its not snake oil when done with quality products and by a professional detailer. My son is a detailer and I wasn’t a believer in ceramic coating at first. I have since seen his truck and my wife’s car coated by him and its worth it imo. You just need to clean it properly after its been coated.

Englewood

Reaction score
I must be in the minority here but I owned an Eliminator speedster that just had it done prior to me purchasing it. I wasn’t impressed 🤷‍♂️. I was told by a well known shop that it actually hurts the gel coat?

Riverryder

Reaction score
I must be in the minority here but I owned an Eliminator speedster that just had it done prior to me purchasing it. I wasn’t impressed 🤷‍♂️. I was told by a well known shop that it actually hurts the gel coat?
It’s me and you against them haha

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I think if the correction is done right before applying the ceramic , you won’t thinks it’s snake oil. If you do ceramic over a shorty surface, you’re locking in the shitty surface. You need to find a Detailer that can prep the surface properly. Chris At Detail specialties seems to have the process down. I’ve sold a few boats that were coated by him, and you just need a wet rag to clean them.

Highrisespl

Reaction score
To answer the question ceramic works great we use IGL all the time

Attachments

• 35580A7C-4B02-4E21-A49A-FC67E866AC7E.jpeg
    35580A7C-4B02-4E21-A49A-FC67E866AC7E.jpeg
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 14

traquer

Reaction score
Agreed that it's all about the prep work. Even brand new car paint really benefits from someone polishing it up. Some people actually wet sand their brand new factory paint to minimize orange peel, but I think that's overkill and the future owner will be pissed when his clearcoat is so thin down the line..

boatnam2

Reaction score
I thought it was decent on boat, had it put on my truck 15 months ago and took it in for the annual today, never used a wash cloth on it only spray hose and dry it, I think it was worth it.