WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Questions about powdercoating hardware

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with powdercoating vents, grab rails, swimsteps, cleats etc? How does it hold up? I'm thinking of black or orange. Would black be too hot?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It’s all in the prep. I just had a bunch of my stuff done in Illusion Smurf Blue and it's gorgeous.
Seems the new big thing is doing black specially on the Eliminator’s, i wouldn’t be afraid at all to do it all black and would look stellar on your boat

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
It’s all in the prep. I just had a bunch of my stuff done in Illusion Smurf Blue and it's gorgeous.
Seems the new big thing is doing black specially on the Eliminator’s, i wouldn’t be afraid at all to do it all black and would look stellar on your boat
yeah I was leaning toward going all black, I think it would look badass. I even want replace the rubrail with a black one.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
D25F5518-8880-4BCE-A69C-F608E6026D9D.jpeg
Eddie Marine does a kick ass job, they call it fusion coating, polish then powder then clear

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Powdercoat is far superior to anodizing, as it won’t fade the same. And doesn’t get nearly as hot.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Look t how One-a-day’s is it’s two tone black and polished. I didn’t do anything out back or exterior yet as idk how the blue will look out there on mine. But i did two tone blue and polished on my interior pieces, it’s cheaper as your doing less pieces but i also think it ultimately looks better. Do black with polished handles like his, your vents and single item pieces all black.

But on the rub rail i personally don’t think black would go good on yours. If anything I’d have it all painted as you really won’t have to paint a lot of it just the orange overlay sections. I think painted rub rail is the best all around look. Capping is cool and looks good but is a sob as one bad bump and it’s a gel repair.
But the cleats handles the bezels around such as the fuel vents and bilge dump hole I’d leave polished and black on most the rest. Will look sba