WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quick detail cleaner

575cat

Reaction score
Whats a quick wipe down cleaner , one Item no whole production or assortment of bottles .

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I like Performance Boat Candy. Pull the boat out, spray it on as you go, wipe it off, a quick buff and you’re done. No water spots and a slick finish. But you may need some scrubbing bubbles on the transom to get the soot off easily.

Last edited:

jailbird141

Reaction score
What Backlash said. It works great for a quick wipe down.

PlanB

Reaction score
Hot Sauce for the boat and FW1 for the cars and motorcycles.

RichieRich

Reaction score
just ordered some Babes Cleaner Wax and its pretty awesome...almost everything else I've tried leaves some type of streaks, but not Babes
try some

DWC

Reaction score
Xtreme Products all day. Got tired of the vinegar smell from the other brands.

This ^^^^^
Ceramic wax and this stuff all day long. Boat candy or hot sauce works great for water spots. I use them towards the end of the season when the wax is on its last leg

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
Hot Sauce for the boat and FW1 for the cars and motorcycles.

I been seeing the fw1 stuff a lot lately. Why not for the boat? To expensive I assume. The videos look crazy what it can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renodaytona

Reaction score
Another vote for hot sauce, I've been using it for years. Had some sticky lake scum on the boat after being in the water yesterday, the Hot Sauce took it right off.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Hot Sauce is all i have used on my boat last 4 years. Getting to the point i need to wax it this winter again.

I use there quickie wax on my ski before launching if I plan on leaving it in for few days. Just pulled it after 4 days. Used a cloth to dry the wells out and wipe off the scum line. Then hot sauced it up. Looks like new.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I use Meguiars "Quick Detail Spray." Works well when you only need to wipe off a light layer of dust or just to wipe off a few fresh water spots. Inexpensive too.

This, cheap and works great. You can buy it by the gallon and save some coin.

I use their Xpress spray wax, but it is a wax. If you go for more than a day or at most 2, it wont take off the water spots and you will need some kind of detail spray.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Safe for the ceramic coat?
He actually just released a new product just for ceramic coats. Sold out pretty quick. I don't use the boat mist anymore, just water and at the end of trip I wash with soap and finish with speed mist.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

E4L

Reaction score
I like this by shine supply
IMG_1603.jpg

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I’ve used the Meguires Ultimate Detailer for several years and it works pretty good. My new thing is Chemical Guys V07 quick Detailer. You can get it on Amazon or a handful of local places. The gloss it leaves behind is crazy, the boat looks wet when you’re done.

old rigger

Reaction score
I’ve used the Meguires Ultimate Detailer for several years and it works pretty good. My new thing is Chemical Guys V07 quick Detailer. You can get it on Amazon or a handful of local places. The gloss it leaves behind is crazy, the boat looks wet when you’re done.

I'm going to try this one, thanks.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Xtreme products. I think he’s offering a 10% discount to RDP members

EBT531

Reaction score

Do you use it on the deck as well? Is it slippery as heck vs Mequires detailer (which I use now)

Jay Dub

Reaction score
I use Hot sauce on the Boat and Meguairs quick detailer on the vehicles.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Supposedly Mike from XTREME has a new coming out that is infused with ceramic that he says is a game changer. I am really looking forward to trying it.

I bought hydrosilex fro my cars and was surprised at how well it worked. My truck felt slippery for like six months.. I’m not sure if I’d want that shit in the deck of a boat because it almost feels “slimy” for lack of a better term.. lol. You would eat shit guaranteed wet or dry.

I have always liked performance boat candy, but I have a shit ton of it.. I have also been using xtreme a lot now just because the smell is pleasant.

if there are hard water spots on dark surfaces I will use lime away and then go back over it with a spray wax..

If the boat is clean (acetone wile down) I absolutely love ducky’s yellow super wet carnuba wax.. I suspect there are synthetics they are better now and ceramic.. but that wax smell and finish.. I guess I’m oldschool though

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My local Walmart carries the complete line of the Chemical Guys products. I too recently bought the V07 detailer and also going to try the the Ecosmart waterless wash and wax concentrate.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Opimum No Rinse (ONR) diluted per the recommendations.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Supposedly Mike from XTREME has a new coming out that is infused with ceramic that he says is a game changer. I am really looking forward to trying it.

I bought hydrosilex fro my cars and was surprised at how well it worked. My truck felt slippery for like six months.. I’m not sure if I’d want that shit in the deck of a boat because it almost feels “slimy” for lack of a better term.. lol. You would eat shit guaranteed wet or dry.

I have always liked performance boat candy, but I have a shit ton of it.. I have also been using xtreme a lot now just because the smell is pleasant.

if there are hard water spots on dark surfaces I will use lime away and then go back over it with a spray wax..

If the boat is clean (acetone wile down) I absolutely love ducky’s yellow super wet carnuba wax.. I suspect there are synthetics they are better now and ceramic.. but that wax smell and finish.. I guess I’m oldschool though
He gave a bottle of it to try this weekend. Seems to be doing the job. I’m going to use it on my trailer and hopefully it keeps it from water spotting.

PlanB

Reaction score
I been seeing the fw1 stuff a lot lately. Why not for the boat? To expensive I assume. The videos look crazy what it can do.

If the boat does not need spot removal it would work well. I prefer FW1 over all the other quick detailing sprays I have tried.

Reactions: DWC

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Do you use it on the deck as well? Is it slippery as heck vs Mequires detailer (which I use now)
Yeah I use it on the whole boat. It’s slippery if you’re wearing socks. I haven’t noticed it being too slippery with bare feet. If I toss a towel onto the deck it slides right off Set the bottle of cleaner on the deck it’ll slide off too.
C9301BC3-0B02-4BF5-99F9-FF63BD07E196.jpeg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I keep coming back to Hot Sauce for the boat, easy and works good, also like Lucas Slick Mist for the cars, also sometimes on the boat if it's already clean. I'll also give an honorable mention to Nauti Shine.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I like this by shine supply View attachment 891404

If you like eco shine, I would try their aftermath. It is designed specifically for boats. Eco shine is a waterless wash. Absolutely great for a light dust. I use it on my vehicles mid week between washes.

I use nothing but shine supply. Jeremy has amazing products.

YZFRider

Reaction score
Clean Microfiber and lake water or RO water will get 90% of your water spots off. Provided you do not let them etch into boat and you actually wax your boat. Once boat is in shade and you have a cold beer. Any water-less wash or quick detail like Lucas Slick Mist will do the trick.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I like this by shine supply View attachment 891404

I would also try spiked punch. It is kind of a mix of eco shine mixed with punch it. Punch it is a ceramic detailer wax.

I also attached the boat maintenance kit. It includes the aftermath for quick wipe down, the sunsetter interior spray and a full ceramic wax for any stubborn water spots.

I bought it for my brother-in-law, who was a skeptic. Said he had tried them all and they are all the same. Well, I got a text about how amazing this stuff was.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Lemon Pledge does the same thing for bug strikes, but its way cheaper than Slick Mist ;)

A member of RDP mentioned used dryer sheets for bugs, so I gave it a try and it worked.

Now we save all the used dryer sheets for the front of our vehicles.

jones performance

Reaction score
i use chemical guys products. i did use hot sauce as well at the ramp after pulling boat out, product works great but the smell is just fuckin horrible.

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i use chemical guys products. i did use hot sauce as well at the ramp after pulling boat out, product works great but the smell is just fuckin horrible.
Nothing but Driven products for me for since 2002.

Last edited:

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I use a spray bottom of water and a high quality micro fiber towel, that ceramic coating from Detail Specialties was worth every penny.

Edit: I do like the Boat Bling and Adam‘s Products.

Last edited:

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
54CE8FC5-3DB8-4519-AEC0-0F0E39BB31CD.jpeg
Thought I’d chime, found this product online, work great and easy on my white truck and the wife’s black car, haven’t tried it on the boat yet!

Mototrig

Reaction score
X3 for Meguiars. I use it on my cars, gold cart and ski's. The Chevelle has 45 year old paint, Meguiars is a quick shine up.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Shine supply ride shine. I get compliments quite often on my 15 year old truck.