WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quick note on the Cyber Attacks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Now on my iPad, when attempting to get on RDP, I’m getting “Checking your browser before accessing riverdavesplace.com”. It stays on that message. But, I’m able to access RDP on my iPhone 7 without any problem. There’s even no airplanes. Both devices are using Safari for the browser. Weird?

The checking your browser should take you to a screen where you click a box that says "I'm a human" from there the captcha screen.. You click the pics it asks for. From there it will tell you, you have a security error... LOL. (I wish I was making this up) Just click forums and your in.

Kinda the point of my post was to say that if people are going through all that bullshit to get on here, I really appreciate the loyalty.

RD

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The attempts on my iPad do not lead me to the captcha. The message “checking the browser etc” just sits there and continues to display. Although, even in its current wounded state, RDP continues to produce. Received a good recommendation for a local contractor from Ace in the Hole.

Last edited:

smilemaker

Reaction score
Dave, you prolly don't remember me, but I was part of the OG family that got together to share CL's back in the day. When my kid's grew up and wifey quit wanting to go with me to the river, I sold everything and bought a condo in Palm Desert. We golfed there every weekend for 7 years until obummer put an end to that. Lost my ass. I kinda drifted away from here because I was boatless and thought I did not belong. But I missed the friends I made. Every time we were on Parker strip, I knew there were inmates around me that had my back and I theirs.

Great to be back and having a blast. I lurked for awhile because a lot of the OG's were gone and figured the FNG's would think I was a poser.

Keep up the fight and if you ever need anything a tired, worn out old dentist can provide, just let me know. After my back surgery 3 years ago, I pretty much can't do anything fun but swim with my grandkids, but still alive.

Take care brother.

smilemaker

lbhsbz

Reaction score
On my phone its hard to see the images so i mess up, but fuck those assholes i'm not going to give in, don't care how many tries it takes
just log in in the morning....you'll be fine

traquer

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the SEO impacts if setup right @RiverDave (Cloudflare is smart enough to let the commonly known Googlebot IPs in and not block them, and there's settings specifically for it https://developers.cloudflare.com/firewall/known-issues-and-faq) I haven't personally implemented a solution like this but keep an eye on your Google Search Console to see if you start getting coverage errors.

Also as a side note, looks like your SEO is doing well and Google loves the site :) The July 1 core algorithm update and the September 1 unannounced algorithm update benefited the site pretty impressively. Google likes good unique content (it's called "information gain" where topics and entities are connected that Google hasn't seen anywhere else before. It knows good knowledge is being shared here that isn't anywhere else. Google is pretty smart these days!)

Best of luck!

1632444852033.png

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I haven't had to do anything, but hit back and refresh and it lets me right in. Good thing cause I'm pretty computer illiterate.😁

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
It will take more than this to keep us out Dave!

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
@RiverDave The CAPTCHA isn't that bad. Take your time and find the best solution for this. Get as much input as possible so you can evaluate the best options.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Serious question, how often are you logging in? I had to reset my password this weekend when we all got booted out because I haven't had to log-in in probably 3 years.
I don't log in often. But if I had to 2fa every time I tried to go to rdp I'd Kurt Cobain myself lol

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I feel like RDP is like the last outpost of freedom in a internet wasteland! The Internet used to be a useful repository of information! Like RDP still is! They can’t control all the info we take in! Stand strong Dave! FREEEEEDOM!!!

You’re right. If folks are paying attention the enemies of America are hiding in plain sight - I’m talking about the most basic online function, a Google search and how dramatically it’s changed because Google is the most powerful and evil company among many

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the SEO impacts if setup right @RiverDave (Cloudflare is smart enough to let the commonly known Googlebot IPs in and not block them, and there's settings specifically for it https://developers.cloudflare.com/firewall/known-issues-and-faq) I haven't personally implemented a solution like this but keep an eye on your Google Search Console to see if you start getting coverage errors.

Also as a side note, looks like your SEO is doing well and Google loves the site :) The July 1 core algorithm update and the September 1 unannounced algorithm update benefited the site pretty impressively. Google likes good unique content (it's called "information gain" where topics and entities are connected that Google hasn't seen anywhere else before. It knows good knowledge is being shared here that isn't anywhere else. Google is pretty smart these days!)

Best of luck!

View attachment 1052698

I'm kind of a big thing with Google. I drive a lot of traffic.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Two of the forums I regular have been hit in the last 2 years, one was down for months while they recovered decades of posts, the other lost decades of posts and everyone became a new member. it sucked balls both times.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Two of the forums I regular have been hit in the last 2 years, one was down for months while they recovered decades of posts, the other lost decades of posts and everyone became a new member. it sucked balls both times.

We run backups so we won't lose anything.. This is more just a pain in the ass for right now.

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Logging in question.
Do these count as an airplane?

DE141BA2-3084-4C25-86BB-B538A1D35F7E.jpeg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Hey Dave just curious, how much space does the site take up?

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Dave. I don’t care what it takes to log on to the site. It is worth the effort to keep the site stable and the undesirables out.
this X2. The captcha thing is only a few clicks.

Taboma

Reaction score
I've logged off, cleared my Chrome browser, and when I return I see the "Checking Browser" page, then I'm redirected to Login, but it shows the " Oops" something f**ked up, hit the back button notification, but if I ignore it and log in, there's no captchas, haven't seen one since the day of the big battle.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
What happened to those crazy Russians RD was using?