WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quick PSA from RDP to ALL MEMBERS regarding Doom and Gloom - Virus / BLM Movement - Please Read

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I agree with you. It was getting out of hand. I'll be sure to bring you a wheeler next time we are out 👍🍻

98special

Reaction score
Since "Normal" refers to past events, how can it be new? Just sayn. Lol
Point well taken though.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If you run Havasu like this, when elected, it will be a much better place for boaters!

Lol

Sequestering demographics and opinionated rants works well as a management tool on a privately owned, privately funded web site.

It’s not such an effective tool when it comes to a publicly funded societal setting...although Hitler gave it a hell of a shot.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lol

Sequestering demographics and opinionated rants works well as a management tool on a privately owned, privately funded web site.

It’s not such an effective tool when it comes to a publicly funded societal setting...although Hitler gave it a hell of a shot.

It does in a massively conservative town! :D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I have instructed the IT guys to change the name of the Corona Virus to : Doom And Gloom - Corona Virus / BLM Movement.

I had initially hoped that this BLM thing was gonna be a flash in the pan and just kinda go away.. It is clear to me that there is gonna be major incident after major incident all the way to the election in November at this point. While I feel the issues are extremely important, and I have no problem having spirited conversations regarding all the topics, RDP as a website is supposed to be a place to escape work for a few minutes a day... In order to "brighten" ones day, not make ya fell any worse.

Throughout the course of the Corona Virus, it got to the point where I was moving 10-15 threads a day out of the lounge and into that section.. It is time consuming, and some of them are difficult to discern which section to even put them in either politics or other. With that said, it is a lot easier to click the delete button than to move a thread.. Even easier to click the ban button if we are being honest. I don't have time to sit here and play "baby sitter" for those that can't resist the urge to post this stuff in the lounge. Just post it in the right section.

If you start a thread that says "Sorry Dave it's just too important" you will be banned for a month. Zero strike rules. That is the latest thing going on, and honestly it makes me want to reach through the screen and choke the author.

On that note regor / wtg / 530 / and other P&G antagonists... Back in the hole guys. You managed to crawl out and bring your age old war to the lounge in several threads..

--------------------------------------------

GRADS - has left the building. He is a social agitator and during these times of civil unrest... I honestly just don't need that shit on here anymore. I had hoped he had changed, and hoped he could at least offer some perspective from a different view point, but the constant need for attention (especially negative attention) has outweighed any useful perspective he could offer. At the earliest I could see him returning would be after the election in November (if ever).

I'm going to begin bouncing all these threads out of the lounge and into the new catch all "Doom and Gloom" section today.

Stay Safe guys... Stay Vigilant..

Stay positive in the lounge.

RD

85 likes and counting...thats a new record [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Your patience has been extraordinary, to say the least. I commend you on your recent decision. RDP is a now a better place. So let's talk about boats, the River/Havasu, our summer, Powell, Oct Desert Storm, Dam Runs etc etc and helping each other. Those are many of the reasons 99% of us are here. Thanks. Now let's move on.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Quick question.
Who was the one that left all these threads in the lounge?
I didn’t “crawl” out of the dungeon.
I posted wherever the threads that interested me were stationed. And that stationing is controlled only by ownership.
The same ownership that defended leaving these threads in the lounge just a few short days ago

Kind of reminds me of a pharma company both inventing and curing a disease.

“Managed to crawl out of the dungeon”...noted.

Last edited:

73mandella

Reaction score
It's always nice to have a place to speak your mind, but it's gotten out of hand (everywhere). It'll be nice to discuss our commonalities and differences as they relate to boating!

Thanks Dave

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Just sayin... suck and fKing tired sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rush1

Reaction score
What could possibly the the positive / good sides of any of those subjects.. Both good and bad, if they are pertaining to that virus.. goes in there. If they are pertaining to BLM / Protests / riots / vandalism / Looting / Goes in there. If it starts with Newsome / Newscum / Pelosi / Trump / Government / etc... goes in politics.

RD
Back in my day BLM was a bad word ,went right along with the Sierra club Bureau of Land Management lol all they did was close the desert down to riding

riverroyal

Reaction score
Did you read his thread about having a stroke. It got several inmates thinking about getting check ups and echocardiogram testing. His thread on his melanoma skin cancer got many inmates to get checked for cancer. His Tahoe threads are awesome. Just a few of his better threads. Your right he brought nothing. :rolleyes:
I have heard disease. Get checked
Skin cancer, had a piece of my ear and nose chopped. Get checked.

Get you vitals checked
Colon checked
Testies checked

There you go, we should be fine without his 'good' input now

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I have heard disease. Get checked
Skin cancer, had a piece of my ear and nose chopped. Get checked.

Get you vitals checked
Colon checked
Testies checked

There you go, we should be fine without his 'good' input now
Ok start a thread about your experiences So everyone can read about them Instead of being buried in this thread. Thanks. :rolleyes:

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ok start a thread about your experiences So everyone can read about them Instead of being buried in this thread. Thanks. :rolleyes:
Ha. Naw. We all have something!
I will say to men here we are all under unbelievable stress right now.
Whether you know it or not. If something doesnt feel right get checked. Now more than ever

Reactions: DWC

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Ha. Naw. We all have something!
I will say to men here we are all under unbelievable stress right now.
Whether you know it or not. If something doesnt feel right get checked. Now more than ever
Yep. After Grads posted about his stroke I made a appointment to get a check up and to renew my prescriptions. Turning 60 next month. o_O

jetur

Reaction score
Great news. Things were definitely spiraling in the lounge.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Excellent! All the doom and gloom threads are such a buzz kill. the media is having a flipping heyday. Cant stand hearing anymore BS

copterzach

Reaction score
This is what I missed. The lounge and all the constant BS being posted was why I took about a 2 week vacation from all social media and the news.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I have instructed the IT guys to change the name of the Corona Virus to : Doom And Gloom - Corona Virus / BLM Movement.

I had initially hoped that this BLM thing was gonna be a flash in the pan and just kinda go away.. It is clear to me that there is gonna be major incident after major incident all the way to the election in November at this point. While I feel the issues are extremely important, and I have no problem having spirited conversations regarding all the topics, RDP as a website is supposed to be a place to escape work for a few minutes a day... In order to "brighten" ones day, not make ya fell any worse.

Throughout the course of the Corona Virus, it got to the point where I was moving 10-15 threads a day out of the lounge and into that section.. It is time consuming, and some of them are difficult to discern which section to even put them in either politics or other. With that said, it is a lot easier to click the delete button than to move a thread.. Even easier to click the ban button if we are being honest. I don't have time to sit here and play "baby sitter" for those that can't resist the urge to post this stuff in the lounge. Just post it in the right section.

If you start a thread that says "Sorry Dave it's just too important" you will be banned for a month. Zero strike rules. That is the latest thing going on, and honestly it makes me want to reach through the screen and choke the author.

On that note regor / wtg / 530 / and other P&G antagonists... Back in the hole guys. You managed to crawl out and bring your age old war to the lounge in several threads..

--------------------------------------------

GRADS - has left the building. He is a social agitator and during these times of civil unrest... I honestly just don't need that shit on here anymore. I had hoped he had changed, and hoped he could at least offer some perspective from a different view point, but the constant need for attention (especially negative attention) has outweighed any useful perspective he could offer. At the earliest I could see him returning would be after the election in November (if ever).

I'm going to begin bouncing all these threads out of the lounge and into the new catch all "Doom and Gloom" section today.

Stay Safe guys... Stay Vigilant..

Stay positive in the lounge.

RD

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
It always makes me laugh when someone says now we can get back to boating content.

I cant think of the last time I went to the river that I wasnt sitting in/on the back of or up against a boat that had a trump, blue lives matter or American Flag waving.

In my mind that would make it boating content.

hallett21

Reaction score
It always makes me laugh when someone says now we can get back to boating content.

I cant think of the last time I went to the river that I wasnt sitting in/on the back of or up against a boat that had a trump, blue lives matter or American Flag waving.

In my mind that would make it boating content.

Or we could get back to custom builds, new tech, boating trips, seeing how fast @Bullhead bully went this week etc[emoji16][emoji41]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Quick question.
Who was the one that left all these threads in the lounge?
I didn’t “crawl” out of the dungeon.
I posted wherever the threads that interested me were stationed. And that stationing is controlled only by ownership.
The same ownership that defended leaving these threads in the lounge just a few short days ago

Kind of reminds me of a pharma company both inventing and curing a disease.

“Managed to crawl out of the dungeon”...noted.

It was a joke Tommy

JD D05

Reaction score
Your patience has been extraordinary, to say the least. I commend you on your recent decision. RDP is a now a better place. So let's talk about boats, the River/Havasu, our summer, Powell, Oct Desert Storm, Dam Runs etc etc and helping each other. Those are many of the reasons 99% of us are here. Thanks. Now let's move on.

Ya sorry me and my friends just declared Powell an Autonomous Zone we are head of everything.

H4215

Reaction score
Seems reasonable, and yet as always I am way late to this party.

probablecause

Reaction score
I love the "Mostly Peaceful" that the lib media is throwing out as a brick flies past their reporters' heads

Joe mama

Reaction score
So when’s the———————starts the shooting starts.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Yep. After Grads posted about his stroke I made a appointment to get a check up and to renew my prescriptions. Turning 60 next month. o_O

You needed another poster to remind you to get your prescriptions refilled and get a check up? You are almost 60 and haven't figured out how to keep up with basic health care? No wonder you are in favor of a nanny state / democrat run utopia.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
You needed another poster to remind you to get your prescriptions refilled and get a check up? You are almost 60 and haven't figured out how to keep up with basic health care? No wonder you are in favor of a nanny state / democrat run utopia.
Ha Ha Good one Carolyn..lol 😂 Your right though Carolyn I usually get a check up a couple times a year. With the Covid I didn‘t want to go to the MOB for a check up. No worries. Prescriptions are filled and have another check up in a couple months. Thanks for caring. 👍 :cool:

BTW..The weather is great today in my (D) Utopia. 👍🤣

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Ha Ha Good one Carolyn..lol 😂 Your right though Carolyn I usually get a check up a couple times a year. With the Covid I didn‘t want to go to the MOB for a check up. No worries. Prescriptions are filled and have another check up in a couple months. Thanks for caring. 👍 :cool:

BTW..The weather is great today in my (D) Utopia. 👍🤣
That’s only because you live in one of the most conservative (R) areas of California. 😉 LOL 😊