WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quick review. Aqua Power Ltd Mufflers

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Just wanted to give a quick review in case anyone is looking for a different option or is need of mufflers.

I know most everyone with high hp runs Gatlins, or a switchable type like Teague ST450's, or CMI sound elimination. Gibson is also one on the list.

Cost on a few are pretty high as well as losing some performance. Imco Gatlins price is the main con. The Gibson's rob some power and are only made of 304. When I called Gibson their customer was not all that great. Timeframe to build was 8-12 weeks, and then I would have to wait until they arrived at Teague since they are exclusive now.

Anyhow long story short I picked up two sets of Aqua Power Clamp on's for 600sci's. Paul's customer service was great, delivered when he promised, as well as a satisfaction guarantee. Made from 316 here in the USA for much less. 2 sets shipped were the same price as one set of Gatlins.

They sound great, and the boat seems to run better with them. No moving parts, and a double clamp design. Here is a link to the site. I would highly recommend them. There is also very good info on the site about sound etc.

http://aquapowerltd.com/

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Is there any independent testing concerning actual db reduction? A buddy is looking for mufflers.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Is there any independent testing concerning actual db reduction? A buddy is looking for mufflers.

When I talked to Paul he said much of the testing was done with Bob Brown from Hotboat and with Mercury on the 662 and 1075.

The 662 was a big deal noise wise to be compliant with European sound ordinance.

Our 600's were loud. Really loud. I bet 105-108db would be my guess. Now it sounds perfect. I would say 10-12 reduction for sure. It is night and day. I run flaps on them also. Can hear that blower whine now!

Best part is they are guaranteed. Run them and if you are not satisfied you are only out shipping cost.