WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

R.I.P Brian Fetherolf Of B&D Marine Performance...

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Wow...always super nice and super cool the few times I was around him. I know he was close to some people I call friends. RiP....condolences to all family and friends. I'm sure he will be missed.

Hammer

Reaction score
Snagged a few pics of our friend from FB.
IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
RIP, my thoughts and prayers will be with the family.

joecfd1

Reaction score
I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Brian in excess of 40 years… We both got our start at Alpha Marine back in the 80’s… We hung out a few weeks back at 3 Dunes and in his words “ Live like you were dying “. He was definitely one of the good ones! Until we meet again, Via Con Dios, Mi Amigo!!! Love you Brother!

Last edited:

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I just heard about this and I have no words. Brian was always there for me and willing to lend an ear. Such a good man. May the good Lord bless him and his family. I'm so bummed out right now. Thank you Brian for your friendship.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
8 years ago I came out to Havasu to hang for memorial weekend. I went out to Steamboat with Dave and Stacy and my girlfriend in Dave's Schiada and we tied up with some other boats. RD asked me if I wanted to go on a fast ride. Of course I did, so Dave introduces me to this guy and his son tied up next to us in this 28 Daytona. Ever since I bought my first boat (the infamous Pink Taco) I had dreamt of owning a Daytona, so getting a chance to ride in one was a bucket list item. The guy and his son were, of course, Brian and Dane Fetherolf of B&D Marine. I got my first 100 mph boat ride that day and gained two awesome friends. Since then I've been up and down the lake in that Daytona more times than I can count and consider Brian and Dane family.
Watching someone you're close to battle cancer is, at the same time, horrible and awe-inspiring. Seeing how Brian faced his illness was one of the most impressive things I've witnessed. He never complained and never backed down. He fought for his life so that he could hold on to every available minute to spend with his family and especially his grandkids. I don't think I ever had a conversation with Brian when he didn't mention his family. They were everything to him.
I was humbled to be invited to join the family and a few other friends at Brian's daughter's house last week to spend some time with Brian. Goodbyes are never easy and even harder under circumstances like these. One of the last things Brian said to me before I left was, "I'm not done fighting." I'll never forget it. What an amazing human. Thank you, Brian for the friendship, the example, and the inspiration.

"I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7

Rest easy my friend. Till we meet again.

Brian-016.jpg

parker-enduro-2019-tom-leigh-2506-Edit.jpg

1546176_10202306158449332_648889553_n.jpg

Brian-001-2.jpg

Brian-002.jpg

IMG_1893.JPG

Brian-001.jpg

Brian-003.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Damn, this breaks my heart🥺🥺. He gave it all he had and certainly was a pancreatic cancer statistical miracle for 3+ years. It will be easy for me to remember this event annually and another person to think of on my birthdate.
Thank you Brian for all the memories.
20180827_202341.jpg

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Teribble news, to hear. I always enjoyed speaking with him and putting together a plan for whatever boat project I had over the past 20 years and am fortunate to have one of his engines in the current boat. What a fighter, he will be missed. RIP

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Not what I expected to read on here this evening. RIP Brian.......... Unreal

gqchris

Reaction score
I lost my Dad to pancreatic 3 years ago…… My dad and Brian were diagnosed a month apart.

Lost my Mom 14 years ago to it also.

RIP Brian. Loved seeing you drop the hammers on boats cruising down river. You are now able to rest and free from pain.

Every pic and video of him running his boat he had the “cheek flap”! There was never a slow moment, he ran it hard and thank you for taking me along for the ride sir!

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’ve known Brian a long time.. I was very happy for him when he moved to Havasu and enjoyed bumping into him all the time around town..

I am still in disbelief as I thought he was getting better for awhile there. As others have said he was an incredibly talented man and the word brave just isn’t a big enough word to describe him. Great friend and great family..

I feel fortunate for knowing him and spending time with him.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Wow...Not what I needed to Read This morning...Brian Was a Great Guy...Spent many adventures with him and A Lot of RDP Family members at several different functions.
He Will be Missed by Many....RIP

Kevin Schulte

Reaction score
I met Brian 25 some years ago, he was referred to me by Paul Phaff. I thought it was odd that Phaff was referring me to another boat mechanic? After meeting I understood why, Brian was the full circle, engines, drives and rigging. He would let me work with him on my boat on Saturdays and he was a wealth of information with me. He always would explain "If you change this, then it will effect that" He really understood all aspects of boats and he taught me allot.
We quickly became good friends and went to allot of Poker Runs together. We had some of the best laughs and "I can't believe that just happened?" moments at SCOPE Poker runs. One of my fondest memories is racing the Catalina Rum Run together in my Top Gun. When I moved to Florida we lost touch but I always stayed in the loop of what was happening in his life through Dane and Nicole. Kelly and I wish our warmest sympathies to Nicole, Danielle, Dane, Rob, Evan and the grandkids.

Attachments

• 20080720-DSC04907.jpg
    20080720-DSC04907.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 167

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sad news. My condolences to the family. RIP sir.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I do not have Dane's contact and not sure if he reads rdp but last year I brought a momento to Brian that I'd snagged up....which was a sign on the Nautical property for Danes wedding. It was something Brian was excited to have. Found it still stuck in the ground near the boatramp area a week after the wedding.
20191102_191004.jpg

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Sounds like a stand up guy.

rrrr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear Brian has passed.

SHEP

Reaction score
The world lost a good one over the weekend and our boating community lost a legend. He gave cancer a hell of a fight to say the least. Honored and blessed to have known him. My heart and love goes out to Nicole, Danielle and Dane. (Their families/kids also). I’ll raise a several glasses in his honor every summer while on the boat. Just heartbreaking.

rivergames

Reaction score
Brian was one great guy. Years back, I was royally FUCKED by a P.O.S. Marine Shop that I won't mention names. It was the only marine shop that has F'd me in all these years. I paid to have my 20' Schiada wired. 1/2 of the shit wasn't wired correctly and didn't work.

Anyways, I then brought the Schiada over to Brian when B&D was still here in SoCal. Brian went above and beyond and re-wired the whole hack job from the other marine shop. I was really happy with Brians work and great customer service.

Rest Easy Buddy. See you down the road

Jay Dub

Reaction score
RIP Brian. He used to take care of our old boat when his shop was in El Monte. Even though it was just a regular "production" boat he treated us no different. Fuck cancer!

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I'd only met him once or twice, but we exchanged some text's over the years. He put up one heck of a fight, was an mechanical genius, and loved his family. I know he will be missed my many. My heartfelt condolences to his family. 😥

AEA

Reaction score
Rest In Peace, a HIGH QUALITY MAN!!

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
RIP...didn't know him but knew of him. Reading all of these memories I feel like I know him now. If we can all be remembered the way that Brian is...I would say that we have succeeded as human beings in this life.

God Bless his family.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Brian, Danny and Carl. Three close friends that I’ve lost here. I guess if you stick around long enough and live long enough you’re bound to lose some buddies. Hopefully they’re somewhere enjoying a cold one and some laughs. [emoji1634]

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Brian, Danny and Carl. Three close friends that I’ve lost here. I guess if you stick around long enough and live long enough you’re bound to lose some buddies. Hopefully they’re somewhere enjoying a cold one and some laughs. [emoji1634]

Well Said; Paul ................Im sure Im in the Stand In Line Your Up Next Crowd

Maestro

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of working for Brian briefly before he closed his El Monte location. I am truly blessed to had the opportunity. A true legend has left our community...
Condolences to the family and friends in his circle...

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

Crazy to look back. About a month before Dwight passed we were sitting on my deck having drinks and watching the sunset. Dwight leaned over and said to me. “You know what Billdo….the longer you live the more friends you HAD” we sat there watching my kids and his grandkids play on the swims steps of the schists. He pointed at the kids and told me that this was what it’s all about and longed at the kids…..a month later o got the phone call from RD his das had passed.

Have had to experience a few more losses since then Bobby, Danny, Carl, Brian, my Dad….. and every tine I lose someone, I think of that day with Dwight.

baddogy

Reaction score
Sorry new to this forum brian was my builder.for years and was looking for him 3 or 4 years ago but could not find him .I worked with his ex wife for many years and would like to reach out to the family and give my condolences.he was a great man. My son passed away in 2021 of cancer as well. If you could I would love to talk to Michelle

Rip Brian your the best

JFMFG

Reaction score
Sorry new to this forum brian was my builder.for years and was looking for him 3 or 4 years ago but could not find him .I worked with his ex wife for many years and would like to reach out to the family and give my condolences.he was a great man. My son passed away in 2021 of cancer as well. If you could I would love to talk to Michelle

Rip Brian your the best
May have a good shot at getting a hold of D1Performance I believe it’s his son who runs that shop?

Last edited: