WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Race ski bindings

81eliminator

Reaction score
Where can I get replacement rubber for these ?
DSCN6272.JPG

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Where can I get replacement rubber for these ? View attachment 758514

Yours don't look bad, are there cracks I am not seeing. The clips would indicate they are Bemis bindings, and of course Mike is no longer with us. I am pretty sure he glued the foam to the rubber himself for those.

The DC rubber may work. I had given some thought about starting to rebuild race bindings for others, but it's not a particularly easy task, and I seem to stay sort of "too busy" with engines.

You could just buy some sheet rubber and use your old pieces as patterns. It needs to be pretty strong stuff so your feet don't move around if you are actually going to be racing, recreational bindings won't get the job done at higher speeds.

81eliminator

Reaction score
Thanks, the bindings are very hard, not really cracked. Not going to be racing, just recreational.
DC replied that I should be able to find it in the US.
Any leads on where to buy the rubber?

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Thanks, the bindings are very hard, not really cracked. Not going to be racing, just recreational.

One of my friends mentioned someplace in Phoenix, I never followed up. Industrial places like WW Graingers have stuff, but not sure without looking at it in person how stiff the stuff is.

If your speed is going to be below 50 mph or so, recreational bindings will work. I don't like the lace up style, I have to make them so tight to keep my feet from moving that I figure I would never come out of them, so for the past several years I have been using Connelly Stoker bindings. Check Overton's, they have been running some 25% off sale on everything they sell.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
By the way,, what do those feel like if you set them in the sun for a bit?

fennaz

Reaction score
If you’re in the Phoenix area, try Southwest Rubber—602-288-7063. They made me some new rubber straps for my race ski bindings about two years ago. I took my old rubber in and they used them as templates and drilled all the screw holes in the new rubber. Easy to install.