WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Raced a local desert race yesterday, Cinco de Baja

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Yesterday we got the truck out of hibernation and raced a local 150 mile race. I forgot how much fun/different the small grassroots races are compared to the big races.

This was a pretty small deal. 5 trucks, 15 or so UTV’s, few bikes, one Class 1, and a few class 10’s. ~18 miles laps.

My wife co-drove the whole race except the last lap. I have a buddy that races sprint cars and I wanted to introduce him to right hand turns and unknown terrain.

We ended up running hard all afternoon. Broke one upper link bolt but I had a spare. Unfortunately, a couple miles from the finish in 2nd place, broke the output yoke on the trans. This truck is “old faithful”. It’s a super simple build. Lots of stock ranger parts, on the cheap build. Through all the class 10’s, 7200’s, etc we’ve raced, this thing is always there when the others are in pieces on the shop floor. It may not be the fastest, but I always have a blast driving it!

My cousin is the media guy for a local church. He came out and made a short video for us. He did the video and editing all at the track and had it done quick!

IMG_8382.JPG
IMG_4851.JPG
IMG_4850.JPG

Jeff

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Very cool.

Buddy of mine that raced SCORE for the last 25 Years, has started doing the MOORE races. Cheap, short loops, it as many cars, but still a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Very cool.

Buddy of mine that raced SCORE for the last 25 Years, has started doing the MOORE races. Cheap, short loops, it as many cars, but still a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine actually started racing MORE recently as well. I think that’s the route I’m heading down too.

I had a blast with my wife co driving, and these shorter races are more conducive to that.

playdeep

Reaction score
His name is Spencer Hill. He was driving for Bobby Seals, but recently started doing his own thing.

He ran Bobby's winged 305...
Watched him race many timez,guy was awesome in a mini~Sprint.
What's he gonna drive now?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is bad ass!! Love the video as well!

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
He ran Bobby's winged 305...
Watched him race many timez,guy was awesome in a mini~Sprint.
What's he gonna drive now?
That's him! His dad, Charley, is a good friend of mine. They re-focused their attention on the mini again. Do you know Bobby? My dad actually grew up with him and was into that whole scene back in the Buddy Taylor days....

Last edited:

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
That is bad ass!! Love the video as well!

Thanks! He has a few DJI's and stuff that he took drove footage with. Ive been trying to get him to go to the lake with me to take some cool butte/boat footage. Maybe this summer I can get him to go.

playdeep

Reaction score
That's him! His dad, Charley, is a good friend of mine. They weren't having great luck in sprints, so they re-focused their attention on the mini again. Do you know Bobby? My dad actually grew up with him and was into that whole scene back in the Buddy Taylor days....

I've known Bobby for over 40 years.
We were a couple of long haired/snot nosed kids who were into racing.
No disrepect,but it did seem like Spencer struggled with a wing 305.I dunno,maybe he&Bobby just never clicked.He was almost unbeatable in a mini.
Glad he's still gonna race.
I grew up at Speedway Park and watched Buddy Taylor for years.He was my favorite Sprint car&midget driver growing up.

Who's your dad...?

Cdog

Reaction score
5C84C56B-B41E-4EEF-BC28-13DAC5A9CBD7.jpeg
82C9FACE-62C8-4E25-938E-FA6E46DB2C5D.jpeg
7F50F805-36DD-4EE4-B6B4-CD516CA803ED.jpeg
That’s awesome! I did the same over the weekend & raced my Spec Racer Ford at a local race instead of the SCCA race in Fontana. I’m racing Cota /Austin TX F1 track in 2.5 weeks so it was fun to dust off my gear and kick some ass close to home.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I've known Bobby for over 40 years.
We were a couple of long haired/snot nosed kids who were into racing.
No disrepect,but it did seem like Spencer struggled with a wing 305.I dunno,maybe he&Bobby just never clicked.He was almost unbeatable in a mini.
Glad he's still gonna race.
I grew up at Speedway Park and watched Buddy Taylor for years.He was my favorite Sprint car&midget driver growing up.

Who's your dad...?

Oh cool! Whats your name? Are you in alb? My dad is Pete Argo. His cousins raced back in the day too, John Ports, Gene Birrell, etc. I grew up with Bobby's daughters somewhat, and his wife is my kids kindergarten teacher. I also work with his brother, Kelly. Ive never been much into dirt track racing until I started working with Charley about 10 yrs ago, when Spencer was still in go carts out at Caplin. Then I got into it when he was driving at the Ron Sutton school of drivers, then when he was in Truman West's car.

playdeep

Reaction score
Oh cool! Whats your name? Are you in alb? My dad is Pete Argo. His cousins raced back in the day too, John Ports, Gene Birrell, etc. I grew up with Bobby's daughters somewhat, and his wife is my kids kindergarten teacher. I also work with his brother, Kelly. Ive never been much into dirt track racing until I started working with Charley about 10 yrs ago, when Spencer was still in go carts out at Caplin. Then I got into it when he was driving at the Ron Sutton school of drivers, then when he was in Truman West's car.

Wow...small world.Been a long time since I've heard those names.
I live in Albuquerque,used to drag my Eliminator down to the Butte back in the glory day's of the 80's.
I've run a dirt modified@Sandia &throughout the southwest for over a decade.
Think I'm done...Into vintage Sprint cars now.
My name's Mychal Lucero.
Bobby's daughter Katie is following in his footsteps...that's pretty cool.
Hope Spencer does well,he's always been a gasser&good guy.