WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rack Storage at its finest!!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Thank you for the insight @Tank. You are correct I don’t know how it’s packaged monthly, but I do know what storage costs are, what land costs are and the cost to build that one off facility with the staff and infrastructure needed is hefty.

As you said, and I completely agree, it’s gonna be for those with $500k+ boats. It will work for a for a few dozen people, that has always been my contention. I still don’t think we will see it at scale anytime this decade.
Thats not true

Emerald Point on Lake Travis for example, most boats in their drystack are sub $150k and a lot of them even sub $75k which is pretty much your average newer boat these days. Last I checked monthly fees were about $500 with unlimited launch and retrieval.

I think in Havasu it would work great attached to a waterfront condo/timeshare complex like the Nautical. Or even as a supplement to the marina. The key is in the operation of the place as Tank said. It needs to be a well oiled machine. It would have to be in place close to town because it is all about convenience.

DWC

Reaction score
A concierge service i would consider. Not using one. Actually being that guy to get you dialed in for the day. Sounds like a great part time retirement job.
Water, garage, shop, havasu, powell, newport, mead.
Give me a gas card and credit card. I will bill you by the hour...oncall service as well.

Like a boat bitch uber grub hub service
Billy B’s had the option when we kept it there. Always thought it would be cool but never pulled the trigger.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thats not true

Emerald Point on Lake Travis for example, most boats in their drystack are sub $150k and a lot of them even sub $75k which is pretty much your average newer boat these days. Last I checked monthly fees were about $500 with unlimited launch and retrieval.

I think in Havasu it would work great attached to a waterfront condo/timeshare complex like the Nautical. Or even as a supplement to the marina. The key is in the operation of the place as Tank said. It needs to be a well oiled machine. It would have to be in place close to town because it is all about convenience.
I’m taking Havasu, not anywhere else.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I’m taking Havasu, not anywhere else.

Lake Travis is a smaller lake than Havasu.

Forget the massive power boats for a second. I believe there is a true demand out there for something similar to what is out here <30ft pleasureboats which would would include all your runabouts, wakeboats, fishing boats, smaller custom boats which are a lot more numerous, etc. A moderate sized building can house about 3-400 boats. For the weekend warriors who don't like towing back and forth and who would ordinarily store their boat out there anyway, its perfect and wouldn't be much more expensive than the storage they're already paying for with a whole lot of extra convenience.

riverroyal

Reaction score
find a empty large building. Like the Kmart, or at the mall, or the old hastings and leave them on the trailer. Pack them in. Pull them out for pick up or do the full concierge service. Why build a building and rack, use whats already there.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
find a empty large building. Like the Kmart, or at the mall, or the old hastings and leave them on the trailer. Pack them in. Pull them out for pick up or do the full concierge service. Why build a building and rack, use whats already there.

The difference is the 5 minutes it takes to launch/retrieve a boat vs 30 or more. Almost totally eliminates the challenges of a backlog when talking about an offsite storage facility. Ive watched these guys retrieve and rack as many as 30 boats inside of an hour with only 2 forklifts.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Lake Travis is a smaller lake than Havasu.

Forget the massive power boats for a second. I believe there is a true demand out there for something similar to what is out here <30ft pleasureboats which would would include all your runabouts, wakeboats, fishing boats, smaller custom boats which are a lot more numerous, etc. A moderate sized building can house about 3-400 boats. For the weekend warriors who don't like towing back and forth and who would ordinarily store their boat out there anyway, its perfect and wouldn't be much more expensive than the storage they're already paying for with a whole lot of extra convenience.

But it will be significantly more expensive than storage unit options in town. It is $250-$350/month for a traditional 30-35’ unit. The cost to build will be higher, and they are providing a premium service, so the price will be higher. Then you still have the trailer storage problem. You aren’t going to get any takers of that sub 30’ size boat that store it at their home for $0 either.

I enjoy this debate, but we will never be around to see the final result anyway :).

Finally, add in the Havasu Factor. The marina itself is over 3 years late, we know that the rack storage is the lowest priority, and we are likely headed for some economic turmoil.... so probably not in this decade.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yep. Same valet service, with low low overhead (relatively speaking). They can use the Hastings building when Speed UTV goes under. :)

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
But it will be significantly more expensive than storage unit options in town. It is $250-$350/month for a traditional 30-35’ unit. The cost to build will be higher, and they are providing a premium service, so the price will be higher. Then you still have the trailer storage problem. You aren’t going to get any takers of that sub 30’ size boat that store it at their home for $0 either.

I enjoy this debate, but we will never be around to see the final result anyway :).

Finally, add in the Havasu Factor. The marina itself is over 3 years late, we know that the rack storage is the lowest priority, and we are likely headed for some economic turmoil.... so probably not in this decade.

I think the havasu factor is the only challenge that has to be overcome. Shit the Indians could even build one in their parking lot over at the Springs by the restaurant and it would work. They already have the infrastructure there to support it. Of course, that would be catering to their land leasees and not neccesarily the heart of havasu

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I think the havasu factor is the only challenge that has to be overcome. Shot the Indians could even build one in their parking lot over at the Springs by the restaurant and it would work. They already have the infrastructure there to support it. Of course, that would be catering to their land leasees and not neccesarily the heart of havasu

Be Careful, Very Careful going into ANY Business Deal with "Native Americans"

Tank

Reaction score

I enjoy discussing the ups and downs (so to speak) of a project like this too. That's why I always tag you in these threads LOL I think you have some valid points and concerns and those will be struggles to work through. But I also think in the end AS LONG AS ITS RUN PROPERLY, it will be a success.

And I totally agree...I'm not holding my breath to see this building go up. It's gonna be years. I think 2023, 2024 as stated earlier is way optimistic as it is.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I enjoy discussing the ups and downs (so to speak) of a project like this too. That's why I always tag you in these threads LOL I think you have some valid points and concerns and those will be struggles to work through. But I also think in the end AS LONG AS ITS RUN PROPERLY, it will be a success.

And I totally agree...I'm not holding my breath to see this building go up. It's gonna be years. I think 2023, 2024 as stated earlier is way optimistic as it is.

Always good discussions with you @Tank.

It will be interesting if this Riviera project changes the “Havasu Factor” over time.

Tank

Reaction score
Always good discussions with you @Tank.

It will be interesting if this Riviera project changes the “Havasu Factor” over time.
I'm really torn about that whole project frankly. One side of me digs new big projects and think this one is super cool with great vision (marina, launch ramp, restaurant, various styles of homes, lake view, rack storage). Other side of me hates that it's going to bring way more people, more congestion and grows up "little" havasu even more that it's already been over the past 10 years. I wish it would stay how it was in the late 90's early 2000's. Seemed the perfect size and feel. Again, I like all the things that comes with being more popular, which breaks down to more choices (to eat, get gas, shop, etc) but I miss the small town feel. You sit in Windsor Bay and look at the city and it's just amazing how much it's grown in the past ten years. Kind've a bummer but kind've cool. I'm just afraid the Riviera project when 100% complete is going to noticeably and drastically change havasu and not just for the better.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Boat detailed, fueled iced down and beer and food stocked, sitting at the dock ready to go when you walk up. The program works. People love it. It's gonna be HUGE in Havasu. ;) :) 👍
But what if you get out on the water only to find they stocked your boat with Coors lite? Have you thought this all the way through?

riverroyal

Reaction score
But what if you get out on the water only to find they stocked your boat with Coors lite? Have you thought this all the way through?
No worries my concierge van will be pack full of all kinds of booze snack and hookers from vegas. The hookers will deliver right to the boat
The actual biz plan is to stock the boat wrong....then get the call and upsell with bikini delivery.
We wont deliver drugs, but we will have some numbers to give out to get some side action tax free cash as the middle man.
Some of these working girls will be recovering addicts with captain licenses also.

Rondog4405

Reaction score

Attachments

• a48131e09f4f58eabe602e3dc0cad82d.jpg
    a48131e09f4f58eabe602e3dc0cad82d.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 8