WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Radar detector in AZ

OGCroz

Reaction score
OK so I was traveling from California to Scottsdale of course on the 10 east. I have a Valentine1 Radar detector. I saw at least 5 Arizona Highway Patrol cars. My detector never went off? Does anyone know if they changed frequencies? I make this trip every year and it has always alerted me before. Thanks for your input.

another1sl

Reaction score
OK so I was traveling from California to Scottsdale of course on the 10 east. I have a Valentine1 Radar detector. I saw at least 5 Arizona Highway Patrol cars. My detector never went off? Does anyone know if they changed frequencies? I make this trip every year and it has always alerted me before. Thanks for your input.

have the same one, works fine. They usually don't turn on the radar till they see obvious speeder, trying to not give away they are there.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Sounds like they are flipping the switch.

Last ticket I got was instant on. (probably 2-3 years ago, Belltronics)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Instant on = less testicular cancer

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Valentine 1 - some of them are using lidar and if you get hit with this it is over. The V1 saves a bunch of tickets if you are doing this drive regularly though.

dezertrider

Reaction score
I love the fact that CHP leaves there radars on all the time, Same with Parker Police. I hear them coming long before I see them

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I rarely use my radar detector any more...I use the Waze app every time I get in my car!

JM21

Reaction score
I rarely use my radar detector any more...I use the Waze app every time I get in my car!

I have friends that swear by WAZE. Has it ever truly saved you from a ticket? I get annoyed by it after a while "car stopped on shoulder ahead"...ok ok.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I have friends that swear by WAZE. Has it ever truly saved you from a ticket? I get annoyed by it after a while "car stopped on shoulder ahead"...ok ok.

I think so, whenever I see police in the area, I slow it down a bit, especially on the way to the river. Different than a radar detector for sure but it works.

I use it to drive to and from work every day too, just to keep me from getting stuck behind an accident on my normal route. It has saved me quite a few times.

JM21

Reaction score
I think so, whenever I see police in the area, I slow it down a bit, especially on the way to the river. Different than a radar detector for sure but it works.

I use it to drive to and from work every day too, just to keep me from getting stuck behind an accident on my normal route. It has saved me quite a few times.

Thanks. I will set it up on my next trip out and see how it is. I know they have changed it quite a bit since last time I used it.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
On the AZ side of the I-10 I set my cruise at 81-82 and don't even slow down when I see a DPS car on the side of the road... never been bothered by them at 6 over. How much faster do people really go? I just stay to the right and let the 95 mph guys go on their way...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have a v1 but don't even use it anymore. I set cruise at 81 and just forget about worrying. Driven past the chp radar set ups in the 40 at 81 and they don't care.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
close to the speed limits (with traffic) and in the second lane ................

Even a RED car is invisible in a herd .

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a police officer told me once they usually look for people going 10/11 miles per hour over the limit and up.

Since then, especially on long trips, I set my cruise control at 9 over and forget about it for the most part. If the Waze app notes police ahead, I will ease it back to 5 over.

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
I have a v1 but don't even use it anymore. I set cruise at 81 and just forget about worrying. Driven past the chp radar set ups in the 40 at 81 and they don't care.

Wanna sell it?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Same here.

On the drive from SFV to Needles, they are pretty damn predictable though. Theres one spot on the 15 near barstow, one spot on the 40 as your descend the first crest when going thru the mountians, and one spot as you descend the final grade into Needles. Pretty much every trip

Blubyu

Reaction score

have the same one, works fine. They usually don't turn on the radar till they see obvious speeder, trying to not give away they are there.

Valentine 1 - some of them are using lidar and if you get hit with this it is over. The V1 saves a bunch of tickets if you are doing this drive regularly though.

The new radars are pretty sweet... the don't send out the signal for radar detractors to pick it up until the trigger is pulled. By then its to late and I already have your speed locked in.

If we're running lidar forget about it you'll never know. #happyspeeding #copssux

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
The new radars are pretty sweet... the don't send out the signal for radar detractors to pick it up until the trigger is pulled. By then its to late and I already have your speed locked in.

If we're running lidar forget about it you'll never know. #happyspeeding #copssux
I go with if you do that on the cars in front of me I will see it. On rice road I see them out 5+ miles

2Driver

Reaction score
Inset it at 7 over and enjoy the ride

satellitemike

Reaction score
Just drove home from the river today, radar detector never went off and I saw three CHP, WTF?