WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Railroad Flagman

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Anyone have a contact for hiring flagman for railroad work in LA County. This is for work immediately adjacent to the track. Railroad Companies have always supplied them inthe past but are now asking the consultants to supply.

satellitemike

Reaction score
If its for metrolink, violia and jl Patterson are the two companies that do flagging.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Anyone have a contact for hiring flagman for railroad work in LA County. This is for work immediately adjacent to the track. Railroad Companies have always supplied them inthe past but are now asking the consultants to supply.

I think "Stokerwhore" on here has direct knowledge and experience of this, I sent him the link so he may contact you.

mobldj

Reaction score
just go buy your own portable derailer and blue flag,how hard is that.

mobldj

Reaction score
and lock the switch away from you.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
If its for metrolink, violia and jl Patterson are the two companies that do flagging.

these two or maybe L&B Electric (I dont have their number at hand), they do mostly flagging. Im qualified until December but I think since I've been off metro-link property for over a month I might not be on dispatch's contact list any more. that (edit*) and
im working lol.

Last edited:

UltraLucky

Reaction score

I think "Stokerwhore" on here has direct knowledge and experience of this, I sent him the link so he may contact you.

Thanks for the leads, not sure whose track yet BNSF, Metro, could be both.

these two or maybe L&B Electric (I dont have their number at hand), they do mostly flagging. Im qualified until December but I think since I've been off metro-link property for over a month I might not be on dispatch's contact list any more. that im working lol.

Do you do this on a contract basis?

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
No. But knowing what sub division your working on will help. If you give me an address or location i can see what sub it is

CornWater

Hey Now!!!
Reaction score
Odd, I didn't know anyone but the railroad could provide, they always have on our jobs... Contractor still gets to go through erail safe as an added bonus.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
yes if your on metro-link property you at minimum have to be "roadway worker" qualified. one day class. now that I think about it I might know I guy or 2 qualitfied on a subdivision or 2 in L.A. as an "E.I.C" (employee in charge{of safety} ) which is what the flag man is commonly refered to as. J L Patterson offers these classes I believe. that's where I went on the company that I worked for's dime.

Chopperman

Reaction score
My brother is a track supervisor for BNSF, he might be able to scrounge up a flagman or two. I could ask him if you want.