WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rain Rain Rain in Havasu

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Was actually going to ask if there has been any rain in the last few weeks.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Tucson is getting all the monsoons. Good light show last night.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Maybe all the cloud seeding from last year to get us out of the drought used up all the moisture ?

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Looks like we are going to get hit again.

2DF0F23A-7485-43D7-ACAB-A71B6EB8CD12.jpeg

USMC2010

Reaction score
There is nothing in or around Havasu that needs to grow. I'm good with the dry seasons.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
From today's Kingman paper...............

KINGMAN – Monsoon season got off to a slow start this year, but according to the National Weather Service, there’s a chance for precipitation and thunderstorms come September.

The monsoon season in the area typically runs from mid-June to early- to mid-September. The season comes with increased thunderstorm activity and moisture, said Kate Guillet, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service Las Vegas.

“We had a cool, wet spring and a lot of times when that happens we’ll have a delay with the beginning of monsoons,” she said.

The majority, around 1.1 inches, of Kingman’s July rainfall total of 1.33 inches came with a single storm July 31. This year’s monsoon season has resulted in about 1.62 inches of rain, which Guillet said is actually more than Kingman usually receives. It’s important to note that the National Weather Service takes its measurements at the Kingman Airport.

And according to Guillet, outlooks from the Climate Prediction Center show an equal chance for normal, above normal and below normal precipitation totals in September.

“The next seven days look pretty dry,” she said. “But there is a chance in September that we could see some additional rainfall.”

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Always nice to get off the water and back to the pad chillin with a beer watchin the show. Had some nice ones last summer..

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Yeah the whole summer got a late start this year, wouldn’t be surprised if we have warm weather thru November. IMO - Good chance of a few gully washers the next 6 weeks!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Tucson is getting all the monsoons. Good light show last night.
Yeah, I've been loving these monsoons. Besides the cooling effect they have, the light show they produce and the amount of rain they can drop is super impressive.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Cdog

Reaction score
I’d bet the monsoon season skips us in AZ this year. It hasn’t been hot enough.

Some people are pointing to the last time this happened and saying we might have a really wet September.

We will see.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Can't recall any tropical systems moving up the Baja peninsula this year. Typically they generate cells to the north which become our monsoonal storms. As long as everything is off the water and tied down, I really enjoying watching them roll through.

2Driver

Reaction score
People will plunge into darkness tonight as the sun is expected to dip below the horizon starting in the east then moving west, 300 million effected....
.....NBC Miguel Almaguer reporting

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
There is nothing in or around Havasu that needs to grow. I'm good with the dry seasons.
Ya but it's nice to have the dust knocked off everything outside.
People will plunge into darkness tonight as the sun is expected to dip below the horizon starting in the east then moving west, 300 million effected....
.....NBC Miguel Almaguer reporting
Huh??? WTF does that mean???

TCHB

Reaction score
Love the smell of rain in Havasu. No rain this week. I think the last day of rain was around mid April!

Pelon

Reaction score
And according to Guillet, outlooks from the Climate Prediction Center show an equal chance for normal, above normal and below normal precipitation totals in September.
.”

That's one hell of a prediction right there! :D