WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Raised SHIADA

NASCAR GARY

Reaction score
My sister and I are looking for our Dads family Shiada. My sister has already posted on here and told me to do the same. My dad bought a 1972, 21ft bare hull from Leonard Shiada. My dad brought that hull home and completed everything else in the boat with the help of a little 10 year old boy...me(if you count handing wrenches and holding parts in place while my dad installed them helping? ) Would appreciate any help locating our old family boat. Thank you!

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Any pix? colors? engine size?
where was it sold? when?

uhhhhh.........

NASCAR GARY

Reaction score
where was it sold? when?

uhhhhh.........
It had 454 Chevy 2 bolt main, Casale V- Drive, Borg- Warner trans, cavitation plates. It was white with magenta (purple) stripes, a hand made Teak swimstep, left side steering wheel, 2 fuel tanks under both sides of front/ 2nd row seats. It had an Italian flag sticker, about 6" by 6" on the front center of front of boat.It had a Bimini sun t
where was it sold? when?

uhhhhh.........

NASCAR GARY

Reaction score
It had 454 Chevy 2 bolt main, Casale V- Drive, Borg- Warner trans, cavitation plates. It was white with magenta (purple) stripes, a hand made Teak swimstep, left side steering wheel, 2 fuel tanks under both sides of front/ 2nd row seats. It had an Italian flag sticker, about 6" by 6" on the front center of front of boat.It had a Bimini sun t

NASCAR GARY

Reaction score
To add more my dad lives and sold the boat from Torrance, Ca. to a guy in San Diego in the mid 1990's. We heard the boat was repainted with the name Fighting Poodle on each side, was used on Lake Mead for about 10 - 12 years and then sold again. We believe this hull (boat) maybe #101 of #101 Thank you again!

NASCAR GARY

Reaction score
To add more my dad lives and sold the boat from Torrance, Ca. to a guy in San Diego in the mid 1990's. We heard the boat was repainted with the name Fighting Poodle on each side, was used on Lake Mead for about 10 - 12 years and then sold again. We believe this hull (boat) maybe #101 of #101 Thank you again!

Reaction score
where was it sold? when?

uhhhhh.........
Hi Spudsbud. This is NASCAR Gary’s sister. We’re getting our picture slides (it was the 70’s!) converted to digital. Will have pics to post in a day or two. Thank you!

cpdad93

Reaction score
Will dmv release owner information?
they will in certain instances. You may have to request it in writing. You have some direct ownership in the past so I think you have a good shot. This titleless boat I bought, I requested info from Calif, and they did give me info on the trailer as it was in the system, but nothing on the boat as it had been purged. I had basic info like old registration numbers etc. I would bet there is a release of liability with your family name on it, that I believe would be a good starting boat. Once you have a name you have info at your disposal. I got lucky on my Raysoncraft. I found a receipt with a name on it, think it was Harold Glenn, googled the name, found a southern california matching name and phone online, called him up, he turned out to be the original purchaser of my boat.