WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Raising boys

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Pretty sure everyone knows I have 3 boys. A couple months back we took some family pictures and my phone made a little video clip. I posted it yesterday, and everyone was saying how cute my boys are, and we have such the perfect family šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ my apprentices tell me that all the time. You have the perfect life and one day weā€™ll be there too. Well, in todayā€™s episode of perfect life, I busted my 4 year old pissing in the cat litter box. Upon further review heā€™s been doing it for a while. I lost my temper bad but luckily for all of us my wife is more level headed. She told me to hop in the shower and sheā€™ll deal with it before I was able to act on my anger. Now that Iā€™ve calmed down a bit, what am I supposed to say to the kid? Honestly Iā€™m more mad that heā€™s lying and saying it wasnā€™t him, when I watched him do it. I am glad my wife was there because my first thought was to beat his little ass, but my wife knew what was coming so she stopped it. Now that Iā€™ve calmed down Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t get the Chance to act, but I canā€™t just ignore it. A few months back he was pissing in the corner in his bedroom. I thought we were passed this. Heā€™s the one with a Mohawk if thatā€™s not obvious šŸ˜‚

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Like i tell my wife when my boys do really stupid but usually hilarious things... They are boys, they are supposed to do stupid shit like that.

Regards to the lying about it, well that needs to be addressed but he is only 4. Just try to explain it to him in terms he would understand like "How would you feel if I took one of your toys and hid it, then told you I didn't know where it was and it was lost forever." At 4 he will start to understand these things a little bit, but not grasp the whole concept. I'm pretty sure you and your family will make it through this cat box incident.

My question is what kind of cat liter are you using and how did you not find this out before? šŸ˜‚

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Like i tell my wife when my boys do really stupid but usually hilarious things... They are boys, they are supposed to do stupid shit like that.

Regards to the lying about it, well that needs to be addressed but he is only 4. Just try to explain it to him in terms he would understand like "How would you feel if I took one of your toys and hid it, then told you I didn't know where it was and it was lost forever." At 4 he will start to understand these things a little bit, but not grasp the whole concept. I'm pretty sure you and your family will make it through this cat box incident.

My question is what kind of cat liter are you using and how did you not find this out before? šŸ˜‚
His response was , ā€œwell, Paul peeā€™s in there, so I thought I could too.ā€ I canā€™t even really be mad because in my tiny brain that actually makes a lot of sense. Not sure what the wife is es but Iā€™ll ask. The dumbest thing about it all is the cat goes outside. There is zero need for a litter box as Noah is the only one using it anyways šŸ˜‚

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Donā€™t dismiss any other underlying issues that might be going on. Think outside the box. Some kids give subtle hints. Donā€™t just dismiss it as he just being a kid either. Certainly donā€™t beat his ass for it.

Hell, maybe heā€™s just being a 4 YO. šŸ¤·šŸ¼

DLC

Reaction score
You just sit down and talk to him, let him know he disappoints you when he lies and you know he lies on different things, bring up trust with the lies
use examples like what T&Y suggested.

asking him why he canā€™t use the bathroom like normal people. Do you pea outside around the corner type of deal, if so maybe you need to set an example. If not where is he getting those habits from.

my buddies kid would stand in Frt of the toilet and piss in the shower, always smelled like piss in the bathroom weird.....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
You just sit down and talk to him, let him know he disappoints you when he lies and you know he lies on different things, bring up trust with the lies
use examples like what T&Y suggested.

asking him why he canā€™t use the bathroom like normal people. Do you pea outside around the corner type of deal, if so maybe you need to set an example. If not where is he getting those habits from.
Not from me. In norco our lots are long but thereā€™s isnā€™t much privacy. I donā€™t think thereā€™s anywhere in my back I could be without a chance of being caught by someone. Except in the car port area but I try to keep that area clean. He has been spending a lot of time with grandpa šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ maybe I need to ask the question.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
as a kid my dad would sit me down and have a talk that would take like 2 hrs..... I would sit there talk and think why canā€™t you just slap me around so Iā€™m done with it and move on type of deal....

but it turns out it would take forever because all I said was I donā€™t know when he asked me a question, so he had to draw out my answer...

looking back Iā€™m glad he didnā€™t just wack me Accross the head and move on

DLC

Reaction score
Youā€™ll get it figured out, your a good dad!

Joe mama

Reaction score
Shit, I still piss all over the place. My dad used a post hole digger and made a 3ā€™ deep hole on the side of the garage. When we were working/fucking around in the garage thatā€™s where everyone would piss. Same with oil changes on the VWā€™s, in the hole.

bilz

Newly Retired!šŸ˜
Reaction score
Whacking the kid never accomplished anything with my boys.
We were able to influence them with a disappointed look. Maybe he missed the bowl and has an easier time hitting the box.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Hey at least he contained it. I vividly remember picking up some odd looking and oddly located "dog" turds in our backyard around that age including one right on the mat in front of the slider door. He blamed the dog until we caught him in the act.

Last edited:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
My wife thought it would be cute to tell my son to go pee in the grass one day. Now we canā€™t get him to stop... at school. Maybe one of your other boys told him to do it? Maybe heā€™s scared of the toilet? Try a little potty or something and transition back to normal?

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Donā€™t dismiss any other underlying issues that might be going on. Think outside the box. Some kids give subtle hints. Donā€™t just dismiss it as he just being a kid either. Certainly donā€™t beat his ass for it.

Hell, maybe heā€™s just being a 4 YO. [emoji1743]
Don't be telling him to think outside the box. The kid just quit pissing outside the box.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
My wife thought it would be cute to tell my son to go pee in the grass one day. Now we canā€™t get him to stop... at school. Maybe one of your other boys told him to do it? Maybe heā€™s scared of the toilet? Try a little potty or something and transition back to normal?
Shit... now that you said that I think thatā€™s it and now im even more glad my wife didnā€™t let me get mad at him. Him and Eli have been watching this stupid 5 nights at freddys crap on YouTube. Now they are afraid of the dark and scared to go into rooms by themselves. He s probably afraid of the bathroom. Heā€™s not going to admit that to me though because I say thatā€™s why they arenā€™t allowed to watch that crap. Damn it. Im an asshole

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Shit... now that you said that I think thatā€™s it and now im even more glad my wife didnā€™t let me get mad at him. Him and Eli have been watching this stupid 5 nights at freddys crap on YouTube. Now they are afraid of the dark and scared to go into rooms by themselves. He s probably afraid of the bathroom. Heā€™s not going to admit that to me though because I say thatā€™s why they arenā€™t allowed to watch that crap. Damn it. Im an asshole

My daughter was afraid of the dark as well and so I did all of our light switches to Leviton Alexa supported so that she could turn on the light in the middle of the night by just saying ā€œAlexa turn on the bathroom light.ā€ It was fun for her to say (along with Alexa make a fart) and broke the ice of her being afraid of the dark.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Hell, maybe heā€™s just being a 4 YO. šŸ¤·šŸ¼
Yup I think youā€™re right. I think heā€™s afraid to go into the bathroom alone.

Actually I know he is. Last few days heā€™s asked me to go with him to Lee or to get shoes from his closet. Iā€™ve been so tired and busy I didnā€™t really think about it. Damn it. It bums me out that Iā€™m missing things like this. I guess I need to slow down again. Working 6 days a week takes its toll on me.and I know Iā€™m not that old but Iā€™m always so tired. Like sit on the couch and fall asleep tired.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
CEE4AF15-34B4-463F-8145-98A2BD59E6A4.jpeg
769FB480-14A3-4B8C-8F09-AA5042B9D158.jpeg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Both my boys had long hair too....It was hard to tell from his clothes in the other video/pics. šŸ¤˜
The little one is probably the roughest one. Heā€™s a little wrecking ball. We all catch heat about pee on the toilet seat from the wife šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Donā€™t you have a chancla laying around? [emoji38]
My mom retired the chancla. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚I donā€™t get it, she has a lot more patience with my boys than she did with me and my brothers. Sheā€™s good at telling me to go take a walk before I lose my temper too. Iā€™m lucky I have some really good women in my life.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
There is a book called Back Yard Ballistics, written for people raising boys. The phrase Boys will be Boys is a real thing and the problem we have is trying to make them behave all the time. My boys are 25 and 20 now and I am not saying I didn't get pissed because I did, but looking at this in the rearview mirror most of the stuff was small and it really doesn't amount to anything in the long run. Don't take this a allowing disrespectful little punks to run you around, they need a father and a leader, but think of the fun you will have telling this story in a few years... a four year old pissing in the cat little box that is gold!

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
My grand daughter took a dump in the litter box at about the same age. Funniest part was her Mom telling my Step-son that there was something seriously wrong with the cat! After the vet visit they caught her in the box šŸ’©šŸ’©

Telling a fib to keep Dad and Mom from not being disappointed is pretty normal for that age.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Yore not an asshole maybe they should stop watching dumb shit on the internet. I give little man a little credit for being resourceful and actually being smart enough to use the cat box

Last edited:

1tonfun

Reaction score
Just file this away in your memories so you can embarrass them with it in front of their boys one day. Had three boy's, wife is great at bringing up their antics when they were kids in front of their girl friends, wives, kids etc. It's especially funny now that we have 4 grand kids and our boys start bitching about what their kids are doing. Wife reminds them of their antics growing up and it always puts a smile back on their face.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Yup I think youā€™re right. I think heā€™s afraid to go into the bathroom alone.

Actually I know he is. Last few days heā€™s asked me to go with him to Lee or to get shoes from his closet. Iā€™ve been so tired and busy I didnā€™t really think about it. Damn it. It bums me out that Iā€™m missing things like this. I guess I need to slow down again. Working 6 days a week takes its toll on me.and I know Iā€™m not that old but Iā€™m always so tired. Like sit on the couch and fall asleep tired.

This... I took the weekend off this weekend. Did nothing but spend time with the kids. The behavior went from I'm gonna kill one of them to damn I have an awesome family. It's amazing what quality time does. I need to make more of it.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Youā€™ll have plenty to be angry about later.

Reactions: DLC

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
His response was , ā€œwell, Paul peeā€™s in there, so I thought I could too.ā€ I canā€™t even really be mad because in my tiny brain that actually makes a lot of sense. Not sure what the wife is es but Iā€™ll ask. The dumbest thing about it all is the cat goes outside. There is zero need for a litter box as Noah is the only one using it anyways šŸ˜‚
Sounds like a logical, sound reasoning kid to me!

My concern is WHY the cat needs a litter box?
Iā€™ve had countless cats. None had a litter box. They went outside.
I checked with a black light to make sure none were cheating too!

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Norco will be good for your kids. I grew up on Vine St. Take them hiking in the riverbed.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Pissing in the cat litter!?!?! Thatā€™s pretty funny!!! Lol.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Yes, it's hard to know from the pics. The little one is probably the roughest one.
He is by far the roughest one. The middle one had long hair too but they were making fun of him at school so he cut it.