WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ram 1500 TRX

mbrown2

Reaction score
Pricey..but pretty bad ass!....can't fathom 90K but I can't fathom 70K trucks... Nice to have choices to the Raptor now..

PaPaG

Reaction score
Very nice looking truck but just like the Raptor, spending almost 100k out the door for a loaded pickup truck is just ridiculous, well except for the ballers, this is pocket change... :) I would wait a few years and pick one up for 35-45k from a street queen/parking lot princess owners which most will end up as just like so many of the the Raptors are..

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
It’s a lot of cash. but if ya look at it as a bad ass 700hp hot rod with a warranty instead of just a truck, it starts to make a lot more sense.

EBT531

Reaction score
I'm not a dodge fan, but it looks like a badass idea. Curious how it holds up with launch control etc. on such a heavy vehicle. Would also like to see the raptor head to head. I know it'll smoke it on the drag strip, but true off-roading will be interesting.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Priced one out.... 90k for a pickup is some coin...Very cool though. Curious to see how it will do going head to head with the raptor. It's a full second faster to 60.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I own a Ram....with that said I only bought it because of the Cummins. I don't think I could pay that kind of money for a 1500 dodge product. They have that engine living while being treated harshly.

E4L

Reaction score
I’ll keep mine instead
IMG_2574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Detailed article on the T-Rex (TRX) here:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Capture1.PNG

That is quite a bit of scratch. Looks bad ass though and probably sounds way better than a Raptor.

Reactions: E4L

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The first Launch edition is close to 100k and i guarantee dealers will gouge you like they try and do with gladiators and the special edition hellcats.

Look for 125k rams shortly...lol

Raptors are expensive and well all wish they had a 550hp v8 but they hold there value. Dodge products typically don't (except wranglers) fair well when used so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I
want to see the offroad ability compared to a raptor.

Personally i don't think anyone needs a 700hp off road street truck but they will sell...lol

MK1MOD0

Reaction score

I watched a video from about a year ago with a Ford engineer talking about the Raptor. He stated that the Raptor was always envisioned as a two engined/ optioned truck. And stated the Shelby Cobra twin turbo engine fits in the truck nicely. That would be my guess for the new one. V6 TT, or v8 TT.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I watched a video from about a year ago with a Ford engineer talking about the Raptor. He stated that the Raptor was always envisioned as a two engined/ optioned truck. And stated the Shelby Cobra twin turbo engine fits in the truck nicely. That would be my guess for the new one. V6 TT, or v8 TT.

Agreed, but I think a supercharged V8 is more likely, since they already have one on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Agreed, but I think a supercharged V8 is more likely, since they already have one on the shelf.

That’s what I would have thought. But they a 700 HP Twin Turbo Coyote on display.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Man, that's a ton of coin for a truck. Out of my price range, but I can't wait to see them on the road.

Taboma

Reaction score
Nice looking, certainly impressive power numbers. I really like the HUD, towing is a bit less than the Raptor and I can't find any info on fuel capacity, I really like my 36 gallon tank in my Raptor. With that SC Hemi, I'm sure it's a thirsty bitch.
Similarly optioned to my Raptor I ended up at $ 89K, so only another $ 16K. :oops: The kid that still resides inside is digging the 702 HP and I know it will sound a lot better, but I've owned my Raptor for two years and never felt it's power underwhelming, in fact I've rarely used what's on tap anyway.
Problem is, if it's anything like the Hellcats, the dealers will be adding a hefty market adjustment for the next five years.
I'm no Chrysler motors fan, but if I see one on a lot, I'll be stopping in for a good look.

pronstar

Reaction score
I’m curious to see how they’ve updated those Bilstein Blackhawk shocks.

About 10 years ago, Carli was playing with them, they were 2.65” at the time. IIRC they had excellent bottom-out resistance, and a few guys were running them with good results...this was in 3/4-ton Rams.

Then they disappeared and Carlinstopped offering them.

Based on what I’m seeing from Bilstein, they’re starting to offer some updates off-rod shocks for consumers again...but I’m not seeing these “e2” variants.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I’m curious to see how they’ve updated those Bilstein Blackhawk shocks.

About 10 years ago, Carli was playing with them, they were 2.65” at the time. IIRC they had excellent bottom-out resistance, and a few guys were running them with good results...this was in 3/4-ton Rams.

Then they disappeared and Carlinstopped offering them.

Based on what I’m seeing from Bilstein, they’re starting to offer some updates off-rod shocks for consumers again...but I’m not seeing these “e2” variants.

Looks like its a extensive and complex controls and input system in the truck. On the "shock info" page they show a little video of the suspension working and you can see the suspension position sensor on the fronts and likely each rear as well. Each chock has 2 electronically controlled valves built in as well. Looks very intriguing. Although I would've liked to have seen them go with a larger diameter (I know, not needed for 98% of the use those trucks will see, but still would be nice to see larger).

pronstar

Reaction score
Looks like its a extensive and complex controls and input system in the truck. On the "shock info" page they show a little video of the suspension working and you can see the suspension position sensor on the fronts and likely each rear as well. Each chock has 2 electronically controlled valves built in as well. Looks very intriguing. Although I would've liked to have seen them go with a larger diameter (I know, not needed for 98% of the use those trucks will see, but still would be nice to see larger).

Interesting...

I’m not a fan of electronically controlled shocks, because they inevitably will need servicing...and I can’t imagine it’ll be cheap.

Seems to me that position-based valving can be had mechanically with bypass shocks...much less crap to go wrong.

ZSTIV

Reaction score
Nice looking, certainly impressive power numbers. I really like the HUD, towing is a bit less than the Raptor and I can't find any info on fuel capacity, I really like my 36 gallon tank in my Raptor. With that SC Hemi, I'm sure it's a thirsty bitch.
Similarly optioned to my Raptor I ended up at $ 89K, so only another $ 16K. :oops: The kid that still resides inside is digging the 702 HP and I know it will sound a lot better, but I've owned my Raptor for two years and never felt it's power underwhelming, in fact I've rarely used what's on tap anyway.
Problem is, if it's anything like the Hellcats, the dealers will be adding a hefty market adjustment for the next five years.
I'm no Chrysler motors fan, but if I see one on a lot, I'll be stopping in for a good look.

The tow rating is more than the raptor, configured as a crew cab.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Raptors are selling below MSRP now. The Gen 3 is coming so we'll see what Ford does with it

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Raptors are selling below MSRP now. The Gen 3 is coming so we'll see what Ford does with it
Where is this happening? I went to my local Ford dealer on Sunday and the still had a $10k mark-up plus another $1800 for some anti theft BS, it was stickered over $88k - for a half ton pickup! I asked the sales guy if they are still getting the markups and he said that if I offered $5k over they'd probably take it. I told him that I've never paid sticker for a vehicle and no way in hell am I ever going to pay over sticker. I said, "Nice truck" and I walked out.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Where is this happening? I went to my local Ford dealer on Sunday and the still had a $10k mark-up plus another $1800 for some anti theft BS, it was stickered over $88k - for a half ton pickup! I asked the sales guy if they are still getting the markups and he said that if I offered $5k over they'd probably take it. I told him that I've never paid sticker for a vehicle and no way in hell am I ever going to pay over sticker. I said, "Nice truck" and I walked out.
Probably everywhere but SoCal. Saw the same thing a couple months ago in OC. $10k over sticker on 2020s and they had tons of Raptors on the lot. 2019s they “might make a deal on at MSRP.” Uh, MSRP on a 2019 in 2020....Made no sense to me, as they new ones are coming.

pronstar

Reaction score
I foresee even more frame/suspension issues than the first gen Raptor had.

Trophy-truck power without a cage and 1/3 the suspension...people are gonna hammer the shit out of these until they find the weak links.

During “hold my beer” moments, the weak links will be discovered in 30 seconds, max.

I, for one, can’t wait for the YouTube vids [emoji106]

squeezer

Reaction score
Very nice looking truck but just like the Raptor, spending almost 100k out the door for a loaded pickup truck is just ridiculous, well except for the ballers, this is pocket change... :) I would wait a few years and pick one up for 35-45k from a street queen/parking lot princess owners which most will end up as just like so many of the the Raptors are..
78C694E2-9C2E-4F4A-9610-2DB00D9C76EF.jpeg

Had ours in the dunes last weekend😜

The TRX looks great on paper, more weight and less suspension than the Raptor does not bode well with the HP on tap...

pronstar

Reaction score
View attachment 912162

Had ours in the dunes last weekend[emoji12]

The TRX looks great on paper, more weight and less suspension than the Raptor does not bode well with the HP on tap...

It doesn’t look like it has less suspension than the Raptor, at least on paper.

What are you seeing that looks inferior to the Raptor?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
View attachment 912162

Had ours in the dunes last weekend😜

It has the same suspension numbers as the Raptor 13" front, 14" rear (4 link Dana 60 at that), with 2.5" shocks. Not sure where the suspension shortfall is in your eyes.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It doesn’t look like it has less suspension than the Raptor, at least on paper.

What are you seeing that looks inferior to the Raptor?

beat me

HitIt

Reaction score
Suspension specs:

susp.jpg

Be interesting to see what Ford has up their sleeve for 2021.

pronstar

Reaction score
Suspension specs:

View attachment 912171

Be interesting to see what Ford has up their sleeve for 2021.

For sure [emoji106]

I could see more potential rear travel with the coils the new Raptor supposedly will have.

But 13” is pretty much the max we’re gonna see in a 4WD IFS front due to CV angles.
Even aftermarket long-travel setups hit this limit for 4WD applications...lose the CV’s and more travel is possible.

squeezer

Reaction score
Guessing the 3" vs. 2.5" shocks.

Ding ding ding... We have a winner.

Smaller shocks and more weight imply less control and faster fade. Hard to say for sure at this point but this is a spec conversation not a side by side drive.

The big problem is people are going to buy these things and think they have a Trophy Truck. That is not going to end well.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
You want a hotrod......... Buy a hellcat

You want a truck......... Buy a Superduty

You can have BOTH for about what this shit box costs, and both will outperform in each arena...............

HitIt

Reaction score

You can have BOTH for about what this shit box costs, and both will outperform in each arena...............

Hard to disagree. There really is no reason for this truck to exist. I have heard the Hellcats and SuperDutys are super fun in desert washboard.

pronstar

Reaction score
I hope they put a massive tranny cooler on that TRX, with a fan.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The first Launch edition is close to 100k and i guarantee dealers will gouge you like they try and do with gladiators and the special edition hellcats.

Look for 125k rams shortly...lol

Raptors are expensive and well all wish they had a 550hp v8 but they hold there value. Dodge products typically don't (except wranglers) fair well when used so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I
want to see the offroad ability compared to a raptor.

Personally i don't think anyone needs a 700hp off road street truck but they will sell...lol
These will fall in price in the used market just like Hellcats

Cdog

Reaction score

I guess this is how I know I’m getting old. Haha! I just don’t see why anyone would want this “truck” . Or pay the price for it.

“A fool and his money are easily departed”

squeezer

Reaction score
I love the fact the Raptor Fanboys picking this thing apart as they try to sleep comfortably with their V6 trophy truck.. :)

As a Raptor owner I am stoked to see the TRX. Will put pressure on Ford to up the Raptor game.

Raptors have existed in the market for 10 years pretty much unchallenged. This changes that and it will only be for the better.

As far at the V6 thing goes everybody picks apart the sound of the turbo motor and the idea of it being a six instead of an eight. I have yet to find an owner who complains about a lack of performance... Particularly in a tuned truck.

For my $$$ I would rather have the 7.3 with some basic upgrades. Single cam, 2V, low tech longevity for the win.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
As a Raptor owner I am stoked to see the TRX. Will put pressure on Ford to up the Raptor game.

Raptors have existed in the market for 10 years pretty much unchallenged. This changes that and it will only be for the better.

As far at the V6 thing goes everybody picks apart the sound of the turbo motor and the idea of it being a six instead of an eight. I have yet to find an owner who complains about a lack of performance... Particularly in a tuned truck.

For my $$$ I would rather have the 7.3 with some basic upgrades. Single cam, 2V, low tech longevity for the win.
I could live with the sound, but it's just weird having a badass truck sound like that. It's not the end of the world though...

Agree 100% on 7.3 with some upgrades. I'm a big fan of reliability. The original plan for this platform was a TR with a NA 7.0L code-named banshee, and TRX with the supercharged 6.2. I wanted the 7.0 with a reported 520/525, but it looks like they bailed on the idea. Too bad....