WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rams House!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My dad just called me this afternoon and told me he and his partner are going to the NFC championship game on Sunday..... and taking their sons! So I'm going to the game! The view I've seen from the company seats is pretty damn good. I'm pretty freaking excited. I've only been to 1 NFL game before and it was in the Colesium.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
SoFi is an awesome stadium, you will have a blast. Both times I went this year we sat Club Level. The leather seats and no lines at the bars make it super nice.

Should be a rad game!!

just_floatin

Reaction score
Also SoFi 🤣. Ban was lifted yesterday but Ram faithful are determined to keep the SF fans from attending the game.
4265DEEB-2A83-4D60-AE24-EC6368811AD6.jpeg

westair

Reaction score
Rams need to earn their fans back .... they left em for 15 years! ..A super bowl win would help! Go Rams!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Rams need to earn their fans back .... they left em for 15 years! ..A super bowl win would help! Go Rams!!

👍🏼

Went to SoFi not long ago, place was pretty much sold out. I'm thinking the fans are back in a big way these days.

The place is awesome, and the Rams are playing well. 👍🏼

@Flying_Lavey have a great time!!!

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
We have season tickets and the stadium is ridiculous! The only game we haven't enjoyed was the niner game a few weeks back. Besides the Rams losing a game they should have easily won, the 49'er fans were the rudest, biggest dickwads we've seen all year. Made the Raider fans seem tame by comparison. 😅

I fully expect to end this skid of Niner losses this weekend! Go Rams!!!

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
So those of you that have been there please explain.......is the stadium inside or outside. open air? is the roof just a cover and the outside temp is also the inside temp?

And is the playing surface well below outside grade. i cant tell from the pictures? thanks in Advance.

satellitemike

Reaction score
So those of you that have been there please explain.......is the stadium inside or outside. open air? is the roof just a cover and the outside temp is also the inside temp?

And is the playing surface well below outside grade. i cant tell from the pictures? thanks in Advance.
The field is way below grade as the stadium had a height restriction being in LAX's incoming flight pattern. I think it was close to 100' below.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Most of the stadium is below ground level. It is fully covered, but is open to the atmosphere in at least one place I noticed. Seemed pretty well climate controlled to me.

20211221_154454.jpg

Orange Juice

Reaction score
There is suppose to be a level that is open to the outside air.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Are you saying you won a few bucks on the ponies? 😁

Just once. The only time I was ever inside the place was in 1986 when my ship (ported in Hawaii) made a big drug bust in the South Pacific and brought the bad guys and dope to Long Beach. (Federal Judge in Hawaii was suspected of being made, so we went straight to LA) Stayed with my brother-in-law for a few days, and went to the track hung over. Bet about 5 races, I think $20 bucks total, when we first got there, then passed out in the stands. Woke up and ran the tickets on the way out and found I'd won over $500. Don't know what race(s) or horse(s), just took the money and left.

It's more because my first job was hawking the Racing Form in the parking lot. Made a lot of good tips when people I'd sold the rag to, won big. But can you imagine a 13 year old, blonde surfer kid on a Sting Ray bike, riding down Prairie Ave from 132nd Street to Century these days? Now days I wouldn't even make it to El Segundo Blvd before ending up in the dumpster behind Chuy's Wheel and Taco Shop.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The lambs….

That picture from the last game at SOFI with all the niners fans in attendance made me lol

Gonna be the niners and chiefs in the bowl again

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

Ct5

Reaction score
My wife and I will be there cheering on the Rams! My apprentice is a 49ers fan and he will be driving us there and back home. We’re stoked to see the new stadium and do some serious tailgating. As far as the game, hopefully it’s interesting either way. We’re ready for a mini vaca after all the wintertime sicknesses. 🍻

Is there anything we should go out of our way to see/eat/drink while we’re there?

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I am going to start a specific thread about this in the next couple of days……. But I am getting ready to list a complete VIP Super Bowl Package for sale. The package includes top shelf Open Bar, Catering by Wolfgang Puck, Pre Party with Black Crows & Wyclef. Tailgating lot pas, and more. 2 tickets to game, section 207 row 3, seat 12 & 13 which is an aisle seat.

Just giving a pre thread heads up.

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
We are season ticket holders as well and will be there Sunday. Lifelong Rams fans and have other family members with season seats as well. I will preface that I have a very unhealthy dislike for the 49ers since they dominated the 80's.
The stadium is awesome, we really enjoy it and love our seats.
There is a lot of talk about crappy Rams fans and such, but I can say that this season they have had a true home field advantage every week... except of course week 18 against the Niners. I'm sure it will be even worse this week unfortunately. There are certain teams that have fans all over, and also travel well. When the Cowboys come to town next season, it will likely be another Rams road game. Probably the same with the Raiders next year when they come as well. But outside of a couple of teams that travel well, the Rams have a home field advantage. It is just a shame to host the NFC Championship game at SOFI, and have more 49er fans. Winning consistently and building back a true fan base can stop that.
That being said, as of yesterday, I could sell my 4 tickets for more than I paid for the full season (not including playoffs). So I understand why fair weather fans are doing it.
Go Rams!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We are season ticket holders as well and will be there Sunday. Lifelong Rams fans and have other family members with season seats as well. I will preface that I have a very unhealthy dislike for the 49ers since they dominated the 80's.
The stadium is awesome, we really enjoy it and love our seats.
There is a lot of talk about crappy Rams fans and such, but I can say that this season they have had a true home field advantage every week... except of course week 18 against the Niners. I'm sure it will be even worse this week unfortunately. There are certain teams that have fans all over, and also travel well. When the Cowboys come to town next season, it will likely be another Rams road game. Probably the same with the Raiders next year when they come as well. But outside of a couple of teams that travel well, the Rams have a home field advantage. It is just a shame to host the NFC Championship game at SOFI, and have more 49er fans. Winning consistently and building back a true fan base can stop that.
That being said, as of yesterday, I could sell my 4 tickets for more than I paid for the full season (not including playoffs). So I understand why fair weather fans are doing it.
Go Rams!
Yeah, we saw on Stubhub (I believe it was there) that the section next to us had seats in the next row down listed for $22k each. It definitely had my dad's wheels spinning. I'm just hoping if they do decide to sell them instead of us all going that I get a little piece of that as a bonus or something. Lol!

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Will be at the game also c128 crazy prices we have eight tickets in the five hundred sections any body interested

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My wife and I will be there cheering on the Rams! My apprentice is a 49ers fan and he will be driving us there and back home. We’re stoked to see the new stadium and do some serious tailgating. As far as the game, hopefully it’s interesting either way. We’re ready for a mini vaca after all the wintertime sicknesses. 🍻

Is there anything we should go out of our way to see/eat/drink while we’re there?

Where are you staying?

Where are you coming from?

How much free time will you have?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
Looks like the only difference is that they are giving the masks away. They require the masks now. Now..... if they will be enforced and how is a different story.
Masks are required now. Only time I was told to keep it on was going through security. Once you are in, haven't seen anyone spoken to about it ever this entire season.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
If they restrict ticket sales to the greater LA area how are all the Rams fans gonna buy tickets……you know ALL the Rams fans from St Louis?

😂

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
If they restrict ticket sales to the greater LA area how are all the Rams fans gonna buy tickets……you know ALL the Rams fans from St Louis?

😂
While I know the STL part is a joke, the restriction only lasted like 24 hours or so. I believe it was removed sometime Monday evening or Tuesday morning. But of course it got blown out of proportion everywhere. Tennessee did something like restrict transfers of tickets until 24 hours before the game. That is more restricting than what the Rams did. Especially since there are more 49er fans in SoCal than Rams anyway. It will be a sea of red either way unfortunately.

nowski

Reaction score
With the mandatory mask mandates in place for LA County, (2 years old and up, vaccinated or not) I'm curious to know how that plays out. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, we'll all get confirmation on game day...

Reactions: DWC