WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rancho Cucamonga home listing...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Pretty bad what a shit hole house in effing Rancho Cucamonga is half a million and needs 100+k to make it livable.

That is a really desirable area. There are multi million dollar homes right around there. I had a GF that lived down the street after high school and was up there a lot.

You could make some money, but it would take a lot to do it, and to just make the house liveable.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My old house was one block away...it was on market a few months ago for 1.1 Money to be made, if you have the means, and the balls. Have to be sure of the economy with the coin out to purchase, and the lead time in work.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Bet the neighbors are happy to see it on the market

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What surprises me is how F'd up it is...and I lived in Pomona before there. What happened, foreclosure revenge, or neighborhood punks?

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
LOL Sent it to the wife and told her there is a reasonably priced SoCal home move in ready available. Maybe some light dusting and we should be good to go. She about died once she looked at it.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
I live very close and I will say that the house is only 3+2 14K s.f. yes it needs a major face lift and comps are all over in the area so I don;t think there is allot to be made but of course there is always an exception.

Just goes to show the bad aspect of renting your house out.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This is in a VERY VERY nice area of Rancho. We have walked the Christmas lights on Thoroughbred street the last couple years. @wsuwrhr lives close to this place.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That is a really desirable area. There are multi million dollar homes right around there. I had a GF that lived down the street after high school and was up there a lot.

You could make some money, but it would take a lot to do it, and to just make the house liveable.

This house is way overpriced for the work that needs to be done. Shoot, the Redfin estimate is less than the list price. If I was a flipper and making an all cash offer for this, it would be around the $375k - $400k range.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This house is way overpriced for the work that needs to be done. Shoot, the Redfin estimate is less than the list price. If I was a flipper and making an all cash offer for this, it would be around the $375k - $400k range.

As with anything the list price and the sale price are 2 different things.. I agree though.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Maybe they hoarded feces? It is/was, a really nice area. Several years back there were some burglary issues. Guys were waiting to see housewives leave on walks, false deliveries to check if anyone was home,etc... Most homes in that area were backed up to trails, not good from a security standpoint.

wzuber

Reaction score
Pic your preferred flavor of shit bag, you can't be too far off. At least they started "some" of the demo process for the new owner so there's that.:p:rolleyes: I bet they filled the toilets/drains with cement or something like that based on those photo's. I'd have it "better than new" move in ready in "two weeks". :D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
This is in a VERY VERY nice area of Rancho. We have walked the Christmas lights on Thoroughbred street the last couple years. @wsuwrhr lives close to this place.

Yep, very close to me. That neighborhood is easily 50-75 K more than my place. Weird to me to see houses like that in this market/time in our economy.

I love me some culdesac houses.

That place is 3-400K tops.

Brian

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yep, very close to me. That neighborhood is easily 50-75 K more than my place. Weird to me to see houses like that in this market/time in our economy.

I love me some culdesac houses.

That place is 3-400K tops.

Brian

In that area you are buying the lot and 1 wall :) Shit can the rest and start over.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

Put an email in to see if a bury a body buddy wants to partner on it. See what he says.

id say that house is bottom 650 to 700 house.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
In that area you are buying the lot and 1 wall :) Shit can the rest and start over.
Most looks like a 40ft rolloff and a weekend cleanup crew, interior drywall repair, all new windows that needed to be replaced anyway. Interior and exterior paint.

Superficial damage after the shit is all thrown away, and I lien that bike. ;)

Brian

Tank

Reaction score
500k for that? Family members just sold a really nice two story with pool on thoroughbred for 800kish. No way is that shit hole worth 500k. Nice lot though and I wonder if that jet boat is still in the back yard! :D

Complete tweeker crash pad if I've ever seen one.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'd say more than one roll off! I didn't see any pics of the back yard...these are all about 1/2 acre. Could be all kinds of things...I doubt there's an SS Camaro, but has to be at least one hooptie up on blocks.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I'd say more than one roll off! I didn't see any pics of the back yard...these are all about 1/2 acre. Could be all kinds of things...I doubt there's an SS Camaro, but has to be at least one hooptie up on blocks.

Everything in that area is half acre min.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

One two three, just saying,,,throw all the shit away and the house already looks 10x better.

wzuber

Reaction score
I'd venture to say to reign in top dollar in that area you will be easily 150k + to make it competitive in that market. Full new kitchen and bath's, move walls, scrape texture ceilings, recessed light's, windows, doors, up date elec. yada, yada.... Also re-landscaping that size property will consume some real coin and you won't get away with painting the dead grass green. jmo
Additionally, there's a good bit of new construction in the surrounding communities to compete with too. Good luck fellas. I can only imagine all the back stabbin, cut throat swingin dick flippers clammering to get at that one. It will be interesting to see how/what turns out. Maybe it will be on a tv snow?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I hear that, when I bought that house, the yard was HUGE....until a buddy bought an acre property.

Two footer syndrome. :)
I jumped from a terraced 1/4 acre, to a nice flat 1/4, then the 1/2...I could have a pool, a yard and RV parking...I was killing it! The area inside of my gravel driveway is bigger than that...all good, until you have to mowo_O

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
That was a nice house in May.... Damn....

upload_2018-11-29_12-38-25.png

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It would be a good come-up for a youngster willing to do the sweat equity thing. I hated the Christmas light, holiday hell, but liked to walk them with my kids in the wagon. It's no worse than my 1st house was, once you clear it out. Single guys with skills could make it happen, if they had the work ethic.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Houses across the street look like shit holes in the backyard as well.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
It would be a good come-up for a youngster willing to do the sweat equity thing. I hated the Christmas light, holiday hell, but liked to walk them with my kids in the wagon. It's no worse than my 1st house was, once you clear it out. Single guys with skills could make it happen, if they had the work ethic.

Yepp, been trying to get a few young guys to realize this. But they don’t have the balls to do it.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yepp, been trying to get a few young guys to realize this. But they don’t have the balls to do it.

I tried for a house that was in similar superficial condition on Moon, which is the next street down from Pumalo. I was prolly a year too early to put a deal together by myself, and just couldn't get a taker.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I tried for a house that was in similar superficial condition on Moon, which is the next street down from Pumalo. I was prolly a year too early to put a deal together by myself, and just couldn't get a taker.

I here you, sometimes you just can’t make it happen. I am talking to guys that are paying $1k each with three room mates. That is 3K a month. You can find a 2br townhome get one room mate and be paying less than he currently is. It has been 3 years that he has been going from house to house to house. I ran the numbers for him and he only needs 15K for the down payment.

Whatever we need these types of people in the world or I wouldn’t have any tenanted in our rentals. I just want to see some of the hardworking young men get a head.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Most looks like a 40ft rolloff and a weekend cleanup crew, interior drywall repair, all new windows that needed to be replaced anyway. Interior and exterior paint.

;)

Brian

Yoooove been watching too much HGTV

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

LOL only if he thought that it could be done in 30 minutes unless it is house hunter renovations than its an hour.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
LOL only if he thought that it could be done in 30 minutes unless it is house hunter renovations than its an hour.

I laughed when I read that because when I moved out of my old place...I thought I would slap some fresh paint on the walls and be about done with it. 2 months and 10K later, it was ready to go.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

I have never been a lazy doood.....gangster.

The details work themselves out. Just got to do the work and not get mired in the task. I was over simplifying the task. The house doesn't show well because of the trash everywhere, is what makes it so overwhelming.

This ain't my first rod-e-o.

10k isn't shit renovating a house, especially a whole house like you did. Just sayin. :)

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In 1999, I was making 11.50 an hour...looked on some home website, and typed in my max as being 100k, within 50-60 miles of my job. 1 came up, I bought it. Fixed up one room as a studio, and started on the rest. Nights and weekends, got it ready for the girl to become my wife in 2000. Wasn't done, but decent. Lots of microwave pizzas and soup for dinner...Best decision I made. I know there are guys making the coin to get this one, but a lot of them don't do the type of work conducive to "Sweat Equity" I'd rather own then rent, never made sense. I did it for a couple years out of high school, but that was it.