sorry there hasnt been much info

we are changing that this minute and have a new temp site availablle

www.raptorboats.tk

Owner of Raptor Boats is Rocky Chilcote

Reactions: Eli

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Pretty cool looking boat! I noticed the bottom looks different then a lot of other west coast cats. The center pod doesn't start until midships? Is this your own bottom? Is this the only model or is there others? What kind of performance are you seeing with this hull etc..

Welcome to the board BTW!

RD

boatpi

Reaction score
Who is doing your lay up's? I believe Shockwave and Lavey are the only two boat MFG's in Corona.

Cajun

Reaction score
From your link:

Raptor Powerboats

Owner Rock Chilcote

#1 in Powerboat Racing with its flawless designs and performance.

Just curious what the claims of being #1 in powerboat racing are based from? That's a pretty bold statement considering the pool you're swimming in.

Chopperman

Reaction score
This is ryan chilcote co owner of raptor boats

any questions please feel free to ask

sorry there hasnt been much info

we are changing that this minute and have a new temp site availablle

www.raptorboats.tk

Owner of Raptor Boats is Rocky Chilcote

I was just asking about you guys on here a few weeks ago, could you give us a little history on your company and a little bit about the hull design.

AEA

Reaction score
How many have been made?

What lengths are available?

What power in the one on your site? Performance numbers?

What is your background/ qualifications as a builder?

Show and tell us more...

Ryan Chilcote

Reaction score
Pretty cool looking boat! I noticed the bottom looks different then a lot of other west coast cats. The center pod doesn't start until midships? Is this your own bottom? Is this the only model or is there others? What kind of performance are you seeing with this hull etc..

Welcome to the board BTW!

RD

Yes this is my own bottom, the center pod is 14ft long from the transom.

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score
Just curious what the claims of being #1 in powerboat racing are based from? That's a pretty bold statement considering the pool you're swimming in.

I wonder if they have more Pacific Offshore Championship wins than LaveyCraft.....?

Ryan Chilcote

Reaction score
I was just asking about you guys on here a few weeks ago, could you give us a little history on your company and a little bit about the hull design.

the hull design is our own design and has been proven over a 12 year period. Our tooling company is fiberglass tooling owned by chuck guy. Currently our bottom has proven to be extremely successful with zero porpoising. our hulls lean to the inside in high speed turns unlike any other cat that we are familiar with. We invite any real interested party to come take a ride in our demo boat and you can see for your self.

Ryan Chilcote

Reaction score
How many have been made?

What lengths are available?

What power in the one on your site? Performance numbers?

What is your background/ qualifications as a builder?

Show and tell us more...

30ft

and our new 35 will be out april next year

and the one on the site is a single 620hp standard bravo drive swinging a 28 bravo prop

the hull design is our own design and has been proven over a 12 year period. Our tooling company is fiberglass tooling owned by chuck guy. Currently our bottom has proven to be extremely successful with zero porpoising. our hulls lean to the inside in high speed turns unlike any other cat that we are familiar with. We invite any real interested party to come take a ride in our demo boat and you can see for your self.

sirbob

Reaction score
Thx for the info... keep it coming.

Can you shed any light on the #1 in powerboat racing claim? Has this hull been racing? Or is that a claim based on other history from the owners? Thank you.

Joker

Reaction score

Can you shed any light on the #1 in powerboat racing claim? Has this hull been racing? Or is that a claim based on other history from the owners? Thank you.

The claim appears to have been withdrawn.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Having had multiple random web guys work for me over the years if wager the web guy just stuck that in there.. I had all kinds of dumb shit that they thought was cool that I had to explain was borderline catastrophic... Lol when I was working with the Russians etc.

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score
Having had multiple random web guys work for me over the years if wager the web guy just stuck that in there.. I had all kinds of dumb shit that they thought was cool that I had to explain was borderline catastrophic... Lol when I was working with the Russians etc.

Stuff like.... "The most trusted boating forum on the internet"? :D

Ryan Chilcote

Reaction score
Stuff like.... "The most trusted boating forum on the internet"? :D
it was just a quote the website builder added im sorry not trying to be cocky
but feel free to try out the demo boat or join us for a ride then you shall comment

Ryan Chilcote

Reaction score

and there you go

it was a quote the website builder added

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score
it was just a quote the website builder added im sorry not trying to be cocky
but feel free to try out the demo boat or join us for a ride then you shall comment

Mine was a quote from the banner on THIS website. ;)

sirbob

Reaction score
Ryan

Thx for continuing to update us.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I have not had the pleasure of meeting Ryan,but have met Rocky once.It was back when i sprayed fellow RDP member stblaze orange/black boat.Rocky seems like a straight shooter,no bs talk,he even picked up lunch!I quoted a price,sprayed the boat and received the quoted number in a timely manner,no drama.

Raptor Boats....Hope to see you guys do well👍

Ryan Chilcote

Reaction score
I have not had the pleasure of meeting Ryan,but have met Rocky once.It was back when i sprayed fellow RDP member stblaze orange/black boat.Rocky seems like a straight shooter,no bs talk,he even picked up lunch!I quoted a price,sprayed the boat and received the quoted number in a timely manner,no drama.

Raptor Boats....Hope to see you guys do well

Thank you. much is appreciated :)
how are things going by the way?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Like a roller coaster ride.....and I'm not strapped in:D

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
From your link:

Raptor Powerboats

Owner Rock Chilcote

#1 in Powerboat Racing with its flawless designs and performance.

Cajun = zero to threadcrapper in 10 seconds, well done.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Keep reading, Copernicus.

At the forth post in the thread, you had zero data. It doesn't matter what I think anyway. What are your qualifications to call him out? Unless you are a West-coast performance boat expert based in Mississippi.

Cajun

Reaction score
At the forth post in the thread, you had zero data. It doesn't matter what I think anyway. What are your qualifications to call him out? Unless you are a West-coast performance boat expert based in Mississippi.

Lol. His website was touting #1 in power boat racing, and also encouraged asking any questions. So, I asked him to back up an obviously illegitimate claim, as did others. I was very curious how they came to be number one, and in what areas excelled them ahead of Eliminator, DCB, TCB, Fountain, Sanger, and the list goes on. It was shortly removed from their site. I'm not sure where you want to go with this, but it was an honest question, partially to defend those manufacturers that actually have spent time earning their reputation through the years of trial error and a proven track record. So, when someone comes around and says I'm number one, I would like to know how.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Lol. His website was touting #1 in power boat racing, and also encouraged asking any questions. So, I asked him to back up an obviously illegitimate claim, as did others. I was very curious how they came to be number one, and in what areas excelled them ahead of Eliminator, DCB, TCB, Fountain, Sanger, and the list goes on. It was shortly removed from their site. I'm not sure where you want to go with this, but it was an honest question, partially to defend those manufacturers that actually have spent time earning their reputation through the years of trial error and a proven track record. So, when someone comes around and says I'm number one, I would like to know how.

Cajun,
I don't want to go anywhere with this. I just know what it's like to launch a new product and start a new company. It is not an easy task. This guy has most likely put everything on the line, in a poor economy. I understand what you're saying, just don't know why you (or anyone) really needs to know. I read it strictly as advertising hyperbole. Frankly, I just read past it.

I'm just stickin up for a guy with the guts to give it a go. Nothing personal at all. Guys like him make America work. As far as I'm concerned THATS what makes him number one, figuratively.

Steve

rvrrat350

Reaction score
30ft

and our new 35 will be out april next year

and the one on the site is a single 620hp standard bravo drive swinging a 28 bravo prop

what kinda speed you gettin with that power?

DAB

Reaction score
Was Rocky involved with Alex Torres many years ago?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Was Rocky involved with Alex Torres many years ago?

Alex was doing his lamination as recently as earlier this year as far as I know.Been so for a couple of years now,unless they have moved on?

**Edit** refer to post #12;)

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
glad to see you are building!

typical RDP, people attempting to kick a company in the balls before they even unzip. How about everyone asks how we as a boating community can help a business grow, instead of trying to make them look stupid. The market is bad enough already, we all know someone out of work that WAS in the industry. Maybe Raptor can grow and hire that person.

DAB

Reaction score
this is correct we still work with Alex.
I got that from previous posts.. I wanted to know if they had a venture together around 10-12 years ago? I thought I met them together at a boat show when they were rolling out a 35ft V. Same Rocky?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I'd like to know why if Im looking at a small cat I would look at this vs Steve Trips little cat (RPM?) .

Or any of the million Daytonas one could get, or a sweet used 27 Sabre.

Tell me why Id look at this cat? I can forgive a startup website.

If I'm used to LaveyCraft quality what will I like and dislike about this boat?

To start I'm not a fan of solid color boats like the stuff coming out of DCB in the last few years. (I blame the guys ordering vs DCB)

If its a West Coast boat its gelcoat right?

Help a fellow boater learn a bit about your product so we can at least know what your product is about.

Thanks.

UD

Last edited: