WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rare shout out to Suddenlink

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Internet keeps dropping. They said guy be here 11-3. Showed 11 on the dot..... never happened with any service company. Found bad cable ends inside and out. Loose connections. And he hooked up new 24 channel modem I bought but didn’t have time to do. Guy was on the money. From posts on here that’s a rarity.

sintax

Reaction score
Internet keeps dropping. They said guy be here 11-3. Showed 11 on the dot..... never happened with any service company. Found bad cable ends inside and out. Loose connections. And he hooked up new 24 channel modem I bought but didn’t have time to do. Guy was on the money. From posts on here that’s a rarity.

Totally, good to hear.

I had a great experience with the rep who came to set mine up as well. The guy was good and knew his stuff. The biggest issue with SL as I see it, when they got consumed by the east coast company, they have a bunch of clowns doing phone support who don’t know / can’t fix anything on the havasu systems.

Reactions: DLC

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
I gotta say the the guy who hooked us up from Suddenlink (Bobby) was totally on the money as well. Sharp, punctual (showed up 5 minutes before the window), friendly and dialed us in quickly. Zero problems so far.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Did you ask if the guy travels from Havasu? LOL. The guy who worked on our house in Havasu lives in Kingman. It would be funny if your guy did the opposite.

sintax

Reaction score
Did you ask if the guy travels from Havasu? LOL. The guy who worked on our house in Havasu lives in Kingman. It would be funny if your guy did the opposite.

My dude came from Kingman too.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Actually the guy was in an unmarked white van with California plates

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Calif. plates, hell he's supposed to be in Havasu!!!

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Do they work directly under Suddenlink or subs like Direct tv and Dish?

Joker

Reaction score
I can’t wait for Mohave Electric to get their fiber run up here. Suddenlink is horrible

FishSniper

Reaction score
We were having a lot of issues with them also and a guy came out few months ago and knock on wood since then it’s been very reliable. This guy seemed to be on top of it he cut out some bad connections outside.

DLC

Reaction score
So a while back I called Shitty Link told them I needed to have the line checked from the pole to the box/ modem

it took them over 3 weeks I appointment per week and 25 calls! To get it.... then they charged me $80 to fix there own mistake!

1st guy
said signal is low he boosted it & changed a connector then said your connection to the modem is good! I fixed your problem! Yea. not.....he was on site for 20-25 minutes

2nd guy
Said you need a new modem, lucky I had just bought a new one, he installed it changed the same connection end piece as guy #1 and yep! I fixed your problem! Yea. Not... he was on site for 30-35 minutes because I was bitching about guy #1 I also told him he needs to check the line coming into the house - nope can do no ladder!

3rd guy
actually got on the pole wire, said the original installer used the wrong connector for my line and then checked every connection to the modem, he also found a that no ground wire was ever connected from the original install 4.5 years ago.... he was on site for 45 minutes and did all the other things the 1st 2 guys did and more!

and he actually did fix my problem!

not sure why it takes 3 appointments to fix a problem!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
So a while back I called Shitty Link told them I needed to have the line checked from the pole to the box/ modem

it took them over 3 weeks I appointment per week and 25 calls! To get it.... then they charged me $80 to fix there own mistake!

1st guy
said signal is low he boosted it & changed a connector then said your connection to the modem is good! I fixed your problem! Yea. not.....he was on site for 20-25 minutes

2nd guy
Said you need a new modem, lucky I had just bought a new one, he installed it changed the same connection end piece as guy #1 and yep! I fixed your problem! Yea. Not... he was on site for 30-35 minutes because I was bitching about guy #1 I also told him he needs to check the line coming into the house - nope can do no ladder!

3rd guy
actually got on the pole wire, said the original installer used the wrong connector for my line and then checked every connection to the modem, he also found a that no ground wire was ever connected from the original install 4.5 years ago.... he was on site for 45 minutes and did all the other things the 1st 2 guys did and more!

and he actually did fix my problem!

not sure why it takes 3 appointments to fix a problem!

BUT!!, you are happy now.

Right?

Havalife

Reaction score
I can't even count how many times they have been to may house over the years.

Here's a few, each time I was told no charge but they charged and would reverse it.
1 guy said I'm on an old line and they can't do anything now.
1 guy put in a amplifier
1 guy said the house connection was bad and changed it
1 guy said they put an indoor connection at the pole
1 guy said the line to the house was bad and took 6 months to fix that. After the new line was installed, someone else had to bury it and screwed up the good signal we finally had
2 guys came out from Phoenix said I needed all new lines in the house, I threw them out of the house. My dog barked at them and they left, called animal control and said my dog bit one of them. Luckily I had witnesses.
After that they sent out another guy and he said the amplifier was not installed correctly.

I tried to get wire free but they can't get signal at my house.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Fuck those assholes! Just noticed my bill quadrupled this month.. now I gotta spend a hour of my life threatening those mother fuckers to leave if they don't fix my bill.. knowing all along the have me over a barrel.. ugh!!!!

Flatsix66

Reaction score
My bill started at $39 a month now it's $139. Website is useless to fix this. Call customer service and they bounce your around three or four other numbers and when you do finally talk to someone they are so fucking frustrating to communicate with you end up to just hanging up because life is too short to deal with these assholes. Starlink!

Taboma

Reaction score
My bill started at $39 a month now it's $139. Website is useless to fix this. Call customer service and they bounce your around three or four other numbers and when you do finally talk to someone they are so fucking frustrating to communicate with you end up to just hanging up because life is too short to deal with these assholes. Starlink!

Here in marginal rural No County San Diego I'm still on friggin slow-ass DSL. A while back I checked Starlink and it came back no service in my area until beginning until approx summer 2021. Checked back yesterday, claims now capacity full, possibly late 2022. Fucking Great Apes in the Congo will be enjoying hi-speed internet before we do. :mad: