WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rasing cane's

boatnam2

Reaction score
My girl has been bugging me for sometime to pick some up, didn't know anything about the place except it was a chicken place. Saturday we head over 30-35 cars in line and i said no way. Sunday i give in and we head back over, 40+ cars in line so we decide to wait as it must be good. Get to the order window and find out its basically chicken strips. Ok give me the strips extra sauce(you pay for) and make sure you give me ketchup for fries. Made the big mistake of asking girl at window is sauce and ketchup in bag instead of checking( rookie move) she says yes and we drive away. No sauce, no ketchup so my rating may be a little low but i give it an extra point since guy worked in a oil refinery. Going with a possible 6 out of 10 chicken strips, 8 for chicken, 3 for fries, 2 for cole slaw and 7 for bread, which comes out to a 6 in my book, not worth the 30/40 minute wait.

sintax

Reaction score
so the secret is the hot sauce, you gotta get that. Its a Louisiana style hot sauce. I dip the chicken in that, as well as mixing some packets into the sauce.

Also you kinda get better food when its not so busy, i've noticed that the food comes out rushed with no love. (ie. soggy fries, poorly attached batter on teh chicken, etc)

but at the end of the day its just chicken strips

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Not worth waiting 30 mins for. However It is much better than Chick-Fil-A in my opinion.

Ask for the packets of Louisiana hot sauce to mix with the Canes sauce.

Ask for your Texas Toast BOB - butter on both sides.

I like their sweet tea.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
so the secret is the hot sauce, you gotta get that. Its a Louisiana style hot sauce. I dip the chicken in that, as well as mixing some packets into the sauce.

Also you kinda get better food when its not so busy, i've noticed that the food comes out rushed with love. (ie. soggy fries, poorly attached batter on teh chicken, etc)

All this.

boatnam2

Reaction score
The search continues in long beach area, i have yet to find a bomb place.

sintax

Reaction score

haha this is gold! I'm totally gonna try this.

I feel like such as asshole when I just rip off the crusty buttery part of the bread and only eat that.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Meh...Chick fil a...better seasoning flavor that needs no sauce. Canes is good....but that chicken is plain, and how the fuck can you not have just regular BBQ sauce? Cuz that sauce they have sucks. Price isn't bad....but I take my own bbq sauce cuz their chicken is too plain without it. Lol....fries and dat bread is good.

C-2

Reaction score
Have you tried Louisiana Fried Chicken? They are in So Central - and Long Beach! Hit and miss and it's been a few years but man they had some great fried chicken and Okra.

My daughter can eat at Cane's 7 days week. Once she started driving I was like, Whew, buh-bye, you go wait in that long ass line.

boatnam2

Reaction score
My 2 go to places where honey bucket in Compton and chicken delight off 710, both have closed.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I tried legend hot chicken in Lakewood last week, give it a 5 out of 10 drumsticks.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I like Canes. The line is much shorter at the one on Waterman in SBO since they built one in Redlands. I like Chic fil A as well but that line is way long, it’s at least 25 mins, usually about 40-45 mins but we really enjoy it. Don’t mind waiting when I have time.

Reactions: DWC

boatnam2

Reaction score
Maybe its the covid, but every food place seems so crowded. Starbucks was 25 deep even taco smell was 20 deep.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Last time I got food from there, I told my wife to remind me that I don't like their food. Way to greasy overall.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I like Canes. The line is much shorter at the one on Waterman in SBO since they built one in Redlands. I like Chic fil A as well but that line is way long, it’s at least 25 mins, usually about 40-45 mins but we really enjoy it. Don’t mind waiting when I have time.

For our local ChikFilA, the trick is to walk up and order. It is in a Sprouts shopping center and the drive thru is wrapped around the parking lot. I park where I can get to the exit and not get blocked by the line. Walk up, order, and I’m usually out in less than 10 mins.

Canes is pretty good, not 30 min drive thru good. I’d just head over to KFC and get some extra crispy chicken.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Not worth waiting 30 mins for. However It is much better than Chick-Fil-A in my opinion.

I like their sweet tea.

no way. Canes has no taste. Wife loves it. If I need to eat chicken with no bones, it’s Chick-Fil-A

charlyox

Reaction score
We went to Canes in Vegas. They have several of them. It was pretty good. Friendly staff, fast delivery no waiting. It wasn’t a newly opened restaurant.

PlanB

Reaction score
The Cane's by our place is always extremely crowded with cars stretched around the building into the street. It seems popular with the ghetto rats in the area...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I won't wait in line for more than a couple of cars personally. I just go by when not peak times. Their food is very good though and I am not big on chicken strips. The bread and fries are awesome

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I like their sweet tea.

This exactly.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
My kids are hooked on this place also. I’d be embarrassed to even say what it cost to take all the kids there after Birthday Paintball party.

It’s ok..... knew about the BOB, wasn’t aware of mixing the Hot sauce into the Cains. Will have to try that.

Chic Fila....... I don’t even understand the hype at all. Average at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Cane's is good, but not good enough to wait in line for 30 minutes

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sounds like one is going in at the Lynwood off ramp in Barstow where the Dickey’s BBQ was. They are putting in dual drive thrus as well.

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I think all fast food chicken is over rated. You can only do so much with skinless chicken breasts. KFC and Loser-ana Chicken is ok but greasy.

We have a Canes on one corner and the Chick-fil-A on the other, about a block from my house Both have lines that wrap around the store.

So what thefuck do I know.

Moabifam5

Reaction score
Will never understand how people can wait in line for that long for Chicken Strips. The Canes around the corner from our house in Lake Forest is packed 24-7. The one on Lynwood will be a shit show once it opens..

boatnam2

Reaction score
Normally I wont even pull into a place if its more than 3-4 cars, but my gal is going through a few things and wanted it so I pulled in line, surfed RDP on phone while waiting it went by quick.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I know it's ghetto, but I love me some Popeyes spicy chicken with red beans and rice! I will MESS ME UP some of that!
Shit . . . I've even stopped at the one in Blythe!!!!!

boatnam2

Reaction score
I know it's ghetto, but I love me some Popeyes spicy chicken with red beans and rice! I will MESS ME UP some of that!
Shit . . . I've even stopped at the one in Blythe!!!!!
I will agree with that, pretty solid chicken but tough coming out of the tailpipe.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
My girl has been bugging me for sometime to pick some up, didn't know anything about the place except it was a chicken place. Saturday we head over 30-35 cars in line and i said no way. Sunday i give in and we head back over, 40+ cars in line so we decide to wait as it must be good. Get to the order window and find out its basically chicken strips. Ok give me the strips extra sauce(you pay for) and make sure you give me ketchup for fries. Made the big mistake of asking girl at window is sauce and ketchup in bag instead of checking( rookie move) she says yes and we drive away. No sauce, no ketchup so my rating may be a little low but i give it an extra point since guy worked in a oil refinery. Going with a possible 6 out of 10 chicken strips, 8 for chicken, 3 for fries, 2 for cole slaw and 7 for bread, which comes out to a 6 in my book, not worth the 30/40 minute wait.
We just got a Dutch Bros Coffee right by my house and MF'er the lines at that place are insane. WTH are they selling? The coffee can't be that good, to sit in a line 10/15 cars deep.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Chick Fil-A breakfast bites on their rolls with honey. Mmmm!