WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rat poison?

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
What are people using that I can get in California?
I need something that they will actually eat and die.......

NicPaus

Reaction score
Need to buy it in 4 lbs in CA. I buy it at lomita feed.

lantz

Reaction score
Ramik green works, but you have to keep your bait dispensers full as the rodents need to eat the bait for several days in a row. They often will horde the first batch in a favorite nesting place before eating too much. I had one that had managed to stack several cups worth of it on top of a strut tower under the hood of my car. As mentioned before, if you're in CA you need to buy 4lbs.

stingray11

Reaction score
Yeah just make sure you don't have any dogs or cats cuz if they eat a dead mouse that's been poisoned they will die

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
You could get a mink [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Done-it-again

Reaction score
If you have pex or any other type of plastic plumbing In your home. Rat poison can cause them to get thirsty and make them chew through plastic tubing.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The Ramik bars have holes in them. Need to wire it in place so they don't haul it off and stock pile it.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
WJ most of the rat poison does make them thirsty. I use the green squares as well, in the feeders and you do have to keep them full.
I also use traps.
I get the big plastic ones, the old school wood Nevermiss style are ok, but the big plastic neck-breakers work too. I alternate bait between cheap gas station beef stick and Snickers bars. Wear gloves when handling them, and hose the off trap after a kill.
With the traps they get smart, so I try to outthink them. I will bait the traps and not set them, let the bastards enjoy the goodies for about a week, and keep refilling the bait cups.
Then, usually on a Friday night, I rebait and then set them all.
It works.
The damn vehicles today have a lot of soy in the insulation on the wiring, the bastards eat it and cause $ damage. Cindy gets claims a couple times a week into her office.
Good luck.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Try one of the electric hotels. They work pretty damn good with just a little dog food. Zaps the bastard and throw it away and reload. I was killing one everyday until they were gone. We also stopped feeding the dog outside.

Reactions: TPC

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
My go to has always been "just one bite" bar. it is not available in CA any more. I use to be able to still get is shipped in via Ebay and such but they are cracking down on it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Just one bite buy it at Ace in Parker. Tractor supply also has some good stuff in Havasu. I wire the ramik bars in the trees next to my wall. I leave bowls of water on top of the wall. Fuckers ate my coolant overflow on 2 trucks trying to get water.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
We’ve had luck with this stuff ~ lasts longer than the bars. 20 lb. bucket for $60. It’s pellets ~ you’ll need a bait box so you don’t poison other animals.

Fallbrook is the only place we’ve found the buckets.

We use it at the river ~ smell was strong enough that the burros were over sniffing it out.

“Lucky’s Wife”

7D543EC1-8FDF-4C38-8BFE-76B4C8B6B6D8.jpeg
BAE63177-B690-43BA-B25B-64404941EFD5.jpeg
D160DFE7-8DF1-4F1B-89D1-143949F2B68E.png
04FA8234-CB62-469F-B75D-63066E43A964.png

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
It's much more satisfying to beat 'em to death with a stick ...at least that's what The Bilge Idiot said. 😁

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Now if someone can advise me on how to get rid of the rabbits, I’d appreciate it, becuz they are multiplying . . . like rabbits 😤🤬

Anyone had any luck with ‘LIQUID FENCE’?

“Lucky’s Wife”

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
You could get a mink [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kids have been addicted to that guy’s channel ever since @Blue posted the lizard video. I literally just finished watching one of those ten minutes ago before I saw your post.

johnnyC

Reaction score
My go to has always been "just one bite" bar. it is not available in CA any more. I use to be able to still get is shipped in via Ebay and such but they are cracking down on it.
the bait in ca is all multi feed now, i tried the multi feed on ground squrrles and it seemed they just got fat, ordered single feed from farmtec back east and i threw a couple of cubes in each hole and it did them in... if a dog or cat or anything else eats the dead squrries it will kill them, the warning says it will kill 7 times

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
the bait in ca is all multi feed now, i tried the multi feed on ground squrrles and it seemed they just got fat, ordered single feed from farmtec back east and i threw a couple of cubes in each hole and it did them in... if a dog or cat or anything else eats the dead squrries it will kill them, the warning says it will kill 7 times
I bought the standard California stuff. Rat took down a few cubes the first night. Just crumbs left. Would come back every night and eat a little more. Saw him to separate nights where he looked like he was passed out drunk, barely alive. SOB was gone in the morning. 3rd time i tossed him in the trash. Not sure if he was 100% done.
Side note: about 10 years ago our jack russell ate snail bait. $1,500 mistake When i took him in the vet said snail bait was gonna be expensive. Rat poison and he’s done.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I catch about 3-6 rat bastards a week with the plastic traps FBT mentioned. Pyramid air sells a great .22 cal pellet gun for $180 that is spot on for nighttime plinking as well.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
We’ve had luck with this stuff ~ lasts longer than the bars. 20 lb. bucket for $60. It’s pellets ~ you’ll need a bait box so you don’t poison other animals.

Fallbrook is the only place we’ve found the buckets.

We use it at the river ~ smell was strong enough that the burros were over sniffing it out.

“Lucky’s Wife”

View attachment 924627 View attachment 924628 View attachment 924629 View attachment 924630
I have actually had very poor luck with this. They will eat anything but that......

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
There was a thread about this last year maybe. There was also a video of a contraption that the rats would fall into a bucket of water, or something like that. Funny as shit to watch it happen.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Funny this thread came up.
Cat brought a rat in last night. That tells me to reload the bait.

I use RatX. They have to eat a lot of it to be effective. It eventually works and is supposed to not have secondary effects. Damfino.

If the problem gets a bit too much and needs a jumpstart then DeCon that is no longer available. I stocked up on it when it landed on the hit list.
F869CFD5-D855-4C12-A62F-419C29A7914D.jpeg