WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RATE THESE HOMES... THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY..1.3M TO 1.5M

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

I'm adding this one as it's only a penny under..

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
WHICH one is the best bang for the buck... what are the neg. of each, and what are positive...

there's a show, i think it's "sell this house".... where people are on camera say'n the neg things,...and the positive.... the realtor goes back and makes changes and then runs people thru again..

it seems that most people start with price per SQ ft, but.... things like having a yellow line down the center of the road will stop them from buying,... or not room to grow... no pool and such..... what do you see and why???

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Good lord, how some of these agents are still in the business is shocking to me. 2 of these listing you just posted have freaking cell phone pics, no staging, etc. For a over million dollar listing that is pathetic.

My first choice would be the house on Gleneagles as long as pool is finished. Second would be the first one on Casper. 3rd Yucca, 4th Nelson and Palo Verde N least favorite.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
thanks Joe
Good lord, how some of these agents are still in the business is shocking to me. 2 of these listing you just posted have freaking cell phone pics, no staging, etc. For a over million dollar listing that is pathetic.

My first choice would be the house on Gleneagles as long as pool is finished. Second would be the first one on Casper. 3rd Yucca, 4th Nelson and Palo Verde N least favorite.
.... but a little more plus and minis ... what is the turn off or on???... lets say you walked these, what made you pick #1 and why the last??

Done-it-again

Reaction score

I would agree.

Out of the ones listed Gleneagles would be my first pick. But honestly i don’t see the 1.3 to 1.5 mil for either especially the one on a busy street that has the yellow lines.

Runs2rch

Reaction score

Well my cousins brother's sister does real estate part time.....

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Since we're critiquing, I have an issue with Havasu architecture as a whole. With it being 110 * there I don't understand the zero eave/overhangs. Why not produce some shade for your windows. They can still be stucco'd. Just doesn't make sense to me. And while we're at it, it may be time to stop with the double step drywall pot shelves/bridges on the interior the 1990's are calling and want they're style back. Just my .02

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
what about pool or no pool,... my wife say's no pool is a walk away fast.... but ... what about what else you get.... I say you can add everything you want but more land... you can always put a pool in..

X Hoser

Reaction score
what about pool or no pool,... my wife say's no pool is a walk away fast.... but ... what about what else you get.... I say you can add everything you want but more land... you can always put a pool in..
And everything can most likely be changed/added except the Location, Location, Location! I agree with the land statement too.

Reactions: DWC

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I would agree.

Out of the ones listed Gleneagles would be my first pick. But honestly i don’t see the 1.3 to 1.5 mil for either especially the one on a busy street that has the yellow lines.
I don't see any where that there's a pool,.. but... heres my pros and cons... ..pros... new home, built nice.... cons... HOA... cramped to neighbors and no yard.. up hill driveway and....GOLF BALLS"... never again for me...living there you couldn't add on.... and no place to work on stuff..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
And everything can most likely be changed/added except the Location, Location, Location! I agree with the land statement too.
of the ones listed.... only one is an estate property.. with 2 homes, and room to add a work shop with plenty of parking.... the rest are built to the hilt curb homes...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
A big part of this thread is I'm losing the argument....my wife says add a pool... says the kids don't wanna go there cause there is no pool... I say It won't make the house worth more vs the cost,.. plus it's a waist of water.. that and you would have to add another meter , or the water bill is crazy..

I'm gonna bet that in the near future.... people with grass and pools are gonna be paying the lions share for water...they're gonna the lower the gallons per person, and charge extreme penalties for going over...

Singleton

Reaction score
A big part of this thread is I'm losing the argument....my wife says add a pool... says the kids don't wanna go there cause there is no pool... I say It won't make the house worth more vs the cost,.. plus it's a waist of water.. that and you would have to add another meter , or the water bill is crazy..

I'm gonna bet that in the near future.... people with grass and pools are gonna be paying the lions share for water...they're gonna the lower the gallons per person, and charge extreme penalties for going over...

When we were looking the wife said a pool is a must. We have young kids (not in HS) and kids getting ready to have kids. Knowing grandkids could visit us changed the requirement list. Yellow line on street was a solid NO. Location, deal, etc did not matter - yellow line was a no. No grass was a requirement as well. We did not want a high maintenance yard in Havasu.

best value is in the hand of the buyer. What I think is overpriced, etc, could be what someone else is looking for.

We have decided that Havasu will not be our retirement location, since it does not allow us to get outside and do what the wife prefers. Plus our older kids have told us the traveling we did (visiting National and State parks) was awesome and they are shocked how many have not visited those. That said, we are now planning on a location within a few hours of multiple state and National parks, so our grandkids can experience those same types of adventures.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My first pick is the one in Mena Arkansas..oh wait…never mind!

Reactions: DLC

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Here is the most important things I would be looking for in this price range -

1.) Location - I don't want to spend 30 minutes driving to the ramp, grocery store, restaurants, etc. Also don't want to be on a busy street.
2.) View - No way would I want to look out into my backyard and see a wall. I want a freaking view and at over a million in Havasu, I think that is definitely possible
3.) Garage - Big ass RV garage is not negotiable
4.) Pool - For these price points, I don't care if the house is the greatest house ever with the best lot....blah blah blah....it may even have gold floors in it. If there isn't a pool, I am not even stepping inside.

Gleneagles checks the boxes, especially being on a culdesac and the position of the lot on the golf course will make it very rare to see any golf balls in your yard. Casper is just a bad ass compound. Lacks the view, but is a 5 bedroom and on a really nice residential estates street.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
All of these are crappy homes for various reasons

Palo verde, major street. Very gaudy decorations. Dated

Desireto verde, beautiful house. New modern. No pool for over a million give me a break.

Granada, no pool for over a million very dated.

Yucca is one of the worst on the list. 1.5 and is 20 years old inside. Needs a complete internal makeover. Floors, counters, cabbinets bathrooms ect.,

Nelson, house is good but zero backyard not even big enough for a pool and at 1.5 sorry no deal

Gleneagles and Casper are the best deals on these houses. Still over valued at the moment but not horrible like the others.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

Desireto verde, beautiful house. New modern. No pool for over a million give me a break.

Yucca is one of the worst on the list. 1.5 and is 20 years old inside. Needs a complete internal makeover. Floors, counters, cabbinets bathrooms ect.,

Nelson, house is good but zero backyard not even big enough for a pool and at 1.5 sorry no deal

Gleneagles and Casper are the best deals on these houses. Still over valued at the moment but not horrible like the others.
nelson has 2 house's... a huge empty lot , room for a pool, parking behind the wall.. rv garage... plans for a rv garage work shop with casita, a rv pad with full hook ups,... parking for 20 motor homes...... look at the areal photos....plus it has a legal 1300 per mo. income unit we live there $$$ free.... I was gonna put a pool where the red chat is............

4a272453b63a7afefa65b6268badc426-cc_ft_576.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

not all homes will be like the "COWBOY" house....

Tank

Reaction score
if it cost 600k plus to build the home, and 300k for the lot.????
So my math is correct. Worth 900k. 1.5 minus 600k is 900k 😁

I know you didn't pay 300k for your "lot" as it was a package deal ;)

I'm just yankin' your chain anyway. But I think everyone would agree pricing in havasu is WAY inflated and a bit out of control. I find it difficult to swallow a home in havasu on a average lot is over a million. I'd be VERY nervous buying at that price.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Negatives -

They're all about 600k over priced.
I personaly wouldn't buy any of them... but here's one with a pool and huge yard...... only thing bad for me is that they sucked the house to the front... and left all that space that you can't get to..... i like to be able to pull my truck and boat out to the front and park on my drive way, or have parking for guests and such...oh, and only 2 bth... the third bath access from the rear patio is pretty much a must,... or guys will piss in the corner.... or all over the bath floor in the house... here's an rdp challenge.... stand up with your shoulders to the wall..... can you see your dick??? if not,... you need to sit when you piss....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So my math is correct. Worth 900k. 1.5 minus 600k is 900k 😁

I know you didn't pay 300k for your "lot" as it was a package deal ;)

I'm just yankin' your chain anyway. But I think everyone would agree pricing in havasu is WAY inflated and a bit out of control. I find it difficult to swallow a home in havasu on a average lot is over a million. I'd be VERY nervous buying at that price.
that must be why Zillow only valued my home at $1,310,700..... I tryed buying that place the secound I seen it..... lol that was a steal.... after I started devolping it... every booooody wanted it for what I paid.... some even asked.... how mush do you have to make to just walk away.... but that was 2.5 years ago... I think that all of them are nuts....but I'll let them lead... I'm allready goofy.....lol... might as well have a wheel barrow of cash.... right...

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Well since you threw one of my listings in on Avienda Desierto Verde, I’ll chime in and defend it! Brand new Kelco home with Double RV garage. 4 bedrooms/3 bath in the Arroyps! $100/year HOA for a fabulous community of new homes. I have sold several RDP members homes on this street and they all love it. This particular home sits on an oversized lot with room to add a pool, casita, cabana or just about anything your heart desires. I had this home in escrow and my clients decided to go with something larger. But it’s a fantastic home.

We will be hosting an Open House/ RDP get together with food and drinks there the Friday of Memorial Weekend for all of you to come see for yourself! I should have the details out by tomorrow and will post for all of you to see!

List your million dollar homes with RDP! We will pull out all the stops to make sure your home gets SOLD!

Stacy Johnson
Team RDP
928-706-4200

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
I personaly wouldn't buy any of them... but here's one with a pool and huge yard...... only thing bad for me is that they sucked the house to the front... and left all that space that you can't get to..... i like to be able to pull my truck and boat out to the front and park on my drive way, or have parking for guests and such...oh, and only 2 bth... the third bath access from the rear patio is pretty much a must,... or guys will piss in the corner.... or all over the bath floor in the house... here's an rdp challenge.... stand up with your shoulders to the wall..... can you see your dick??? if not,... you need to sit when you piss....

That place is gangster! Access to the rear yard (via veh) through the RV garage and through the back field. Major down side is WAY up on the east end of town and it's on McCulloch (main thoroughfare)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Nobody noticed one of these belongs to ‘ole 2FF?
you didn't read post 12???
Well since you threw one of my listings in on Avienda Desierto Verde, I’ll chime in and defend it! Brand new Kelco home with Double RV garage. 4 bedrooms/3 bath in the Arroyps! $100/year HOA for a fabulous community of new homes. I have sold several RDP members homes on this street and they all love it. This particular home sits on an oversized lot with room to add a pool, casita, cabana or just about anything your heart desires. I had this home in escrow and my clients decided to go with something larger. But it’s a fantastic home.

We will be hosting an Open House/ RDP get together with food and drinks there the Friday of Memorial Weekend for all of you to come see for yourself! I should have the details out by tomorrow and will post for all of you to see!

List your million dollar homes with RDP! We will pull out all the stops to make sure your home gets SOLD!

Stacy Johnson
Team RDP
928-706-4200

nothing to defend there... thats a bad ass home... they set it back enought to have both a nice roomy front and huge rear... all new and tastefully done..hope there is room on the side to drive in the rear??? I'd rather buy this than any of them and be able to do it my way, rater than.... why did they put the pool here, ect....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
That place is gangster! Access to the rear yard (via veh) through the RV garage and through the back field. Major down side is WAY up on the east end of town and it's on McCulloch (main thoroughfare)
you ever had a home that you had to do that??? our home on sabino was that way... what a pain in the ass moving every thing to get back there.. we got the home built and had to put plywood down so the bob cats didn't fuc up the floor...

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
you didn't read post 12???

nothing to defend there... thats a bad ass home... they set it back enought to have both a nice roomy front and huge rear... all new and tastefully done..hope there is room on the side to drive in the rear??? I'd rather buy this than any of them and be able to do it my way, rater than.... why did they put the pool here, ect....
Plenty of room to access through rear on the left side of the home. I can’t wait to see this home when someone puts their finishing touches on it.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

Stacy Johnson
Team RDP
928-706-4200

I love the house but 1.3 million for a house and a unfinished yard/walls. I think it’s 544$/sqft. Hard pill to swallow. If it had a pool, walls ect. 1.3 would be perfect price I think.

Gonna need 200-300k in walls and a badass pool/backyard to complete. That puts this as 1.5/1.6. Pretty steep for havasu.

I’m now expert but that is my .02.

Btw the home is perfect.

Tank

Reaction score
you ever had a home that you had to do that??? our home on sabino was that way... what a pain in the ass moving every thing to get back there.. we got the home built and had to put plywood down so the bob cats didn't fuc up the floor...
I haven't and I totally get what you're saying. I'd prefer to have access down the side of the house as well. At least they have access through the rear lot but still not ideal.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Plenty of room to access through rear on the left side of the home. I can’t wait to see this home when someone puts their finishing touches on it.
unless there is a pue back there,... you could do a second building 5' off the rear line.... that'd be way cool...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I love the house but 1.3 million for a house and a unfinished yard/walls. I think it’s 544$/sqft. Hard pill to swallow. If it had a pool, walls ect. 1.3 would be perfect price I think.

Gonna need 200-300k in walls and a badass pool/backyard to complete. That puts this as 1.5/1.6. Pretty steep for havasu.

I’m now expert but that is my .02.

Btw the home is perfect.
that double rv garage will make the medicine go down easy

Tank

Reaction score
BOOM!! centrally located. 4 bedrooms, double RV and pool. not on main street. Still cringe at anything in havasu over a mil but bang for the buck to comps is there.

And here's RV Garage pool, off beaten path. for under a mil.

Kinda like this one too.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Yes!!! This house for 950-1050 is perfect. Should be 1.3 with a finished backyard pool

I must be getting old.
I can’t justify spending more in Havasu then what I spent when I purchased my 2400sf house 1 mile from the beach in Carlsbad. Plus, I can’t figure out how these houses are priced only 200-300k less then what my house could be sold for today. IMO, high 6 figure, 7 figures in Havasu makes very limited sense.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So sometimes in places like Havasu things make sense even when they don’t make sense..

I Just filmed a mobile that they want 330 for.. at first I was like “no way” because I look at it as a primary or secondary home..

But when you think of the lack of long term rentals, and the fact you could short term rent it.. all of a sudden it pencils pretty quick.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
BOOM!! centrally located. 4 bedrooms, double RV and pool. not on main street. Still cringe at anything in havasu over a mil but bang for the buck to comps is there.

And here's RV Garage pool, off beaten path. for under a mil.

Kinda like this one too.

Of all those I’d take my house for a mill over any of em..

Tank

Reaction score
Of all those I’d take my house for a mill over any of em..
I've always told you I love your house. Everything about it is perfect. But I'd rather take it for what you paid back then. All things being equal, the market out there when you purchased was relative, unlike it is now.

Englewood

Reaction score
Casper or Glen Eagle. We love being in RE area.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
They are all grossly over priced. I’d never pay that kind of money to live in Havasu. No fucking way. Sorry. There are no jobs to support these prices when the economy turns. None are unique or irreplaceable. None are waterfront with their own dock. Good luck sustaining these prices. 🤷🏼‍♂️

TCHB

Reaction score
They are all grossly over priced. I’d never pay that kind of money to live in Havasu. No fucking way. Sorry. There are no jobs to support these prices when the economy turns. None are unique or irreplaceable. None are waterfront with their own dock. Good luck sustaining these prices. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I agree!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
We were all about retiring in Havasu but with the recent price increases, we decided to look other places before we decide.

Could we do it? Yes
Is it worth it? IDK

2Driver

Reaction score

Stacy Johnson
Team RDP
928-706-4200

Nice but 2FF's home has room for 18 more RVs 😉