WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rate Trump's Speech

JRS1939

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what you guys thought. Don't blow it up with conversation and discussion. Flat out just reply with your grade A to F....

RCDave

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what you guys thought. Don't blow it up with conversation and discussion. Flat out just reply with your grade A to F....

No mention of smaller govt, federalism, constitution, real policy, etc.

D

MOUZER

Reaction score
A+ our last chance or were screwed :thumbsup:thumbsup

MSum661

Reaction score
A+

Nobody here could have done it better.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
A for sure. What more could a Dem want explained

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
A+ A man with balls that says what needs to be said and not pandering to all the special interest and bleeding heart liberals. I'm sure all you liberals will dispute and worse yet all you dumb fucking so call republicans on this site that still want to bash our candidate (you know who you are We see you fucks on here every day bashing Trump.OUR ONLY HOPE) and won't get behind him will have your nay say also.

BigSteve

Reaction score
A+ A State of the Union overview and a solution of American workers working !

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't watch it, because politics are no different than the WWE. Nothing will get better regardless of who the president is. The game is rigged.

[video=youtube;hYIC0eZYEtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI[/video]

530RL

Reaction score
With respect to selling to the base, A.

With respect to the Constitution, F.

Perfect speech for the base, not a good speech with respect to the founding fathers. However I admit he could become President. After all, his opposition is HRC.

shueman

Reaction score
Same old RNC distortions ...

trump-nightmare.jpg

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
A + He did a Babe Ruth, pointed to the crowd and hit it out of the stadium.:thumbsup:D
GettyImages-505698486.jpg

RodnJen

Reaction score
He as much said he wants tax-exempt status for every Mosque in America.

EDIT: "C"

ATKpilot

Reaction score
Solid A, no + because it could have been 10-15 minutes shorter

Faceaz

Reaction score
C
I would explain but the OP requested no discussion.

Same here, overall a C.

If he eliminated 75% of the times he said Law & Order & instead went into the smallest amount of detail on how he intends to accomplish things, it could have been much better.

He failed at pulling independents & from across the isle though. He doubled down on the base, but already has 100% of their vote. He needed to broaden the audience & I don't think he did it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
His daughter did a better job, there is much more to a speech than reading words from the TelePrompTer. He just couldn't get in a rhythm and build the energy of the crowd, it was like start stop start stop, hard to watch.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
His daughter did a better job, there is much more to a speech than reading words from the TelePrompTer.

Well put. He should take some advice from that lunatic Clinton. That women can lie and tell a story like no other, TelePrompTer or not. Millions of sheep are leaping off the cliff with her because she's so good at it.

I rate his speech a C+. He's much more fun to watch when he doesn't have a TelePrompTer. They should've let him off his leash. I would paid to watch then [emoji106]

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
C, but the beauty is......................................it will all be forgotten by next week. :D

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
C, but the beauty is......................................it will all be forgotten by next week. :D

They're already camped out waiting for how much free shit their vote will buy [emoji106]

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Kinda like having the homecoming pep rally in the summer when the kids are out of school. No one will remember any of this convention or the DNCs in Nov. :D

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Well put. He should take some advice from that lunatic Clinton. That women can lie and tell a story like no other, TelePrompTer or not. Millions of sheep are leaping off the cliff with her because she's so good at it.

I rate his speech a C+. He's much more fun to watch when he doesn't have a TelePrompTer. They should've let him off his leash. I would paid to watch then [emoji106]

And here I thought he did a pretty good job not reading from it...

Once things calm down so will he.

I give it a B. I would go B+ but he's orange.

I will say if elected the do-nothings are in deep shit. They will either have to work or die stealing your shit.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I thought I was watching a WWE Macho/Hogan promo.... :D

His inflection, accenting, and dramatic pausing was pure drama, populist, blowharding. I'm not talking substance here, just delivery, imagine watching if you didn't speak or understand English.

Substance wise, he did a great job of baby facing and pandering to all the long time left outers of the GOP, minorities and the inner city problems unemployement issues that go hand in hand, and Gays especially, he even acknowledged it when the crowd cheered "You don't know how happy i am to hear that response from a room full of republicans" or something to that sort. He made probably the best effort possible to lure any fragments of the Sanders supporters over. and cut some hard promos on Obama, and HRC, over their failed policy etc....

Probably the most 'inclusive' speech given by a republican presidential candidate in a long time, but the divide is so great that the people on the left refuse to acknowledge or concede that. Just look at your facebook feeds this morning. It's 100% for, or 100% against, no middle of the road. It would be refreshing for someone to come out and say "Hey you know what, whether you believe him or not, it's nice to at least see an olive branch extended to those that have been supposedly shunned/neglected by the party"

All over my facebook leftist supporters still call him a racist, homophobic, misogynist. Which just goes to show the tow the line, repeat the narrative mentality of the public.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I thought I was watching a WWE Macho/Hogan promo.... :D

His inflection, accenting, and dramatic pausing was pure drama, populist, blowharding. I'm not talking substance here, just delivery, imagine watching if you didn't speak or understand English.

Substance wise, he did a great job of baby facing and pandering to all the long time left outers of the GOP, minorities and the inner city problems unemployement issues that go hand in hand, and Gays especially, he even acknowledged it when the crowd cheered "You don't know how happy i am to hear that response from a room full of republicans" or something to that sort. He made probably the best effort possible to lure any fragments of the Sanders supporters over. and cut some hard promos on Obama, and HRC, over their failed policy etc....

Probably the most 'inclusive' speech given by a republican presidential candidate in a long time, but the divide is so great that the people on the left refuse to acknowledge or concede that. Just look at your facebook feeds this morning. It's 100% for, or 100% against, no middle of the road. It would be refreshing for someone to come out and say "Hey you know what, whether you believe him or not, it's nice to at least see an olive branch extended to those that have been supposedly shunned/neglected by the party"

All over my facebook leftist supporters still call him a racist, homophobic, misogynist. Which just goes to show the tow the line, repeat the narrative mentality of the public.
I didn't care much for his lack of style but I think it was planned to a large extent. He gave more of a sterile rendition of what he plans and really didn't offer any substance on how. He mentioned vaguely and clumsily minorities and special interests like the gays in what I view as a form of reaching out.

The gay part was pretty mushy and somewhat insincere, but a start I suppose. Keep in mind he had the religious conservative segment in house to consider plug not making Pence's obvious "G-Negative" position to keep covered. I just got the feeling he was going through the motions to survive what could have been a huge circus of bad publicity to overcome later. And all the convention really means to his campaign, was the official nomination part. With the outright division in the party, Trump was smart enough to realize, this was the period of time to stay low key personally and keep things simple. The family, Pence, and common folk testimonies brought far more positive to his quest than an invigorated typical "burn the mofucker to the ground" Trump tirade.......This chapter is complete and leaves him in a position to turn up the heat and hit the campaign trail hard with speeches targeting specific audiences more than the entire general public watching from around the nation.

That is why a gave him a soft B overall, as I think he got all he could out of the convention. If he'd tried to shamelessly win over support from the party, wary supporters, and opposing on the fence types, I believe he would have failed miserably like Cruz did to himself.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
And here I thought he did a pretty good job not reading from it...

Once things calm down so will he.

I give it a B. I would go B+ but he's orange.

I will say if elected the do-nothings are in deep shit. They will either have to work or die stealing your shit.

If Trump is elected do you think they'll rename any plane he flies on "Hair Force One?"

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
If Trump is elected do you think they'll rename any plane he flies on "Hair Force One?"

Didn't Hawaiian Airlines have a plane where the top came off in flight?

Trump has a comb-over that's more complicated than our current state of economy.

spectras only

Reaction score
If I'd have to give a grade on any of Trump's or Hillary's speeches, I'd give Trump an A, Hillary F. Can't stand the old hack's voice, it's even worse than Bernie's:p:D