WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rats! Wheeler was right!

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Hanging out with Wheeler the other day, somehow pest control came up. I have empty lots on other side of my house and see rats running around at night, so I want to take care of the problem. I mentioned how I tried some stuff called Rat X, that they would not even eat. I checked with the company that makes the stuff, they sent me some stuff to spray on it to attract them, still none got eaten.

Anyway, Wheeler told me to get some of this stuff from Ace Hardware here in Parker. I ran baling wire through a couple of pieces so they couldn't just run off with it, and both pieces were totally consumed last night, so I expect the dead bodies will be piling up soon.

Wheeler apparently knows his rats!

https://www.justonebitebrand.com/all-products/just-one-bite-ii-bar

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
LOl… this is awesome. It is so good, we can't even use it in California. Why am I not surprised?

"Not permitted for use against this species in California"

rivergames

Reaction score
Fill a 5 gallon bucket up with water. Get a couple of these plastic hinge traps. Bait them up. It works and it works well

1589904530678.png

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Hanging out with Wheeler the other day, somehow pest control came up. I have empty lots on other side of my house and see rats running around at night, so I want to take care of the problem. I mentioned how I tried some stuff called Rat X, that they would not even eat. I checked with the company that makes the stuff, they sent me some stuff to spray on it to attract them, still none got eaten.

Anyway, Wheeler told me to get some of this stuff from Ace Hardware here in Parker. I ran baling wire through a couple of pieces so they couldn't just run off with it, and both pieces were totally consumed last night, so I expect the dead bodies will be piling up soon.

Wheeler apparently knows his rats!

https://www.justonebitebrand.com/all-products/just-one-bite-ii-bar

Wheeler is a Parkerbilly at heart. 😉

NicPaus

Reaction score
We have a infestation at Echo. They dumped 30 of the old campers from big bend in our back lot when they cleaned up there. They are full of rats. I just bought 8 lbs of rat poison. Rattlers all over our park from the rats. In CA you have to buy it in 4 lb boxes is new law. Buying it at Ace in Parker is $$ its $13lb if i recall but works.

Taboma

Reaction score
LOl… this is awesome. It is so good, we can't even use it in California. Why am I not surprised?

"Not permitted for use against this species in California"

The One Bite website shows several feed stores around Escondido carry it --- but, CA restrictions claim only licensed pros ??
They do show Wagner Tack and Feed in Havasu carrying it, might have to check that out.
San Diego county pest control used to sell some awesome stuff, but got outlawed and they stopped.
Wonder if Ace in Havasu carries it ?? Can always stop by Ace in Parker going or coming --- cool !!

obnoxious001

Reaction score
We have a infestation at Echo. They dumped 30 of the old campers from big bend in our back lot when they cleaned up there. They are full of rats. I just bought 8 lbs of rat poison. Rattlers all over our park from the rats. In CA you have to buy it in 4 lb boxes is new law. Buying it at Ace in Parker is $$ its $13lb if i recall but works.
$7.99 for the package at ACE. Guess it was a pound.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Fill a 5 gallon bucket up with water. Get a couple of these plastic hinge traps. Bait them up. It works and it works well

View attachment 878124
Yeah, I have watched various Youtube videos on how to make your own rat and mouse killers and traps. Might have to do some of those too, it's war now. Neighbor cleaned up his place and even though he shot some with a pellet gun, they are still running around. I have been at the other neighbors and seen them running past the slider at night too, don't need them doing that at my place!

Hey, what if my size rats require a 55 gallon drum?

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
I use the same chemical, it works good. IT takes a day or so but the cool thing is it dehydrates them so if they are in your garage when you are not there you just find a mini bear rug sort of thing.

You need to put in in a bait box so other animals or pets don't get to it.

I buy mine by the 5 gallon pale, only its called Contrac from "do my own pest control" .com

rivergames

Reaction score
Yeah, I have watched various Youtube videos on how to make your own rat and mouse killers and traps. Might have to do some of those too, it's war now. Neighbor cleaned up his place and even though he shot some with a pellet gun, they are still running around. I have been at the other neighbors and seen them running past the slider at night too, don't need them doing that at my place!

Luckily you have the room for some 55 gallon drums. Therefore, you just need to make a bigger planks! ;)

obnoxious001

Reaction score
I wired up another 2oz bar maybe less than 3 hours ago, it's completely gone, with the wire still there. Looks like this stuff is working well so far!

NicPaus

Reaction score
I put out a pound wired in place. Gone. 2 more days and the bodies will start showing up!

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Not the river rats I like to hang out with.

Might need to try this to change it up. Stuff I have was working but now they’ve set up a home in the bait box. Brought in rocks & leaves and even a radiator clamp.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you poison them they are gonna die all over the place and start stinking up the joint.. Then if anything eats them it gets poisoned as well. I found the old school Victor rat traps to be amazingly effective.. Grew up in a Canyon and it was basically the killing fields.. LOL.

I have seen those bucket traps where the guy makes a roller and when they try to walk to the bait they fall in.

I have also seen a rat Walk right up the side of one of my plastic trashcans outside (don't ask me?) but they don't see to have much problem with walking up walls / smooth plastic either? I'm guessing the water in the bottom makes it slippery where they can't do that, as well as drowns them.. Kind of a shitty way to go, but they are rats after all.

RD

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Dam rats are bringing snails under the hood of my truck and eating them on the plastic cover that goes over the intake. Neighbor has an overgrown yard with a shitload of snails. I cleaned out the shells Sunday and there were 6 more this morning. Any suggestions?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Dam rats are bringing snails under the hood of my truck and eating them on the plastic cover that goes over the intake. Neighbor has an overgrown yard with a shitload of snails. I cleaned out the shells Sunday and there were 6 more this morning. Any suggestions?

There’s only one choice....

55321A98-CF9A-4EDA-BDBB-E28B297E0DF5.gif

rightytighty

Reaction score
Really small forks and cups of melted butter, so the rats can fully enjoy their Escargot?

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Snails are in the neighbors yard, but that's what I'm was thinking. Maybe I could park a pinto in the driveway and rear end it.

hman442

Reaction score

You can build the bucket trap yourself. Take a board to make a ramp up, drill a hole in the end and in the top edge of bucket, fasten with a nylon wire tie. Trim a paint stick so it just reaches across the bucket on the inner top edge. Drill holes in the ends and the top edge, fasten with the wire ties. Put peanut butter on the far end from the ramp. Tie the paint stick loose enough so when the rat gets in the middle the paint stick rolls, rest falls in..splash. I caught six in one night..

Reactions: DWC

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Snail bait is helping. I put 3 small containers with sponges soaked in Odoban under the hood and another 2 on each front tire. No sign of any visitors in 4 nights. Odoban is a eucalyptus scented disinfectant we found at the home depot. You can smell it as you pass the truck. Rats are not supposed to like strong scents. Seems to be working.

LazyLavey

Reaction score

Thats great!! When I catch one in a good old fashion trap and they're still alive I teach them how to swim in a bucket of water.... poor devils don't catch on very quick....

LazyLavey

Reaction score

Had the same issue in RV and Truck

Lights will keep them rodents away

Clean the area with good cleanser, spray a mist of WD-40 and put a LED strip in the engine compartment.

Worked for me