WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rattle Snake

NicPaus

Reaction score
Just had a few ladies stop by and ask if I could take care of a snake for them. Rivergames you in Parker looking for a late night taco dinner. I got the head separate in a plastic container. Not sure what to do with the body. Don't feel like skinning it or cooking it this late.
20190507_223316.jpg
20190507_223312.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Trash can for the body, a really deep hole in the middle of the desert for the head.

Wizard29

Really a 34 Eliminator
Reaction score
I've already killed two in Yorba Linda this year, one while on a mountain bike ride and another on Monday under the hedges near my yard. My neighbor got bit on the foot a couple of weeks ago while moving stuff in his garage. Ambulance ride and two nights in the hospital. Total bill for his insurance to pay was about $114,000.

Looks like it might be a good year for these things after all the rain we've had. Stay aware and watch your pets too.

playdeep

Reaction score
Looks like a Mojave Green......Yikes!!
Those phuckers are aggressive...
Couple weeks ago I'm trail running in the foothills by my house.
I see a green thing stretched across the trail.Thinking it's a tree branch I run up on it.
It immediately goes into strike mode&I set a world high jump record.
Closest I've ever come to getting bitten.
I'm told that they're territorial...so I don't go near that area anymore...

outboardrick

Reaction score
Not a Mohave Green. Black ring closest to rattles is usually black on a Western Diamondback and white on a Mohave Green. So I believe it's a Western Diamondback!
Possibly, but the Diamond back usually has a more pronounced "coon tail". I've been told that some species are inner breading.... Don't know.

outboardrick

Reaction score
Those phuckers are aggressive...
Couple weeks ago I'm trail running in the foothills by my house.
I see a green thing stretched across the trail.Thinking it's a tree branch I run up on it.
It immediately goes into strike mode&I set a world high jump record.
Closest I've ever come to getting bitten.
I'm told that they're territorial...so I don't go near that area anymore...
The first one I had in my yard reared up and started hissing at me when I got close enough to see what it was.... Now I stay just within bird shot range :)

NicPaus

Reaction score
Different breed than last one I killed. Was close to where they killed a striped one last year. Lady called it a Mitchell's gold rattler never heard of it. She said there has been a lot of them by her house in temecula this year. We have a major rat infestation in our storage in the abandoned trailers. Going to add a few more outside lights here.