WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rattlesnake at Pirates

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
9D03631A-363A-4D84-9B10-B2F1F07B1D15.jpeg
8FF7DDD5-D54F-4BC3-8CDC-E0F565DF6EA0.jpeg
Swimming in the channel towards the beach.

77charger

Reaction score
Cousin sent me a vid of one at Naci I didn’t think they could swim fast is all I’ll say.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
That a could be a stick but until it's chopped smashed crushed pulverized into a smoothie. ITS A EFFING RATTLER THAT WAS STRIKING AT ER BODY WHILE SWIMMING!!

rrrr

Reaction score
There are some pictures you just don't show your wife.

Many years ago I was on Lake Houston skiing with my ex-wife and friends. My ex was in the water with a ski and rope when I pointed out a rat snake swimming toward her. I couldn't help myself, it was one of those perfect setups.

Lemme tell you, Jesus didn't have anything compared to my blonde Texan shopaholic. She came out of the water and flew her ass back into the boat. I was laughing so hard I was crying, and she didn't say two words to me the rest of the day. It was fuggin' priceless.

Last edited:

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I knew it was on here somewhere. Watch how fast this thing swims.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Wife came in the other day and said "We have a rattle snake in the water by our docks" I said no way, went out and looked, sure enough there is a rattler stuck between some rocks below our dock.....dead for sure but really surprised me.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Here snakey snakey... playing with a fat gopher snake, Irvine Regional Park ( Calif)

Attachments

• KVID0729.mp4
    73.9 MB

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wife came in the other day and said "We have a rattle snake in the water by our docks" I said no way, went out and looked, sure enough there is a rattler stuck between some rocks below our dock.....dead for sure but really surprised me.
North of your place, where the rock jetties start, a little south of Car Beach, there used to be 1 or 2 snakes that would swim across the river! Like little Loch Ness monsters. Swam almost straight across, they understood the currents, much faster than a person.
The beavers were the coolest though. Haven't seen them in a long time though.

liv4riv

Reaction score
I think this was a left over from some movie that was filmed in the area.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Rattlesnakes at Pleasant, Pirate's, Parker and near Needles.
Put this stuff all over social media! Big headline "Snake Infestation On Colorado River"
Propaganda to keep people home this year!

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I've been struck at once and about shit my pants! Dumped 4 rounds of .357 at that F'r...only 3 were shot :oops:
I killed one at White Sands missile stallion base over 6’ and as big as round as my arm , head was 5” across he almost got me with in “s , base fire told us if you get tagged you chopper out or you don’t make it 😳

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I was cruising by Blue Water during a PWC race. About a dozen racers on the course. As I was going by the west side, towards the toolies, I spotted a rattler, about 5'-6', heading right into the course. I hit the lights and siren and hauled ass in to the middle of the course, throwing up as big of a wake as I could, so they'd shut down the race. Ended up snagging the snake with a boat hook and heaving it about 30 feet into the middle of the toolies.

After they started up the race again, the number of racers had dropped by half.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Forget watching that video, no thanks. I also have snake shot. Learned that one hunting in Kansas with my brother in law. One time I was at his house going for a walk with my wife. I had my boots on luckily, I felt something heavy on my foot in the brush. F that, I high kicked so hard and fast out of that brush. Flung the damn snake so far. My wife is cracking up, im a football field away from her by now. Then we go hunting and thats when he teaches me to always carry snake shot.

Reactions: DWC

Taboma

Reaction score
Forget watching that video, no thanks. I also have snake shot. Learned that one hunting in Kansas with my brother in law. One time I was at his house going for a walk with my wife. I had my boots on luckily, I felt something heavy on my foot in the brush. F that, I high kicked so hard and fast out of that brush. Flung the damn snake so far. My wife is cracking up, im a football field away from her by now. Then we go hunting and thats when he teaches me to always carry snake shot.
What classifies as "Snake Shot" in Kansas ?
I'm just using 22 cal bird shot as my snake shot, because it's quiet and although a good size snake might require two rounds, it doesn't alarm any close neighbors.
Got another neighbor using 38 cal snake or bird shot, but that's noisy and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
If "Anaconda" shows up, then fuck it, I'll grab the 12 ga. 😂
A couple of years ago I bought an inexpensive 22 cal single action 6" revolver, it shoots snake / bird shot better than my old lever action rifle and no semi-auto (Like my 10/22) will cycle it. I did a 10 and 15 foot target test between a rifle and my 6" revolver and the revolver shot a much tighter pattern. I think it's due to the longer rifle barrel having more rifling, it tends to spread the pattern and leave the center of the pattern more void of shot.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
What classifies as "Snake Shot" in Kansas ?
I'm just using 22 cal bird shot as my snake shot, because it's quiet and although a good size snake might require two rounds, it doesn't alarm any close neighbors.
Got another neighbor using 38 cal snake or bird shot, but that's noisy and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
If "Anaconda" shows up, then fuck it, I'll grab the 12 ga. 😂
A couple of years ago I bought an inexpensive 22 cal single action 6" revolver, it shoots snake / bird shot better than my old lever action rifle and no semi-auto (Like my 10/22) will cycle it. I did a 10 and 15 foot target test between a rifle and my 6" revolver and the revolver shot a much tighter pattern. I think it's due to the longer rifle barrel having more rifling, it tends to spread the pattern and leave the center of the pattern more void of shot.
In this particular case it was a 357 revolver he carries on him specifically for snakes. Snake shot is basically bird shot in a handgun round just shoots pellets instead of a normal bullet.

Taboma

Reaction score
In this particular case it was a 357 revolver he carries on him specifically for snakes. Snake shot is basically bird shot in a handgun round just shoots pellets instead of a normal bullet.
Yup, shot pellets, same thing my 22 cal is, but I've never found it in 38 cal out west, sold out or not available online. The 38 snake shot my neighbor had, he'd bought it long ago.
Just wasn't sure what they used in Kansas.

500bbc

Reaction score
If your close ? They will let you know 😳
Not always. My SIL was at our place in Echo talking on the phone with my niece, she was leaning on a short wall when I walked out and saw a coiled rattler less than 3' from her feet. Told her not to look down but move to her left slowly, she looked down and freaked.:p Snake didn't rattle until I picked it up with a shovel.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Not always. My SIL was at our place in Echo talking on the phone with my niece, she was leaning on a short wall when I walked out and saw a coiled rattler less than 3' from her feet. Told her not to look down but move to her left slowly, she looked down and freaked.:p Snake didn't rattle until I picked it up with a shovel.
How long was the handle on said shovel???????????????

4Waters

Reaction score
You know, you're supposed to chop the head off with said shovel first.