WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RC Car storage system / charging station?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I saw someone on here built a pretty tricj way of storing RC cars and charging etc.. but I can’t remember what it entailed..

We are starting to get a little collection over here now and it’s time to move it all to the garage somewhere and setup charging etc.

Any ideas?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
rc1.jpg
rc2.jpg
rc3.jpg

Here you go....I love the grid wall stuff and all the stuff that works with it.

Nordie

Reaction score
If you're using LiPo batteries make sure to get some charging bags, they're much safe than they used to be. However those little batteries can definitely burn down a house.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
If you're using LiPo batteries make sure to get some charging bags, they're much safe than they used to be. However those little batteries can definitely burn down a house.
Or a dive bote with a bunch of divers aboard sleeping:( I got a lipo bag after reading that thread here, cheap and easy insurance.

wzuber

Reaction score
what hooks are you using for the cars? And how did ya hang the tv on grid wall?
Inlarge the pic....no g.w. behind the t.v.
Cars...a simple 16ga. Or 14 ga. "S" shaped wire on the axle's should suffice for car hanging.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
what hooks are you using for the cars? And how did ya hang the tv on grid wall?

I bought a ton of these as well as the baskets you see from the same place.

They bend pretty easy with a vise or tubing bender.

The axial stuff gets grabbed by the axels and the trophy trucks typically get grabbed by the rear bumper.
hooks.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
No XMAX? I got one a few years ago on fathers day. Pretty cool!!

I actually traded a RDP member years back for one...he gave me cash and a xmaxx for a honda civic. I drove the xmaxx a couple times and decided it was a terrible idea around the neighbor kids with a 6 year old behind the wheel. It was stupid fast and if it hit someone they are going to the er.....lol

Tank

Reaction score
I actually traded a RDP member years back for one...he gave me cash and a xmaxx for a honda civic. I drove the xmaxx a couple times and decided it was a terrible idea around the neighbor kids with a 6 year old behind the wheel. It was stupid fast and if it hit someone they are going to the er.....lol

I still kick myself for not buying it from you. Gave it away!

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Inlarge the pic....no g.w. behind the t.v.
Cars...a simple 16ga. Or 14 ga. "S" shaped wire on the axle's should suffice for car hanging.
correct...mounted tv to wall and built around it

Tank

Reaction score
A bunch are my kids...lol

Is it bad that i probably have 6 or more of the older stuff in the attic (clod buster,rc10.etc..)
Always wanted a cold buster. They were too expensive for me when I was a kid and now I can’t justify the price for old tech that’s just all nostalgia

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Want to sell the X Max? :D.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a ton of grid wall because we use it all for the trade shows.. It's all 2x8' though. Now I'm looking around the garage to see which wall is going to be the new RC Car station. LOL

RD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Ok Pole Tickler does have a good collection and a damn nice set-up it seems. Back when my uncle was super into RC he had a walk-in closet full of cars and parts. I'd always ask him to show me cause it was just so damn impressive. Even when I was a teenager. Shit, he made my brothers and I a complete set up with a second set of parts JUST from his spare Losi stuff

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk