WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

rd express tucson to havasu.

azsunfun

Reaction score
leaving tucson 2/14 travelling via, gila bend - buckeye - quartzite - parker - havasu. also have sei106 outdrive, lower needs work 300, revolution4 25p prop in box 500, revolution4 xp 24p new no box 600.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
leaving tucson 2/14 travelling via, gila bend - buckeye - quartzite - parker - havasu. also have sei106 outdrive, lower needs work 300, revolution4 25p prop in box 500, revolution4 xp 24p new no box 600.

Does the Gila bend route beat the new 202 south of south mountain now?

Reactions: DWC

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I8 Go north at Gila Bend to I10,

You don't want to go all the way to quartzite.

Take the exit that goes to Vicksburg.

Last edited:

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Google says the gila bend route is faster than the new 202…

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I8 Go north at Gila Bend to I10,

You don't want to go all the way to quartzite.

Take the exit that goes to Vicksburg.
Do this drive a lot from TX, and back. I run 10 all the way to the new 202, then out to quartzite and up. Better roads, and less traffic issues IMO.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Do this drive a lot from TX, and back. I run 10 all the way to the new 202, then out to quartzite and up. Better roads, and less traffic issues IMO.

The 202 was in planning stages the last time I made the trip, so it could be easier and faster (for now).

But I rarely saw another car between Vicksburg and Parker, and I got to avoid the armpit Quartzite.

YMMV and all that, as this has been several years ago.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
The 202 was in planning stages the last time I made the trip, so it could be easier and faster (for now).

But I rarely saw another car between Vicksburg and Parker, and I got to avoid the armpit Quartzite.

YMMV and all that, as this has been several years ago.

The road is rough in between Vicksburg and Parker, I always get stuck behind semi trucks on that road... and unless you are willing to speed through a couple of small towns with speed trap style speed zones it's mostly likely a wash... BUT I agree its a nice change of pace if you are patient and willing to roll the dice a bit, I will some times go that route.

I definitely like Vicksburg on the way back to Phx Metro, It seems to me that it smooths out the grade a bit versus the climb out of the Colorado river valley through Quartzite.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I prefer the Gila Bend route from Tucson hands-down. When the new 202 W. opened up it was cool for the first couple trips but the problem coming from Tucson is that you still have to go I-10 N/O Casa Grande across the Rez where it gets back down to 2 shit ass lanes and the accidents/fatalities are off the chart in that stretch. Im gonna head up nxt Wed for the Rockabilly dealio then stay 10ish days and wk on the Schiada.