WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RD, Since you are a Wake Boater now. My Tahoe Surf Event.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Man, nobody is going to let you live your new ski boat purchase down. hahaha

Thought I would share my day out on Tahoe yesterday. Every year, myself and another dealer throw a great surf event in Tahoe. I invite previous customers, customers to be and just folks interested in buying a new Nautique to see what it is all about. Had some sponsored riders out as well as people who have never tried it. Every new person we took got up first time and had an absolute blast.

Surfed all day and then we bought lunch for everyone at the West Shore Cafe. So much fun and weather couldn't have been better.

I brought a new 2019 Nautique G25. There were eight or nine other G series boats out with us.

20190717_144033.jpg

20190717_134402.jpg

20190717_091453.jpg

20190717_091107.jpg

20190717_080027.jpg

20190717_091449.jpg

What's missing on this new Nautique GS22? Yep, gas fillers. Pure electric surf boat. Testing has been going on in Tahoe for quite a few months. I knew about it for a while but become public yesterday.

And no, not sure who tied that fender on. hahaha.

20190717_081400.jpg
20190717_080829(0).jpg

Andy B.

Reaction score
Nice boat! Isn't that water freezing? I would have to be in a full wet suit but then again I don't stay in any water unless it's at least 80, i'll jump in but I won't float. Call me a wuss but age will do that to you.:D

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
What kind of wetsuit do you wear?

How do we see your hot wife in her wetsuit?

Just wondering.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Nice boat! Isn't that water freezing? I would have to be in a full wet suit but then again I don't stay in any water unless it's at least 80, i'll jump in but I won't float. Call me a wuss but age will do that to you.:D

It wasn't bad yesterday. About 65 degrees; so not terrible. Lucky, if you can surf at all you can stay pretty much out of the water. I never got my head wet and once you are finished with your run, just ride up to the platform.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
What kind of wetsuit do you wear?

How do we see your hot wife in her wetsuit?

Just wondering.

No wetsuit. I just had board shorts on ( I am not in the photos). Most people just wore bathing suits. Sun was blasting too, so you warmed up quickly. Honestly, I am not a Tahoe fan as it is usually too cold for me.

My lovely wife would have come as she usually does but there was no wi-fi so she couldn't work.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Those dude have big huevos...... that water is cold.

Now about your wife's wetsuit :p;)

Meaney77

Reaction score
Pretty cool concept of an electric boat, what is the range on something like that? Does the weight of the batteries make up the balast for the larger wakes (take in less water do to battery weight)?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Pretty cool concept of an electric boat, what is the range on something like that? Does the weight of the batteries make up the balast for the larger wakes (take in less water do to battery weight)?

I don't think so as they want it to run just like any other boat when ballast are not full. I do know the boat was out for about six hours with us surfing and never needed recharging. It can idle in on mode for days. hahahaha.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
This is how its done in Idaho when passing close to someones dock

View attachment 777121

I didn't think I posted any photos of us driving by docks.:rolleyes: But anyways, Tahoe is huge and we surfed in the middle of the lake and everyone we were with is cautious never to make multiple passes near anyone, near shore or near a home/dock or buoy, never drove around with ballast unless they were surfing. Every boater we were out with was respectful of other people and their surroundings. I can't say that for everyone as I read a lot of stories on here.

I would have swamped Zuckerburg though if I saw him out paddle boarding as we were very near his new home. :D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We were there last week. Water is cold but the air temp is in the 70's (max), so honestly at this time of year it doesn't feel much colder than the river above Pirates Cove

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I didn't think I posted any photos of us driving by docks.:rolleyes: But anyways, Tahoe is huge and we surfed in the middle of the lake and everyone we were with is cautious never to make multiple passes near anyone, near shore or near a home/dock or buoy, never drove around with ballast unless they were surfing. Every boater we were out with was respectful of other people and their surroundings. I can't say that for everyone as I read a lot of stories on here.

I would have swamped Zuckerburg though if I saw him out paddle boarding as we were very near his new home. :D
Which home is Zuckerbergs? We boated the entire NV side and a good portion of the CA side. Some amazing homes

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Looks like a cool event!

What’s the range on the electric one?

Dave, you are invited next year if you would like to go.

Not sure about range. Like I said, it was out six hours plus with us surfing most of the day and still was going.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Which home is Zuckerbergs? We boated the entire NV side and a good portion of the CA side. Some amazing homes

He bought up two huge lots that were for sale on the West Shore. Not quite exactly sure where they were, but I know we passed them.

oldschool

Reaction score
It wasn't bad yesterday. About 65 degrees; so not terrible. Lucky, if you can surf at all you can stay pretty much out of the water. I never got my head wet and once you are finished with your run, just ride up to the platform.
If yore any good you start and finish from the platform.

oldschool

Reaction score
How much of an up charge is the electric option? Nice boat by the way.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Is there a wake board boat out there that will go 55-60? My buddy who lives in Coeur D'Lane Idaho wants to wake surf but still likes to feel a little wind in his hair!:D I've heard top speed on most is 38-40 that won't cut it for him and he doesn't want two boats or a production boat like searay,larson etc.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
How much of an up charge is the electric option? Nice boat by the way.

Man, we are assuming double the price. A GS22 is 115 to 150k. So I would have to guess 200k, but I honestly have no clue.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Is there a wake board boat out there that will go 55-60? My buddy who lives in Coeur D'Lane Idaho wants to wake surf but still likes to feel a little wind in his hair!:D I've heard top speed on most is 38-40 that won't cut it for him and he doesn't want two boats or a production boat like searay,larson etc.

So the reverse drive boats would be the only option but I don't think any will do over 50mph. Correct Craft bought Bryant Boats and they look to be pretty sweet and surf decently. The Bryants are definitely a notch up from those you mentioned.

http://www.bryantboats.com/