WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RD...

SKIA36

Reaction score
Where's the Notta Regatta video from the sr22?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I'm going to edit up what I have tomorrow evening (waiting for my external hard drive to get back.. to download massive amounts of video + that's where all my mp3's are kept etc..)

Read the V-Drive section though.. I'm dissapointed right now to say the least. I got a couple good shots of your other 22 though that'll make the final cut..

RD

Mondorally

Reaction score

PM me your email address. I have a short clip of both the SR22 and the Red/Yellow 22' right after you guys left the Keys. I'll try and post it as well but feel free to have it and use it as you like.

-Justin

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
PM me your email address. I have a short clip of both the SR22 and the Red/Yellow 22' right after you guys left the Keys. I'll try and post it as well but feel free to have it and use it as you like.

-Justin

Justin, i have a couple of decent clips of your 27 as well, I'll try to get around to chopping them up tonight,

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I went through my video last night, and I got some of the SR22, and SKiA's other 22 making one pass by us. I'll edit them up after work tonight and get them up ASAP.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
22SchiadaPass.flv video by RiverDavesPlace - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid307.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid307.photobucket.com/albums/nn317/RiverDavesPlace/22SchiadaPass.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid307@@AMEPARAM@@307@@AMEPARAM@@nn317/RiverDavesPlace/22SchiadaPass

You can see some of the corruption i was talking about in this clip.. The clip is jumping around in time frames not becuase the camera was on and off.. but rather on digital cameras they record "tape position" and use it to reference on media players / editing etc.. near as I can tell.

Becuase the tape was bad, the video is jumping around in different spots. Just about everything after this clip is good though.. :)

I missed all my morning footage though. :( And the 2 or 3 accelleration passes of you guys in the 22 previous to this one.

After this segment the tape clears up for the most part.. Had a little issue with "glare" (Camera went into night mode or something?) but that was only for a bit in Lee's Schiada.

RD

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
You can get the idea...but I suggest you get a new tape/card for the summer and for the fall Schiada dinner deal. :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
how fast was he going?

Hard to say.. I was facing backwards when I was in the boat.. :D

In the 1st clip, I think that's when they picked up the pace a bit, so probably 60 - 70 mph? We were mainly just cruising the SR 22 (40 - 50'ish if I had to guess?)

In the first part of the 2nd clip that I put up, when he went by us, probably mid 80's (completely guessing here?)

You've been backwards in Richards boat.. It's hard to tell! :D always seems like your going slower then you are, when your facing the wrong direction..

RD

Jackpunx

Reaction score
Hard to say.. I was facing backwards when I was in the boat.. :D

In the 1st clip, I think that's when they picked up the pace a bit, so probably 60 - 70 mph? We were mainly just cruising the SR 22 (40 - 50'ish if I had to guess?)

In the first part of the 2nd clip that I put up, when he went by us, probably mid 80's (completely guessing here?)

You've been backwards in Richards boat.. It's hard to tell! :D always seems like your going slower then you are, when your facing the wrong direction..

RD

I was just curious... I have only been a few rides in these style boats.. None where I was able to see what everyone is talking about with regaurds to pushing through rough water at speed..
I know they can.. Ive seen in from my boat.. just never been in one (trust comes into play here..LOL .. Dave I know YOU know what im talking about)..
I was impressed with richards boat..
would love to see some accelleration , rough water and top speed footage ..
I would love to some day not have to worry about popping a drive.. Just a little apprehensive(sp?) about a V bottom.
Now I have seen Tony go really fast in his from the shore in a controlled environment.. But thats not a deep V

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well hopefully when you get out to the river this summer we can get ya a ride in one.. These deals are a little sensitive to setup though, so needless to say some run better then others.

My pop's 21 is an I/O so not nearly as good as a v-drive, but I can tell ya it'll run through really rough water better then anything else in it's size class that's an I/O as well.

I took Riverbound and Ryan for a ride in pretty rough stuff, and he seemed pretty impressed. ;)

RD

SKIA36

Reaction score
how fast was he going?
89mph on the gps recall, it had a 3 blade steel ski prop on it, nothing special. The 22 will run full throttle through 2' chop no problem. The sr22 will run 80 through afternoon chop without foaming your beer.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
89mph on the gps recall, it had a 3 blade steel ski prop on it, nothing special. The 22 will run full throttle through 2' chop no problem. The sr22 will run 80 through afternoon chop without foaming your beer.

Show off :beer

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Well hopefully when you get out to the river this summer we can get ya a ride in one.. These deals are a little sensitive to setup though, so needless to say some run better then others.

My pop's 21 is an I/O so not nearly as good as a v-drive, but I can tell ya it'll run through really rough water better then anything else in it's size class that's an I/O as well.

I took Riverbound and Ryan for a ride in pretty rough stuff, and he seemed pretty impressed. ;)

RD

Pop's 21 is a nice nice boat! thanks for putting me behind the wheel, that was my first time driving an i/o 21, quite a bit different from driving a v-drive one i imagine after a little seat time when you find the sweet spot for trim and tab you can get that thing running real sweet in some chop and wake. :thumbsup good stereo too!

BTW good little flyby video of SKIA36's 22 flying by. I'll get my video together today, i'm looking pretty slow at the shop today, i'll probably bail out early and get something together before i head out for my weekly thursday night beer fest :beer

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No worries.. I just finished clipping together what little footage I could recover from the SR22, and the other 22.. Got a grand total of 2 minutes of footage, but I made the best of it.

It's late and I'm beat.. so tomorrow I'll finish it up, and upload it. :)

RD