WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP Brain trust, need a referal for a personal injury lawyer for a dog bite

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a personal injury lawyer with experience litigating cases against a large CA company, specifically a dog bite case? One of my family members was bitten by a dog that the company was made aware of its aggressive nature, and yet they did nothing to address the issue. Fast forward 2 months later my nephew was confronted by the 2 dogs, and one came up behind him and bit him on the leg while he was walking home (company housing remote location). The company is now ignoring the bite and acting like nothing happened. Pm me if you like, thank you.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I have a family member that used Sweet James with very good results.

Blown Lavey

Reaction score
The company owns the dogs? Wtf?
No, the company owns the housing, the dogs belong to an employee and have been out multiple times. One of the employees had a run in with the dogs before and filed a complaint when they came after him and his kid. The company didn't do anything about it, and now my nephew got bit.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No, the company owns the housing, the dogs belong to an employee and have been out multiple times. One of the employees had a run in with the dogs before and filed a complaint when they came after him and his kid. The company didn't do anything about it, and now my nephew got bit.

Why not sue the employee? or the actual owner of the dogs?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well either way, maybe someone can pm ya a # or something..

Not sure the whole story so I won't make any judgements.. Hopefully your nephew is ok, and hopefully the dogs are either contained better or sent off to a better life.

RD

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I’ve handled personal injury cases most of my career. Sometimes I handle just a few at a time (while focusing on business clients) and other times, I contract my time out to a personal injury firm.

Now, I work with Sweet Lawyers out of Newport.

Feel free to call me at 714-769-9118. Or call directly to the number on the website.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’ve handled personal injury cases most of my career. Sometimes I handle just a few at a time (while focusing on business clients) and other times, I contract my time out to a personal injury firm.

Now, I work with Sweet Lawyers out of Newport.

Feel free to call me at 714-769-9118. Or call directly to the number on the website.

I thought you were a contractor.. LOL

RD

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Did he die. Then move on. Fucking sue happy America. Free meal ticket

I agree with this unless the bite caused serious trama/altered life etc.

Suing for medical expenses I get. Or if the person was unable to work because of the injury etc. Possible lost wages.

Anything else is bullshit. Everyone always going after deep pockets knowing the companies will always settle outside of court.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

You’ve got to be kidding. Sue happy? Meal ticket?
Kid got bit by a documented aggressive dog on company property. Are you saying that the kid has to be killed for it to have any significance?

It seems that some on here are not familiar with the dynamic of residing on company provided housing property.
Individuals are required to follow property rules...like an HOA on steroids.
Those who do not follow the rules and guidelines for residency lose the privilege of company provided (or subsidized) housing.
I have no idea who this company is, but I am very familiar with living on employer property, not the least of which was the US Government.
This employer, according to the OP, failed completely at addressing a reported and documented safety issue. IE: the dogs.
Anywhere I’ve been with employer housing the Dog owners would have had 2 choices after the first documented complaint. Remove the dogs, or leave the company housing property and get your own place elsewhere.
The dog owners generally will assume ZERO liability even though they are the dumbfucks that let the dogs out.
It is the employer that failed to secure the property that they provide to employees.
“Deep pockets” don’t have a fucking thing to do with it.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
don’t worry, a good lawyer will include them before it’s all over.

hope the kids wounds heals ok. 😔

Maybe.

My money says the “Company” eats it for failing to remove the documented unsafe conditions on their property...or the “Company” files a secondary suit against the dog owners separately...which would seem moot if they are liable for inaction.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Kid got bit by a documented aggressive dog on company property. Are you saying that the kid has to be killed for it to have any significance?

It seems that some on here are not familiar with the dynamic of residing on company provided housing property.
Those who do not follow the rules and guidelines for residency lose the privilege of company provided (or subsidized) housing.
I have no idea who this company is, but I am very familiar with living on employer property, not the least of which was the US Government.
This employer, according to the OP, failed completely at addressing a reported and documented safety issue. IE: the dogs.
Anywhere I’ve been with employer housing they would have had 2 choices after the first documented complaint. Remove the dogs, or leave the company housing property and get your own place elsewhere.
The dog owners generally will assume ZERO liability even though they are the dumbfucks that let the dogs out.
It is the employer that failed to secure the property that they provide to employees.

Some people think that PI is always a person getting in a fender bender and then asking for $1 million. They don’t realize how many people are involved in much more severe incidents that affect many aspects of their life. The insurance companies attempt to pay these injured people as little as possible.

Are there people just looking for a quick buck? Yes. Are there people whose lives are changed and barely see any financial recovery? Yes.

The system isn’t perfect but the insurance companies aren’t out there trying to make things right. I have plenty of stories.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I agree with this unless the bite caused serious trama/altered life etc.

Suing for medical expenses I get. Or if the person was unable to work because of the injury etc. Possible lost wages.

Anything else is bullshit. Everyone always going after deep pockets knowing the companies will always settle outside of court.

This OP has had 2 family members bit by the same dog/ dogs, all on their mutual employers property in a 2 month span.
Are you suggesting that they just keep getting bit and keep having the dog owners or their mutual employer just keep paying for stitches?

Based solely on what we’ve been told here, it seems that something has to be done to compel the employer to do something.

Another thing that sometimes plays out in company housing is, frankly, rank and seniority. As I read the OP it reminded me of instances where I’ve seen the “company” ignore similar situations because the offender was a big wig.
Saw that on both DoD and Oilfield housing properties.
It’s the only thing I can think of as to why they choose to ignore the issue, even after 2 instances.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Contact Vanessa Bryant. She's undoubtedly got a LONG list of lawyers that she's not using

Blown Lavey

Reaction score
To all the idiots that say did he live, die, then let it go, go f**k yourself. Kid is 8 years old gets 32 stitches, a life flight from a remote area, and is scared to death of dogs now to the point he has nightmares. So yes his dad is going after the company and the owner of the dogs. Company knew about the dogs, didn’t do shit, and let the owner let the dogs run loose without any regard for the kids around. What gets me about this place lately is all the keyboard warriors here now, someone asks for a referral for an abnormal life occurrence and instantly it’s sue happy, greed. I have been around since the Hot Boat days, met a lot of great people off this board, and have received a lot great advice, but the idiots seem to be breeding around here.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
To all the idiots that say did he live, die, then let it go, go f**k yourself. Kid is 8 years old gets 32 stitches, a life flight from a remote area, and is scared to death of dogs now to the point he has nightmares. So yes his dad is going after the company and the owner of the dogs. Company knew about the dogs, didn’t do shit, and let the owner let the dogs run loose without any regard for the kids around. What gets me about this place lately is all the keyboard warriors here now, someone asks for a referral for an abnormal life occurrence and instantly it’s sue happy, greed. I have been around since the Hot Boat days, met a lot of great people off this board, and have received a lot great advice, but the idiots seem to be breeding around here.

And now you see why I only log in and post about once a week these days.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Just curious did the dog get picked up by the animal shelter after the 1st bite. I know my Aussie dog nipped the neighbor kid years ago. He went to the hospital for a check up. Hospital said they had to report my dog. Animal shelter came and picked up my dog and she had to stay 4 days in doggie jail.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Happened to me when I was about 5. Went to an upholstery shop with my parents. The owners had a Cocker Spaniel who jumped and caught me in the lower lip. Stitched and a scar still there 65 years later. My parents got a couple hundred dollars for me. I grew out of the fear of dogs, but don't approach any dog, I let them approach me.
As far as the keyboard warriors, their story changes when it's their kid, car, house, etc.
You are doing this company a favor by pursuing this.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score

I agree with the she happy America part. I disagree with the move on part, especially as it is a child. I handle work comp claims for the largest carrier in the world. Every now and then, a dog bite claim comes across my desk.

It may sound silly but the psyche issues alone will last longer than any physical bite. Some people are already terrified of dogs and then to get bit (and as serious as this was), will scar for life.

Why should the family have to pay for the anxiety/psyche treatment (which I would do versus just having my child live with it)? Why should the family have to pay for the $10k plus life flight and the prob $20k hospital bill (obviously insurance will cover some)?

NOWWWWWWWWW, if it was some see you next Tuesday suing for some minor bumper damage claiming neck and back pain, etc, then burn them at the stake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Shit happens. People claiming ptsd that didn’t serve in combat are soft ass bitches.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Shit happens. People claiming ptsd that didn’t serve in combat are soft ass bitches.

This guy is either fighting for Grads’ top troll spot or he cannot read.

I’m trying figure out the “children getting attacked by a dogs” being compared to “serving in combat.”

DLC

Reaction score

Anywhere I’ve been with employer housing the Dog owners would have had 2 choices after the first documented complaint. Remove the dogs, or leave the company housing property and get your own place elsewhere.

most people SAY it‘s a bunch of BS when it’s NOT their kid

however
when it is their kid, they SAY show me da money !

lol

Dalton

Reaction score
This guy is either fighting for Grads’ top troll spot or he cannot read.

I’m trying figure out the “children getting attacked by a dogs” being compared to “serving in combat.”

He's a dude that worked at a auction house selling military equipment, that seems to be obsessed with the military. Agreed, that statement is incorrect and has little to do with this thread lol

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I happened to see a video of a couple and a very young girl getting out of a vehicle in a large parking lot. The video showed a very wide area and suddenly out of the top left of the picture a Pit Bull came at a Dead Run and latched on to this little gal and after what seemed a minute or so withthe parent grabbing the child up with the dog still holding on several men showed up and beat the dog off her. I tell you this was a brutal attack and i'm betting this poor little girl will have issues for her life. The dog ran off so now what Rabbies shot,Plastic Sugery, I don't know but sure woulld be possible if several issues. I guarantee it is one thing to say a Dog Bite and another to Watch an out of control ATTACK.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Call Larry H. Parker. He got me 2.1 million :cool:

To Blown Lavey, I hope your nephew heals physically and emotionally from this unfortunate incident, and learns to trust mans best friend again.

And forget about all the trolls on here with nothing positive to add. It seems to be a increasing trend with society in general.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Shoot the fuck'n dog! A Leo told me once you have the right to protect yourself against critters! ... 4 OR 2 legged!

petie6464

Reaction score
"California mentally" You must be very proud of yourself.

oldschool

Reaction score
"California mentally" You must be very proud of yourself.
I’m pole vaulting to a conclusion here, but I think you meant to say “California mentality “? Or possibly you didn’t. Please expound on this pearl of wisdom.

weasle

Reaction score
My mother in law had a similar situation and I am no lawyer, but I believe you have to go after the dog's owner. My mother in law had her brother over who has no money and is a loser and brought his large dog over to her house. The dog ran out from behind the gate and attacked another dog and a lady. The dog had to go to the vet and there were vet bills. The lady went after my mother in law and she told her I do not own a dog, it was my brother here is his name. The lady refused and sued my mother in law. they went to small claims where my mother in law lost. She appealed to a higher court and won. The judge told the lady you have to sue the dog's owner, my mother in law was not liable. Then the lady said in court , can I sue the brother instead and the judge said now the statute of limitations had passed because you sued the wrong person and she ended up with nothing. Crazy turn of events.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My mother in law had a similar situation and I am no lawyer, but I believe you have to go after the dog's owner. My mother in law had her brother over who has no money and is a loser and brought his large dog over to her house. The dog ran out from behind the gate and attacked another dog and a lady. The dog had to go to the vet and there were vet bills. The lady went after my mother in law and she told her I do not own a dog, it was my brother here is his name. The lady refused and sued my mother in law. they went to small claims where my mother in law lost. She appealed to a higher court and won. The judge told the lady you have to sue the dog's owner, my mother in law was not liable. Then the lady said in court , can I sue the brother instead and the judge said now the statute of limitations had passed because you sued the wrong person and she ended up with nothing. Crazy turn of events.

I believe it will be a different scenario on company owned/ supplied housing property.
Especially with previously documented history.
But then again, I’m not a lawyer.

84miller

Reaction score
I may have missed it, but did you report the bite to animal control? Here is why I ask, I was bit by my neighbor's dog. Drew blood, told the neighbor they needed to control the dog. Did not report it to animal control. About a year later, the dog came after me again. I called animal control to ask, can I carry a knife or something to protect myself. Animal control directed me to mace/pepper spray...do not leave the home without it. Animal control did go off on me for not reporting the first bite. In my investigation with my other neighbors, found the dog bit a 9 month pregnant women, blood drawn. They did not report it either, were talked out of it. My last report surfaced another bite...so we are at 3 now. None reported, but my last experienced. Animal control went to their residence to review what will happen if the dog bites. Anyway long story short, the neighbors with the biting dog, filed a harassment law suit, claiming their dog never bit anyone, and now the bitten persons, me included have to protect our assets. So if you did not report the bite to animal control, DO IT NOW, or it will be as though it never happened.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Damn with only 50 years dealing with dogs I'm at a loss for words. So many holes in this case. In my experience The most you can get is your actual loss. And in many cases I've been in and witnessed the owner of property has never been liable for renters dogs. Company owned or privately owned. And I have 1000 questions too about the incident. Lots we have a bearing on any case. Why was the 8 year old on the property? Who was supervising the child? What did they do to mitigate damage? Personally I think you fighting an up hill battle. Good luck to the 8 year old.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Damn with only 50 years dealing with dogs I'm at a loss for words. So many holes in this case. In my experience The most you can get is your actual loss. And in many cases I've been in and witnessed the owner of property has never been liable for renters dogs. Company owned or privately owned. And I have 1000 questions too about the incident. Lots we have a bearing on any case. Why was the 8 year old on the property? Who was supervising the child? What did they do to mitigate damage? Personally I think you fighting an up hill battle. Good luck to the 8 year old.
My neighbors dog attacked my other neighbor (75 years old). They were working out in the ally, and the other neighbor was taking the trash out. Dog knocked her down and she needed stitches. Dog was quarantined for a week. Insurance company paid her $23k.