WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP Braintrust. What Would You Do? Sell, Buy, Rent? 2021 prediction?

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I lived in Canyon Lake for 10 years up until 2018. The drive going north sucks 7 days a week. Canyon Lake is great in itself, still have friends that live there. HOA was around $240/Month, to us it was worth it for the pools, beaches, and the security. No motorcycles was a bonus. Lot of people have opinions on the area that never lived there. I'm not seeing your drive getting any shorter, if anything , maybe longer.

Reactions: DWC

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
I lived in Canyon Lake for 10 years up until 2018. The drive going north sucks 7 days a week. Canyon Lake is great in itself, still have friends that live there. HOA was around $240/Month, to us it was worth it for the pools, beaches, and the security. No motorcycles was a bonus. Lot of people have opinions on the area that never lived there. I'm not seeing your drive getting any shorter, if anything , maybe longer.
Well shit.

Where I am at now is 92 miles. Canyon lake to irvine is 52. From what i read with traffic trends i might be saving some time. But if that data is pre covid that is not usable info.

1.5 hours best case scenario from Irvine to Canyon lake? Damn. This may not work.

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Coming home from bhc this weekend that’s all I could think. WTF am I doing wrong? Surrounded by toy haulers and huge diesels. I’ve honestly never seen anything like that before... I want a new truck and a trailer sooooo bad, but I don’t want any payments. I’m finishing paying off what I do owe on and it feels really good. I like to tell myself I’m doing good, and doing the right thing, but damn it sucks. My wife and I made the choice to do the 20 year mortgage. Partly because it keeps me from buying anything with a big, Long payment.

There is a huge portion of our Society that is content with Never owning a vehicle and either leasing Or just continuing to make payment for ?. There will always have bewer, bigger, fancier on and on just don't forget that things may look Great on the inside, but if either one would become Ill or lose their job Shit Hits The Fan. I am a believer that talk is cheap and people can hear the Sermon over and over, but what sinks in a real Eye Opener and luckily it is only a Scare. Thinking back to the '08 deal, I can not imagine telling the Children "we are moving, to an apartment" Losing friends,neighborhood,school and everything else. ALL because I needed the New ATV, Boat,Toy Hauler etc. VIC, just keep on keeping on. The novelty of that New vehicle wears off way before the payments end.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Something to consider. If interest rates go up prices will come down. (Short term anyway). Advantage is with lower prices comes lower property taxes. Higher interest equals more right off. I know, depends on tax laws in effect at the time and who knows what Biden will do? Bottom line, if you plan on staying put for a while, just do it. Another full cycle will happen before you plan on selling again! So Cal prices will always cycle up and down but history shows they always recover and exceed previous highs.

Didn’t take that in to consideration, it’s very true. But if interest rates go back to to the teens then that would be more than any savings in property tax. Not sure if we will ever see teen interest rates though. That was before me owning anything.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We still haven’t even seen the aftermath of covid on the economy and if sleezy joe Shuts us down, which he wants to, grab your ankles fellas! Look at the big picture every idiot is back to refinancing and buying stupid shit. Everyone is payment rich! Look around you on the freeways Friday it’s like 2007 all over big boats in summer and big toy haulers in the winter. Everyone says the economy is great but I call bullshit unless you own a Walmart, tp factory, Costco! Big business is cashing in while small businesses are getting their nuts in the ringer. Housing is beyond stupid everywhere again and beyond inflation. Something’s gotta give. Rates always drop look at history. I’d rather own something half price and refinance than buy high with a low rate. I sold my house and I’m waiting.......

You are going to die waiting for housing to drop 40-50% again. When it does it will be 50% more again and you’ll have gained nothing. Unless you are living rent free in your mom’s basement or getting another return on your money, waiting is a fools errand.

Who in history ever said “Gee I’m glad I waited 15 years to buy this real estate! I got such a deal!”

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Coming home from bhc this weekend that’s all I could think. WTF am I doing wrong? Surrounded by toy haulers and huge diesels. I’ve honestly never seen anything like that before... I want a new truck and a trailer sooooo bad, but I don’t want any payments. I’m finishing paying off what I do owe on and it feels really good. I like to tell myself I’m doing good, and doing the right thing, but damn it sucks. My wife and I made the choice to do the 20 year mortgage. Partly because it keeps me from buying anything with a big, Long payment.

I’ll also add I’m 32 my wife 37 (don’t tell her I said that) when we bought in Norco two years ago I told my wife we were making a mistake. I was kind of a doomer expecting a crash.i usually let my wife make the big decisions and I’ll have to admit I was wrong and could probably get 100k more for my house today than what I paid. (BBQ prices of course)
You’re doing it right Vic. Keep the debt to a minimum. Keep the toy payments to an absolute minimum and let the savings work for you. It’s brutal to try to play catch up later.

1B26FF43-4401-4EE9-AF95-ED0C79C9DEF0.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
Sooner you get that house paid off the sooner you will have 3K a month to invest in other properties or live on.

How long have you lived at your current home? At the least I would try and always parlay up with the same time frame as that original mortgage. If you have lived there 8 years try and go with a 20 year.

I find it crazy and sad when I see my 65 year old clients refi there homes into 30 year loans and when I look at there info and they bought the home in 1994.

My older sister is that person. She just refi’d into another 30yr after already being in the house for 8 years.

I am on the other path. Been in house 10, and should be paid off in 8 more

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
One thing i forgot. Congrats. Cool area
But.....be careful of your liver. Also the divorce rate is pretty high in there.
Just sayin....

Yep. My mom and dad can attest to that one.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well shit.

Where I am at now is 92 miles. Canyon lake to irvine is 52. From what i read with traffic trends i might be saving some time. But if that data is pre covid that is not usable info.

1.5 hours best case scenario from Irvine to Canyon lake? Damn. This may not work.

Commuting to Irvine from anywhere in the IE is expensive and miserable. ColeTrickle is as close as you can be to OC and it takes him 45 mins. If is gonna take you an extra hour or so beyond that from CL. If you take the toll roads, you’ll be faster but out $400/month just on tolls.

Last edited:

Your ad here

Reaction score

I’ll also add I’m 32 my wife 37 (don’t tell her I said that) when we bought in Norco two years ago I told my wife we were making a mistake. I was kind of a doomer expecting a crash.i usually let my wife make the big decisions and I’ll have to admit I was wrong and could probably get 100k more for my house today than what I paid. (BBQ prices of course)
Let your wife make the purchase decisions. At 32 you're doing pretty well. Norco house, BHC house, family, and a boat. Don't worry about having a new truck or a toy hauler. I did the toy hauler thing for 10 years and it's a lot of work. Start off by renting one.

DWC

Reaction score
IMO - I wouldn’t try to speculate on a primary residence. Don’t know what you made in the last 8 years but assuming that if you sell/rent it could be suck a bit. Tax plus a $30k-$40k in rent could negate a pretty large market correction.
Find the best house in the best location for the long term and don’t look back. I wouldn’t give away any equity for loans or future needs..

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Commuting to Irvine from anywhere in the IE is expensive and miserable. ColeTrickle is as close as you can be to OC and it take him
45 mins. If is gonna take you an extra hour or so beyond that from CL. If you take the toll roads, you’ll be faster but out $400/month just on tolls.
Where does Cole live?

And the commute to irvine is prob a couple times a week max. My other office visits etc are other places around the IE/LA/OC area. Living in San diego and having 90% of my work up north has been a long 7 years. Was hoping CL would be a help, place looks cool!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You are going to die waiting for housing to drop 40-50% again. When it does is will be 50% again and you’ll have gained nothing. Unless you are living rent free in your mom’s basement or getting another return on your money, waiting is a fools errand.

Who in history ever said “Gee I’m glad I waited 15 years to buy this real estate! I got such a deal!”
Nailed it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
You are going to die waiting for housing to drop 40-50% again. When it does is will be 50% again and you’ll have gained nothing. Unless you are living rent free in your mom’s basement or getting another return on your money, waiting is a fools errand.

Who in history ever said “Gee I’m glad I waiting 15 years to buy this real estate! I got such a deal!”

I never said 40-50% and will it decline to that extent probably not because we will just print more money and hand it out while people like myself put my ass on the line to take care of these sick people everyday. But it’s whatever I’m happy to be employed and take pride in what I do. I’ve been working since 10yrs old and haven’t lived with my parents for 25yrs but hey go buy your house and keep telling yourself “I got such a good deal”. I’m sure tons of stock brokers make bank buying high selling low...... 🙄

Your ad here

Reaction score
Well shit.

I've spent an hour going from the top of Windy Ridge (241 toll road) to the 241/91 East on ramp.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Where does Cole live?

And the commute to irvine is prob a couple times a week max. My other office visits etc are other places around the IE/LA/OC area. Living in San diego and having 90% of my work up north has been a long 7 years. Was hoping CL would be a help, place looks cool!
He lives at GreenRiver and the 91.

My old sales rep lives in Temecula and it would take her over 2 hours to get to Costa Mesa. Over 3 hours to Pasadena.

Your ad here

Reaction score
You are going to die waiting for housing to drop 40-50% again. When it does it will be 50% more again and you’ll have gained nothing. Unless you are living rent free in your mom’s basement or getting another return on your money, waiting is a fools errand.

Who in history ever said “Gee I’m glad I waited 15 years to buy this real estate! I got such a deal!
And how much money was spent waiting to get the good deal?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I never said 40-50% and will it decline to that extent probably not because we will just print more money and hand it out while people like myself put my ass on the line to take care of these sick people everyday. But it’s whatever I’m happy to be employed and take pride in what I do. I’ve been working since 10yrs old and haven’t lived with my parents for 25yrs but hey go buy your house and keep telling yourself “I got such a good deal”. I’m sure tons of stock brokers make bank buying high selling low...... 🙄

Those guys aren’t renting and understand what an opportunity cost is. Buying a house is rent control. Rents are going up faster than housing prices.

People were saying we were at the top of the market in 2015... look how that turned out. We could have a 30% drop and we’d be back at 2015 levels. How much money in rent would you have burned in the last 5 years?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
And how much money was spent waiting to get the good deal?

“Financial Armageddon is coming in 18 months. You’d be an idiot to buy now. I’m renting and will buy a house for 0$ in 2 years! - 2015 Doom and Gloomers.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Your house is sick AF, I was really impressed with that neighborhood [emoji108]

Based on my position and what I see, as far as finances are concerned, you don't have people pulling money out to buy toys. I would say that cash out refinances represent a small portion of what we have done in this current market.

It is easy to see someone with nice things and make judgement, but at the end of the day, nobody knows what they do or how they make money.

I see a TON of dual income families making $20k+/month and they can afford all their stuff and still max out retirement each year. These people are all in recession proof industries too.

Nobody should ever make assumptions.

Your first assumption, is your first screw up.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Not only are the freeways horrible once you pass temescal canyon rd heading west daily.. you have to factor in the mess you have to sit in just to get to the 15 fwy on railroad canyon rd. Easy half hour on and off the freeway coming and going to canyon lake. It's under construction now ...not sure when the finish date is though.

84miller

Reaction score
If you can sell your home in El Cajon and purchase a like home in Canyon Lake with close to equal value ending with a close to the same mortgage balance go for it. That way say there is a down trend, you will lose just as much on the El Cajon home as the Canyon Lake. I would not pay off any other debt with the sell, unless you and your wife commit to putting like payments of your current debt into savings that is never touched with the end result of that savings going to pay your Canyon Lake home off early. Just my option there is no right way for all.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Based on my position and what I see, as far as finances are concerned, you don't have people pulling money out to buy toys. I would say that cash out refinances represent a small portion of what we have done in this current market.

It is easy to see someone with nice things and make judgement, but at the end of the day, nobody knows what they do or how they make money.

I see a TON of dual income families making $20k+/month and they can afford all their stuff and still max out retirement each year. These people are all in recession proof industries too.

Thank you!
you’re correct on that as well. Most people I hang out with these days, and myself included are dual income and do pretty well for themselves. Everyone’s situation is a little different. Some how I turned into my dad, I have money in the bank to buy toys but I’ve turned into a big cheap ass. It’s almost like I get sick when I spend a lot of money 😂

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Arrogance is a disease that is often "Cured" by a good Ass- Kicking.

P.S I did Not say Confidence.;)

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Regardless I have to live somewhere. I bought my house in 2016 and I made my 30% so I get where you’re coming from however refuse to buy at the peak. I have 5 close realtor friends and they all told me the same thing: wait! Opinions are like assholes everyone has one and to each their own.....

riverroyal

Reaction score
Good lord what am i missing about this place? hahah sounds like it has some dark secrets.
Its just a party there. Not out of control. But all boaters, moto, a different mind set.
Gate guarded with fewer 'rules' then other places
Nothing wrong with it, just more of a 'send it' attitude.
Id live there

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Thank you!
you’re correct on that as well. Most people I hang out with these days, and myself included are dual income and do pretty well for themselves. Everyone’s situation is a little different. Some how I turned into my dad, I have money in the bank to buy toys but I’ve turned into a big cheap ass. It’s almost like I get sick when I spend a lot of money [emoji23]
What's crazy too, is A LOT of them bought between 2012-2016 and their mortgages are CHEAP!!

Shoot, I bought and sold twice now and my payment is less than apartments rent for in our area. I will never sell, I look at my houses as residual income machines when we are ready to retire. They will be my pension and SSI.

SmilesPerGallon

Reaction score
The time your are commuting is a huge factor. I’ve been driving from Murrieta to Irvine for 4 years now. I leave Irvine at 2pm and get home at 3:20 most days. Toll roads of course

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Regardless I have to live somewhere. I bought my house in 2016 and I made my 30% so I get where you’re coming from however refuse to buy at the peak. I have 5 close realtor friends and they all told me the same thing: wait! Opinions are like assholes everyone has one and to each their own.....

So what are you waiting for? What price drop do you need to see to buy? How long will this take and what money will you outlay waiting for it?

No one wants to buy at the top, but if you talk about real $$$ savings, trying to time the market on a primary residence, it rarely happens.

You obviously have a plan or expectation and not just blindly doing what a couple realtors are telling you. They have no idea what is going to happen with the economy. No one does.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
If it’s your primary home rates are great different lifestyle there there will be a set back in feb 2021 but your buying in Vegas or havasu

Boat 405

Reaction score
The strength in housing this time around is on the heels of a much different animal. I will debate anybody, anytime, on the fundamental differences between this market and last.

That's fine and all. The problem always exists for an unknown, unimaginable, unforeseeable event to transpire. Everyone will say it will never happen again until it does. It's cyclical. Everything in life is. Never say never.

On a separate topic, as far as high housing prices vs. low interest rates. I will always pay a higher interest rate vs. a higher purchase price. You can always refinance down the road. You can never renegotiate the purchase price which is ultimately linked to property taxes which again will not go down. Historically interest rates are the lowest they have ever been in history, and housing prices are the highest they've ever been in history. With that said the housing market has always been like a slow moving train continually moving higher and higher. Unfortunately, the value of the dollar continues to go down and I expect with the recent injection of trillions of dollars of stimulus money it will continue that way for the foreseeable future.

77charger

Reaction score
Well shit.

I drove all over so cal for my old job. I could leave canyon lake to go to Irvine i would give 1.5 hr for travel even using express lanes. Company truck they paid tolls

now if I had to pay them it would be pricey.
I lived in Fullerton office set my route to either leave from home or go home after last job so it helped avoid traffic but the 91 East sucks in afternoon after work I had to sit in it to go to glamis or river.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
My wife and I are considering selling our home in El Cajon and moving to Canyon Lake CA as it seems to fit our lifestyle a bit more than east county san diego these days.

that being said, we have a realtor come over and he would list our home for enough to walk away with a huge downpayment on a home, pay off some car notes, and possibly my wife's bit of student loan.

Canyon lake would be closer to my commute in Irvine and up the 15 corridor for site visits etc so that is another plus besides owning a home on the water.

So there lies the question, should we sell then rent to see what the market will do or just get back into buying another home (not a whole lot of choices unfortunately at this time).

Anyone have any insight on what 2021 may look like? I have to believe Covid is going to have an impact when the stimulus runs out and eviction moratoriums come up. Maybe not for a year or so, but 2022 i imagine is going to see a wave of foreclosures. May not impact socal with the lack of inventory though.....

What say ye?
What ever you do I know an outstanding realtor in El Cajon/Rancho San Diego. Her name is Judy Bohlen. Tell her Bob from Jamul recommended her.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I live in Canyon Lake, and we love it, the rules are not bad and I have never been harassed about anything, lived here for 16 years now and haven’t received one citation or notice about anything, so don’t let people worry you.

My wife works in Lake Forest and takes Ortega Highway everyday, again don’t let everyone worry you, Ortega is not that bad, if my wife can do it, so can you.

Last thing, rentals are few and far between right now in the lake, I see people all the time begging for help to find a rental, so buying might be easier if you are looking for a quick move.

Let me know if you have any questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
I live in Canyon Lake, and we love it, the rules are not bad and I have never been harassed about anything, lived here for 16 years now and haven’t received one citation or notice about anything, so don’t let people worry you.

My wife works in Lake Forest and takes Ortega Highway everyday, again don’t let everyone worry you, Ortega is not that bad, if my wife can do it, so can you.

Last thing, rentals are few and far between right now in the lake, I see people all the time begging for help to find a rental, so buying might be easier if you are looking for a quick move.

Let me know if you have any questions

Sent you a pm. Would love to ask some questions.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What happens to home prices when the baby boomers start dying in the next 10-15yrs?

That is a very large number of our population that mostly own homes. There has never been a population increase that has matched the baby boom era.

So I would think it would be reasonable to consider that there will be fewer buyers than houses available

just_floatin

Reaction score
Is this Real Estate prediction specific to Southern California? In Arizona, I am personally up 50k (current comps) on a new build that I have not even closed on yet. In addition, the Havasu market is ridiculous and I state this as a Havasu home owner SMH at what I can sell my place for let alone the asking price for a 40’ storage unit. Are your realator friends certain we are at the top of the market with the new work from home model?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
What happens to home prices when the baby boomers start dying in the next 10-15yrs?

That is a very large number of our population that mostly own homes. There has never been a population increase that has matched the baby boom era.

So I would think it would be reasonable to consider that there will be fewer buyers than houses available
Most of those homes will be inherited and depending on the mortgage situation, will likely be turned into rentals. Right now the shortage in rentals is worse than resale.

hallett21

Reaction score
If you can afford the new home and the commute then go for it. Especially if it will improve your quality of life.

Sounds like it’s a brutal commute though.

I’ve been reading on here since 2012 that we’re in for the big one. Even if you waited till 1/1/2018 to cash out and paid $2,500 a month (which I think is low) in rent. You’re out almost 60k. That doesn’t include missed tax savings either.

A quick call to your CPA and they can tell you what the end of the year looks like renting vs buying.

Unless you have a projection with measurable indicators you’re just gambling that you will time it right. Every rent vs own calculator I’ve done usually puts the break even at 3 years.

Here’s one for Canyon Lake.

IMG_6785.jpg

IMG_6786.jpg

IMG_6787.jpg

IMG_6788.jpg

hallett21

Reaction score
2 years of rent vs 5 years of owning. Obviously you need to punch in your purchase price (budget) vs rent budget.

IMG_6789.jpg

IMG_6790.jpg

Groper

Reaction score
Where does Cole live?

Cole's area might be E. Yorba Linda, you can check out CL all you want but it's not for me (have you checked out the water conditions lately?) it's too close to Lake Elsinore and the shit holed surrounding area ohh and HOA's Fng suck balls in any way shape or form,, spend a few days driving around CL, you'll get it.

Though you have left out what the price range your in that helps when offering recommendations.

Based on your commute along with other trips you mentioned I would look anywhere between Brea, YL to Orange Tustin area looking for something with RV access or RV garage possibilities your quality of life and property appreciation will be leaps ahead also saving you about 2hrs a day commuting to Irvine ;)

nameisbond

Reaction score
Id buy, interest rates being so low, its like free money. Rented for a year and watched the area I'm interested in, go up. Was thinking it was going to drop off with massive property tax increases. But it didn't. Now looking to buy. The only thing good about waiting for me, the interest rates dropped.

Last edited:

petie6464

Reaction score
You know the market today. Tomorrow you don't.

Sounds like a good idea although the commute and and Canyon Lake I have no idea of.

As far as the RE end it sounds like you would be able to clean up some debt and come out on top. Whatever the senerio I always shoot for 15 year notes that I can accelerate on top of.

The properties amenities etc. are way down the list as long as it's livable for your family.

I've always been the guy that buys the dump in a good neighborhood and cleans it up, I imagine that wouldn't be the case in Canyon Lake but you you get the idea.

Cdog

Reaction score
Most of those homes will be inherited and depending on the mortgage situation, will likely be turned into rentals. Right now the shortage in rentals is worse than resale.

1606840073445.png

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Cole's area might be E. Yorba Linda, you can check out CL all you want but it's not for me (have you checked out the water conditions lately?) it's too close to Lake Elsinore and the shit holed surrounding area ohh and HOA's Fng suck balls in any way shape or form,, spend a few days driving around CL, you'll get it.

Though you have left out what the price range your in that helps when offering recommendations.

Based on your commute along with other trips you mentioned I would look anywhere between Brea, YL to Orange Tustin area looking for something with RV access or RV garage possibilities your quality of life and property appreciation will be leaps ahead also saving you about 2hrs a day commuting to Irvine ;)

I think wandering that far down the 91/55 you would be looking in the 800-1.2 million range.

I live in south Corona Lincon and Foothill at the base of the Mountain. When we made the move from Foothill Ranch in 2006 we were in the same position as pkr. Everything I wanted was way way out of my price range so we decided to make the move to Corona. Honestly its been awesome and I have zero desire to move back to OC. I love my neighborhood and the ideals of most everyone around me. South OC was terrible I didn't like it one bit and I lived there for over 5 years.

You have to do what's best for your family. We got way more yard and space along with much better schools in this area than what I could have afforded in the OC.

I have 11 years left on my note if things go right.

I was also thinking about what Vic said about people with crazy toys. We are all in different positions I have several friends that bought 5 years after me and living in the same house they are paying $1000 less a month for a mortgage. We also had $1000 in child care a month while friends had parents watch there kids for free. Hard to say where people get there money but just in my situation you could be talking a 2k swing a month and that would easily get me a new boat and rzr on a long term payment plan.

Play life with your own board pieces at the speed you can and everything will work out. Playing the keeping up with the Jones's game is a terrible idea.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I think wandering that far down the 91/55 you would be looking in the 800-1.2 million range.

I live in south Corona Lincon and Foothill at the base of the Mountain. When we made the move from Foothill Ranch in 2006 we were in the same position as pkr. Everything I wanted was way way out of my price range so we decided to make the move to Corona. Honestly its been awesome and I have zero desire to move back to OC. I love my neighborhood and the ideals of most everyone around me. South OC was terrible I didn't like it one bit and I lived there for over 5 years.

You have to do what's best for your family. We got way more yard and space along with much better schools in this area than what I could have afforded in the OC.

I have 11 years left on my note if things go right.

I was also thinking about what Vic said about people with crazy toys. We are all in different positions I have several friends that bought 5 years after me and living in the same house they are paying $1000 less a month for a mortgage. We also had $1000 in child care a month while friends had parents watch there kids for free. Hard to say where people get there money but just in my situation you could be talking a 2k swing a month and that would easily get me a new boat and rzr on a long term payment plan.

Play life with your own board pieces at the speed you can and everything will work out. Playing the keeping up with the Jones's game is a terrible idea.
That’s the big one for me that’s hurts... childcare. I’m around 2k a month for the nanny and 700 a month for private school. That’s a huge number imo but it’s the situation I choose.