WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP crowd and Sturgis this year

westair

Reaction score
While eating at One Eyed Jacks today things got real interesting!
489C17F1-7096-4FB0-9E4A-BC85C7EB67B2.jpeg

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
We came though Hill City yesterday and thought it was the coolest place! …. sorry to hear about the downed rider …. hoping for the best.

Sure didn't look good for the guy.
He left the road and impacted a 3 post highway sign.
I can't imagine what his crew is dealing with now.
Everyone ride safe.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
For a goof I looked up hotels in Sturgis. Only found Best Western on Monday $675!
$450 a night at the Baymont is where we stay each year, seems to be the going rate, we pay for the next year when we leave each year.

Reactions: DWC

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
That'll be a short lived adjustment.

Long beautiful ride today.
Hill City, Needles Highway, Iron Mountain, Custer State Park.

Saw another rider go down into a guard rail but this guy lived.

Can't be too safe.
We did an all day on Saturday. Deadwood. Mt Rushmore. Then a couple other towns. Ended up out at Full Throttle.
Saw a rider down in western Wyoming on the way home. Didn’t look good.
Please ride safe and drivers take a good look for the bikes.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score

USMC2010

Reaction score
$450 a night at the Baymont is where we stay each year, seems to be the going rate, we pay for the next year when we leave each year.
You all are nuts! I've only ever slept in the open in a sleeping bag or one time I took a tent to the Chip.

Springfield

Reaction score
Rode out to Hill City today and had a great lunch, stopped midway for the lake view and pic. Rode on over to Mt. Rushmore for view then back to Hill City where we caught the train for a roundtrip to Keystone and back to our bikes. Coasted back into Deadwood and considered it a great day and ride.
thumbnail_IMG_5226.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5227.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5229.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5230.jpg

westair

Reaction score

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Do the HAs or mongols or others show up in colors ? You never hear of BS their like what happened at Laughlin ? 😎

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Rode out to Hill City today and had a great lunch, stopped midway for the lake view and pic. Rode on over to Mt. Rushmore for view then back to Hill City where we caught the train for a roundtrip to Keystone and back to our bikes. Coasted back into Deadwood and considered it a great day and ride. View attachment 1036777 View attachment 1036778 View attachment 1036779 View attachment 1036780 .
Bucket list , drove by it 6-7 times always in a hurry , also want to see the Vet wall 😎

westair

Reaction score
Rode out to Hill City today and had a great lunch, stopped midway for the lake view and pic. Rode on over to Mt. Rushmore for view then back to Hill City where we caught the train for a roundtrip to Keystone and back to our bikes. Coasted back into Deadwood and considered it a great day and ride. View attachment 1036777 View attachment 1036778 View attachment 1036779 View attachment 1036780 .
Ok wife is asking me about that train to keystone and why I didn’t know about that! …. lol

Springfield

Reaction score
1880 train runs 3 times? a day from Hill City to Keystone and back. You book when you depart and return, we did the 15 minute break and return but you can stay in Keystone 2.5 hours and return. $32 person, 1 hour each way, awesome time to rubber neck to see more and relax.
thumbnail_IMG_5242.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5239.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5237.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8279.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It is the “81st”, ya know what I mean. 😉. They own property here, had half a dozen swag booths on Main St.
Nice guys, they have a house just off main, they are cool with folks stopping to take pics with them, police are glad they are there as well as just in case security

Springfield

Reaction score
Nice guys, they have a house just off main, they are cool with folks stopping to take pics with them, police are glad they are there as well as just in case security
They used to own a big bar/saloon on the corner but unsure if still do but sure they have a big anchor here.
They have always claimed Sturgis is their rally.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Gonna ride into Deadwood for a bit today…early afternoon probably for our last official sturgis ride if peeps are still around.

i have decided to stick around for a couple weeks after the rally. Will be nice to ride the BHs with less traffic.

Springfield

Reaction score
Gonna ride into Deadwood for a bit today…early afternoon probably for our last official sturgis ride if peeps are still around.

i have decided to stick around for a couple weeks after the rally. Will be nice to ride the BHs with less traffic.
2 weeks after would be great riding. I see the cams the herd has thinned considerably in town this morning. We left Thursday landed back in Havasu yesterday, still recovering. Ride safe!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Decided to camp next year at Bulldog, and tow the bike, ridden 6 years in a row, gonna take a break. All of our friends camped there this year, 50 amp full hookups, place has a very chill vibe, breakfast and dinners served each night, live music etc, very close to town. And quite a bit cheaper than $450 a night for 6 nights in a hotel, shipping the bike home, flights home etc.

Springfield

Reaction score
Decided to camp next year at Bulldog, and tow the bike, ridden 6 years in a row, gonna take a break. All of our friends camped there this year, 50 amp full hookups, place has a very chill vibe, breakfast and dinners served each night, live music etc, very close to town. And quite a bit cheaper than $450 a night for 6 nights in a hotel, shipping the bike home, flights home etc.
With that big ass motor home you have it will be a blast and make use of, campgrounds are fun and entertaining. I am just to damn old (maybe in my mind) to ride the trip, not the extra time. However I did meet a guy from Huntington Beach, 79 years old, said it would be his last ride up. What a trooper.:)

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
With that big ass motor home you have it will be a blast and make use of, campgrounds are fun and entertaining. I am just to damn old (maybe in my mind) to ride the trip, not the extra time. However I did meet a guy from Huntington Beach, 79 years old, said it would be his last ride up. What a trooper.:)
I could ride through Colorado a million times and not get tired of it, but riding with a passenger and 200 pounds of extra crap loaded on to the bike gets old. I think we are going to ride to Laconia rally next year, just the guys though, lot less luggage to carry that way.

Springfield

Reaction score
I could ride through Colorado a million times and not get tired of it, but riding with a passenger and 200 pounds of extra crap loaded on to the bike gets old. I think we are going to ride to Laconia rally next year, just the guys though, lot less luggage to carry that way.
Actually this trip was a bday gift to my wife. So with that came both Rott's who went to a great doggy motel and grounds. My kids dont normally go for that shit but they loved it there, spacious, clean and friendly, didn't want to leave. With 2 bikes, 2 dogs/kids and us it was a family trip of patience. 🤔 and we survived it :cool:

westair

Reaction score
2 weeks after would be great riding. I see the cams the herd has thinned considerably in town this morning. We left Thursday landed back in Havasu yesterday, still recovering. Ride safe!
you made it back in 2 days? are you towing anything?..... We took 3 days, I'm the only driver, was wondering if I could do 2 .... maybe

Springfield

Reaction score
I think it was 1150 miles from our front door to Cadillac Jacks, left Thursday noon and arrived home 9 am Friday with gas stops only.....whew its ruff on the body.
Pulling a 13.5 foot enclosed tandem axle motorcycle trailer. 😁