WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP crowd and Sturgis this year

RichL

Reaction score
Headed out on Wednesday be there Thursday afternoon. Got a room in Spearfish, about 20 mins away. My ass is not conditioned for that long of a ride, bike is in a trailer.
My son is tattooing in the shop right on Main street. Pretty cool, they set up the tattoo shop just for the rally, then its back to being a bookstore.
I won't be there but have friends staying in a campground in Spearfish.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Talk is this will be the biggest ever. Tons of people are here early. Some vendors are having to turn people down as they arent open yet.

i am about 20 miles away from Glencoe and can check in tomorrow morning. Looking forward to getting set up and checking things out.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Talk is this will be the biggest ever. Tons of people are here early. Some vendors are having to turn people down as they arent open yet.

i am about 20 miles away from Glencoe and can check in tomorrow morning. Looking forward to getting set up and checking things out.
No matter how crowded it is you can always find epic riding, get up at 6, ride till noon while the partyers are still hungover, be done by 1 after a few hundred miles, nap back at room, head downtown around 6pm, repeat.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Looking maybe if a Thursday ride works for anybody???

if so…PM your number to me.

LF got in tonight but tomorrow is getting set up for them….well at least in the AM.

his friggin truck and 5th wheel are gonna block out that afternoon sun ;)

Ascot71

Reaction score
Our first time to Sturgis. Super excited, leaving tomorrow afternoon. Arrive at Elkhorn Lodge in Spearfish on Sunday, site 11. Gray F-250, white/blue 23' toy hauler, copper/black Roadglide. Hope to meet some of you guys up there. Safe travels to everyone.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
RN Wife doing her thing again today, Highway 50 near the summit around 10,000 feet guy blows by us hauling ass on the mountain road, I said to my wife holy shit that guy is hauling. 10 minutes later we round a corner and he cooked a downhill decreasing radius turn, straight into the trees. He lucked out my wife was a few minutes behind him. Everyone is freaking out and she just stays cool and goes to work. No permanent damage but she assessed a broken femur, tib / fib, ribs, collarbone. 45 minutes till paramedics got there to take over. That’s her on her knees next to him with her helmet on.

She drinks for free tonight :)
B156A66C-D33C-414F-B77E-198F41FEC229.jpeg

04103F0C-F15E-4CA9-9671-5EB0CC03AF88.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Other pics of the more normal parts of the ride…..day 1 was havasu to Durango Colorado, 530 miles, day 2 Durango to Buena Vista CO, 270 miles of amazing roads, million dollar highway / 550 the entire way. Tomorrow over summit of Rocky Mountain national park to Estes Park CO, then friday roll into Sturgis.

CB7745F2-635F-4F47-A9AB-876E5E2EF52B.jpeg
0E4643D5-AAC5-4399-9676-5FE0F5AD1965.jpeg

timstoy

Reaction score
RN Wife doing her thing again today, Highway 50 near the summit around 10,000 feet guy blows by us hauling ass on the mountain road, I said to my wife holy shit that guy is hauling. 10 minutes later we round a corner and he cooked a downhill decreasing radius turn, straight into the trees. He lucked out my wife was a few minutes behind him. Everyone is freaking out and she just stays cool and goes to work. No permanent damage but she assessed a broken femur, tib / fib, ribs, collarbone. 45 minutes till paramedics got there to take over. That’s her on her knees next to him with her helmet on.

She drinks for free tonight :)
View attachment 1033866
Kudos to you and your wife to stop and help a fellow rider. I know she has helped other people in need before.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Heading down to main street Sturgis today. Probably scattered showers most of the day so be safe peeps. It can get violent quickly.

we are going to stay relatively close to glencoe today.

trying to round up a ride this weekend. Suggestions anybody?

Ty N

Reaction score

Ty N

Reaction score
Heading down to main street Sturgis today. Probably scattered showers most of the day so be safe peeps. It can get violent quickly.

we are going to stay relatively close to glencoe today.

trying to round up a ride this weekend. Suggestions anybody?
Stonehouse!! Is a must. Geographical center of the US is close by, also cool.

thmterry

Reaction score
Last time I was there is was called pervert ally. I guess all the people looking at boobs didnt like being called perverts🤓

Spectra18

Reaction score
Man I was as stuck in a hotel lobby. CNN was on, they were going berzerk over the Sturgis biker crowd. Yet all the Lollapaloza ( don’t know how to spell) crowd was left alone in Chicago.

Reactions: DWC

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Wuick vid and then the camera gets put away.

just wanted to throw you guys a bone

Attachments

• IMG_4719.MOV
    24 MB

2Driver

Reaction score
Well now, Glencoe RV Resort at night is Mardi Gras on steroids and without the full nudity restrictions.
Quite the eye opener.
Some good, some great, some not so much.😲😁

LOL We are relying on you to keep an eye on Tom. Based on his earlier lady pics you may want to tie a cord on his ankle in case you need to locate him

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Oddly enough, DILLIGAF is suggesting we walk Titty Alley again tonight in Glencoe.
Maybe he'll grow a pair and tell the Mod's he don't "Give a Fu*k" about the rules and post some proper pics .👍

Be sure to remind him that PMs work. LOL

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Where the hell does everyone stay? Is there 400000 hotel rooms around???

HBCraig

Reaction score
Gotcha, we did that route last year up to Montana to see some friends then due east over to Sturgis. We are going up through Colorado this year, Durango, Ouray, Estes Park, Million Dollar Highway, through Rocky Mountain National Park. The Utah route up to Powell, Moab etc., was just do damn hot last year, Colorado route is much cooler.
Estes Park is cool. Fun place