WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP Dogma Part 4:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
How often do you wash your dog? Wife and I are debating how often to take her Shepard to the Dogtopia Dog wash. Probably varies with the breed.

BTW: Trunk of wifes car.
First aid and transport for injured animals she may encounter on the road:
Those hot load pain killing needles are like the ones in the Old Frankenstein movies.

MqFfk5l.jpg

EBT531

Reaction score
Weekly for inside dogs. Outside dogs, when they smell or if while petting them your hand has dirt/dander

Reactions: TPC

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My pit Phoenix had two last year. Very short coat and doesnt roll in the dirt. Might be due for one soon. I brushed him today along with the other pups and that helps out a lot. Of course I dont allow them on any carpet and damn sure not on furniture or beds.

Once a week I put their dog beds outside in the sun to air out. Helps tremendously.

Some dogs just friggin reek no matter how many baths.

Most people overdo the bath deal

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Once a month.. anything more is not good for them. Wipe the fur down with pet wipes every few days.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We wash our short haired mini-weenie dog about once a month.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
A couple other things I've learned about Shepherds.
I can see why some dog sled racers are cross breeding a little shepard into their tow dogs.
Incredible power.

I'll stick my neck out and add:
If you had Dodger stadium full of people, and only one person in the stands had a chocolate chip cookie in their pocket,,, and you released the dog at the center field fence,,,, that shepard wouldn't waste any steps going straight to the fan with the cookie in their pocket.

The cat calls all the shots in the house.

JD D05

Reaction score
Not very often at all but she is a weird boxer. She will never get dirty like avoid it at all costs. But about 5 times a year she decides to roll in the neighbor's horse shit.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
My Staffy loved the water, can't keep him out of it, or the hose, he thought it was a game.
In the summer, 2 or 3 times a day, squirt off with the hose, especially those 110° days. Winter, just a good scrubbing once or twice.

Dan'l

RCDave

Reaction score
Depends on the breed and its environment.

Certain breeds are naturally smelly. Oily coated and jawley breeds like labs, neapolitan mastiff, etc.

Other breeds like siberian Huskies, STD poodles, etc hardly emit a smell.

RCDave

Reaction score
We show siberians in akc dog shows. When they are in the groove and showing often, they are washed and groomed weekly.

They key is to use a high quality shampoo and get the coat totally dry after a bath.

I highly recommend Best Shot pet shampoos. They make a variety of formulations from show quality washes to medicated formulations, extreme dirty washes, to itchy mixes.

bonesfab

Reaction score
My boxer mix gets them about every other week. He comes to the shop everyday and lays on oil soaked cardboard just to piss me off

Gelcoater

Reaction score
How often do you wash your dog? Wife and I are debating how often to take her Shepard to the Dogtopia Dog wash. Probably varies with the breed.

BTW: Trunk of wifes car.
First aid and transport for injured animals she may encounter on the road:
Those hot load pain killing needles are like the ones in the Old Frankenstein movies.

MqFfk5l.jpg
Rocky tolerated a couple three a year, and/or occasions he gets into something stinky. His coat is completely different than a GS, so?

The Red Doberman girl we lost in 2016 got a bath pretty much any time she found water.:D
9D535CDE-6FFD-4DD7-9153-DB9DD94BC3DE.png
DECAB892-3EDF-4C79-81C9-52BD3C247792.png

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
How much are you feeding your Shepard Size dogs each day?

Side of the bag says 1 1/2 cups in the morning then again at night.
Doesn't seem like enough.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
How much are you feeding your Shepard Size dogs each day?

Side of the bag says 1 1/2 cups in the morning then again at night.
Doesn't seem like enough.

Ours eats 1 and 1/2 road raper cups a day. If he finishes it fast we will give him more but usually that does it

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Funny this comes up too, my wife was just saying he stinks and needs a bath. I said then give him a bath after you make dinner🤣 Well I thought it anyways and actually said I will give him a bath when it warms up

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Our beagle never gets a bath but he does swim in the pool a lot.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Our Aussies never smell and your hands don’t smell after petting them. They really don’t have greasy hair or a lot of dander. They do shed like fucking crazy though. So they really need brushed. As much as you want to brush them. You could literally pull a pile of hair out every day. The vacuum is full every day also. As far as bathing, every couple of weeks, more to condition them so that their hair doesn’t get matted, which usually happens on their hind quarters, the one place my male doesn’t like to be brushed. So he gets a bath, gets conditioned. Brushed and trimmed around his back end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk