WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP has shrinkage

Mototrig

Reaction score
Anyone else's shrinking??
IMG_20200610_194407.jpg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Has to be a different vinyl, none of the older solid color ones have ever done that.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
110 degree heat every weekend in the summer will prob do that but I’m not a vinyl expert

Yep. Mine never shrank. But my Tahoe stays in the garage most of the time. I'm selling my car and removed all my stickers. The green RDP one I just peeled off and put on my fridge. Still sticky. 👍

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Yep. Mine never shrank. But my Tahoe stays in the garage most of the time. I'm selling my car and removed all my stickers. The green RDP one I just peeled off and put on my fridge. Still sticky. 👍

Did you put it next to all your used glow sticks? Never heard of someone trying to reuse stickers. I thought the union paid you better. :D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Did you put it next to all your used glow sticks? Never heard of someone trying to reuse stickers. I thought the union paid you better. :D
I used a razor blade on my Eliminator, Havasu and Mammoth stickers. Thought I would try and save the Lickity Split sticker since it was only made 1 time. R.I.P. 😞 The rest I can replace.

RichL

Reaction score
Mine is still on the backing displayed here in my home office and still looks good but the temp is controlled so rarely gets above 70.

Hunkydory_Hallett

Reaction score
Being a sign guy that happens when you use cheap economy white backed vinyl. Not the graphics guys problem if someone wanted "cheap" stickers.....:p

REPLICA GRAPHICS

Reaction score
Tinted glass gets extremely hot and sometimes causes vinyl to shrink and do other weird things. Manufacturers formulate vinyl for painted surfaces.
We use a grey back adhesive to block out any color underneath, so what you are seeing is the adhesive edge after the vinyl shrinks some. The direction you park your truck, if it sits out all day in the sun, if it was stretched during installation and many other factors can play a roll in material life and things like this happening. I

REPLICA GRAPHICS

Reaction score
Being a sign guy that happens when you use cheap economy white backed vinyl. Not the graphics guys problem if someone wanted "cheap" stickers.....:p

I’ve been using the same print material for these kinds of stickers for 15+ years - a polymeric calendard vinyl. It’s the best you can get without paying 10 X the price for a roll of cast vinyl and laminate, which is overkill for small “giveaway” decals like this. No one would want to pay the additional cost. If your talking true vehicle graphics or a wrap- cast all day - I won’t do it otherwise.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Do you do aluminum signs? And can you get just aluminum blanks? What company are you with?

Hunkydory_Hallett

Reaction score
I’ve been using the same print material for these kinds of stickers for 15+ years - a polymeric calendard vinyl. It’s the best you can get without paying 10 X the price for a roll of cast vinyl and laminate, which is overkill for small “giveaway” decals like this. No one would want to pay the additional cost. If your talking true vehicle graphics or a wrap- cast all day - I won’t do it otherwise.

For sure man...I'm not arguing with you or second guessing your material usage we do use the same. Sounded like people were calling you out and it's not your fault, is the avenue my post was headed down.