Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
T-shirt idea... thoughts?

Screenshot_20210131-192157_Google.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If we make this happen we can essentially use my house as a "base aka parking/bbq area.." that day.. We're close enough to drop in and i can likely arrange through a local company a bus back. I'm sure after float activities could be arranged.. I live around the corner from a good bar with plenty of seating right by the river. We're in the "historic district of NB.. Dave touch base with me and let me know how you want to proceed. Ill be in havasu this weekend..have to take "shit" to the havasu house remodel.. lol

BTW schlitterbahn is "essentially" across from us (3 blocks), its a good time.

Wish I woulda seen this before the weekend!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Wish I woulda seen this before the weekeaccommodating.
I've got parking for at least 4 rigs in addition to mine as well provided the boats are under 28 ft. Im about 15 minutes from the lake

copterzach

Reaction score
Where is everyone staying?

I have never taken my 21’ jet bote to Travis. I know it can get rough as f$&@. Little worried about not having a big enough boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirbob

Reaction score

I have never taken my 21’ jet bote to Travis. I know it can get rough as f$&@. Little worried about not having a big enough boat

For what its worth - I lived in Lakeway for a few years and kept a boat in Hurst Harbor when we lived there. Other than a big storm blowing up the lake or something like that, I never really saw much chop on the lake. I know there are some bigger cabin style boats but I ran a 26 ft boat and never once felt like there was anything more challenging than a wake boat wake.

I cant imagine a problem running a 21 ft boat.

TexasJet

Reaction score
I've had my 19' Baja on Travis a few times. The lake is currently 21' low and it's projected to be a dryer than normal Spring. The upper part of the lake is more like a river and better suited for smaller boats. Below Pace Bend Park the lake opens up and can get very rough on weekends. Last summer was crazy like Havasu. This summer will probably be the same. Tons, and I mean tons, of wake board boats.

shunter2005

Reaction score

When I was a kid, we used to go there in a 16 ft. wooden boat. Never had problems. Travis can get a little choppy down toward the dam, but I have never found any where on the lake that you can't find smooth water in 10 min. or so.

farmo83

Reaction score
A few family and friends of mine are in as well. I live in Houston but have boated in Austin for years.

Also went to college in San Marcos and haven't floated in NB since.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
A few family and friends of mine are in as well. I live in Houston but have boated in Austin for years.

Also went to college in San Marcos and haven't floated in NB since.

I'd be game for a tube float! Something I've never done either

farmo83

Reaction score
It's ton of fun. There are more rules now then their used to be so not sure how that impacts things.

One of the great mysteries of the universe is how you can float the river drinking beer for hours on end and no one ever has to pee.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
It's ton of fun. There are more rules now then their used to be so not sure how that impacts things.

One of the great mysteries of the universe is how you can float the river drinking beer for hours on end and no one ever has to pee.

"And finally I realized everyone was just pissing themselves. So I was like well I guess ill just piss myself. Of course everyone got mad at me. But then again I was in a canoe, standing up too."

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
2 COMMENTS
1) I was talking with another member and we both agreed "What the fucs is with that shirt, where does it even come close to boating?" It is merely a RDP advertisement. (Sorry but look at it and show me boating)
2) SHUNTER when you were there as a kid a 14' boat with a 25 hp outboard was a race boat. (HAHAHA)

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
2 COMMENTS
1) I was talking with another member and we both agreed "What the fucs is with that shirt, where does it even come close to boating?" It is merely a RDP advertisement. (Sorry but look at it and show me boating)
2) SHUNTER when you were there as a kid a 14' boat with a 25 hp outboard was a race boat. (HAHAHA)

That was just me fucking around with an editor on my phone one night on the couch while surfing craigslist. Nothing particularly special

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
2 COMMENTS

I will have my graphics guy come up with a shirt

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
If any of the texas people plan to come out for DS/SCF.. Youre welcome on the x-flight. I plan to fly in both weekends th-Sun. Frontier flights are cheap from AUS to LAS. PM me or look for the texas and trump flags haha. I hope this meetup happens, river float too..

RD i talked to a guy i know about a "bus" to the river floats in TX, as you plan i can give details...im close enough for people to park and walk to drop off if this gets thrown into the mix, and we bus back all buss lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If any of the texas people plan to come out for DS/SCF.. Youre welcome on the x-flight. I plan to fly in both weekends th-Sun. Frontier flights are cheap from AUS to LAS. PM me or look for the texas and trump flags haha. I hope this meetup happens, river float too..

RD i talked to a guy i know about a "bus" to the river floats in TX, as you plan i can give details...im close enough for people to park and walk to drop off if this gets thrown into the mix, and we bus back all buss lol.

So we would launch the boats and leave them in slips or something?

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
So we would launch the boats and leave them in slips or something?

Traditionally the marinas have offered weekend slips but last summer just about every marina was at 100% occupancy so I would not count on it as the courtesy slips are for day use only at most of them.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Traditionally the marinas have offered weekend slips but last summer just about every marina was at 100% occupancy so I would not count on it as the courtesy slips are for day use only at most of them.

Gnarly Gar may be able to accommodate it, but it would be good to call them sooner than later.

Slips on Travis are at a premium right now.. With LTM getting wrecked last year...a lot of those guys had to move, and slips were always hard to find.

sirbob

Reaction score
I am still thinking this could be a great trip to start the summer - that said, @RiverDave why did you pick this weekend? Is there an event taking place that you are syncing the trip with?

I recall earlier in the thread William taking about getting flights and hotel i see Ace talking about DS/SCF??? and floating in the river etc. It seems like there is a lot being suggested or talked about and I'm not sure what it all is - possibly just a reason to use the new Motorhome?

Can you give more details about why you are gong to TX / what other events may be happening etc. ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am still thinking this could be a great trip to start the summer - that said, @RiverDave why did you pick this weekend? Is there an event taking place that you are syncing the trip with?

I recall earlier in the thread William taking about getting flights and hotel i see Ace talking about DS/SCF??? and floating in the river etc. It seems like there is a lot being suggested or talked about and I'm not sure what it all is - possibly just a reason to use the new Motorhome?

Can you give more details about why you are gong to TX / what other events may be happening etc. ?

This was the weekend shlbyntro suggested.
William and Wendi are going to Cancun

sirbob

Reaction score
This was the weekend shlbyntro suggested.
William and Wendi are going to Cancun

Ok - got it, I was think there may have been some other events that were lining up around this trip.

I'm planning on towing the boat out to TX at this point and would glad to caravan with anybody that may be leaving from Havasu.

XX14

Reaction score
We still good for this Dave? Any idea on a rough agenda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TexasJet

Reaction score
Well crap, looks like I'll be in Blythe that weekend. Y'all have fun and be safe.

XX14

Reaction score
Ok Dave give me the update. Am I going for a ride in your toon next month? If not I’m going to go ahead and list my Rage for sale. I was going to wait until this trip but if you’re not coming it’s time for someone else to have fun.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok Dave give me the update. Am I going for a ride in your toon next month? If not I’m going to go ahead and list my Rage for sale. I was going to wait until this trip but if you’re not coming it’s time for someone else to have fun.

I am pulling the chutes on this deal.. it’s for a variety of reasons, but ultimately I have to much stuff going on in my life right now to pursue a week plus rv trip with the toon.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I am pulling the chutes on this deal.. it’s for a variety of reasons, but ultimately I have to much stuff going on in my life right now to pursue a week plus rv trip with the toon.

Bummer, looks like we will be heading to Havasu early!

XX14

Reaction score
Well that’s a bummer. Was looking forward to river folks in Texas. If y’all have folks you know looking for a Rage, 2005, I’ll be selling my MCOB for $45. It’s in very good shape with lots of upgrades and I took this screen shot today...
IMG_4851.PNG