WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP PSA / Products / Announcements

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I figured I'd let ya guys know on some of what's going on behind the scenes at RDP right now as well as some of the changes that are coming.

First thing on the agenda, RDP is partnering to launch a new "listing / classifieds" site. The original intent of the custom classifieds I created (that is operational now) was to replace the forum classifieds down below and to transfer it into a paid agenda that had remarkable SEO. To tell you the truth while it's extremely capable it's pretty complicated to use (I tend to do that unfortunately). It has all kinds of features built in (even making anonymous offers on boats), but it's kinda "clunky."

I realize most aren't in the business that I'm in (website / communities etc..) but I've been watching what other people are doing in this arena with regard to just "listing" sites, and it's explosive to say the least, especially if you keep them simple. This new site / idea has been in the works for about six weeks now and will come to fruition hopefully in it's early stages in the next two to three weeks. ole @rivermobster is working tirelessly on the new site , and the graphics guys are cranking on various projects etc.. We are very excited for the new venture, and the only thing I can tell you is we are going to attempt to do it better than everyone else is doing, at a minimum more efficiently. To be clear on this "I" personally will not be running this new program, it is a partnership with others, and I'm gonna use the Horsepower of RDP to launch it.

That partnership among peers is aptly named "The Toy Syndicate"

If you are a dealership that brokers toys of any kind please feel free to reach out to me this week and I'll explain how you can get involved in it early. 949-678-8369

Store Front & Swag

The suites directly above our office became available recently so we signed a lease on them. The office is currently being remodeled and should be ready to go shortly.. While most would rather hang out downstairs, this is an important part of our growth as it gives us a couple of more desks, a conference room, and additional storage for the store below. It will also have a nice little wet bar upstairs that's gonna come out pretty cool. ;).

It only took me five years of "Yeah I'll do it tomorrow" to finally place an order for real RDP flags!! I ordered 18 x 24s and 3'x5' for the larger size. They should be showing up to the store front tomorrow and will be in the online store before the weekend. They will be available for in store purchasing as early as Thursday. :)

3'x5' ordered

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 1.31.48 PM.png

18 x 24 inch flags ordered
Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 2.00.25 PM.png

On a side note we have been looking for somethings to sell out of the store front (Just things other than RDP gear) for the members. I ended up purchasing 4 of the pro series Fluzzles from my buddy Don Arnold (Ride Havasu Don for those wondering) and liked them so much I ended up buying into them for the store front. If you aren't familiar with what a "Fluzzle" is, it's basically a floating puzzle. They are floats that connect like puzzle pieces so you don't have to tie ropes to each other etc..

Lets Tie Up Now - Products?

I was partying down in a cove and ran across the guys that own www.letstieupnow.com. They have inflatable fenders that inflate / deflate (don't quote me on this) In about 45 seconds. The larger balls do hold boats apart during tie ups / flotillas. What intrigued me though was their bungee rope systems. There are other bungee ropes out there, but these seem to be shorter and setup primarily for tying boats to boats instead of boats to docks etc.. The boatswain one is the one that I like the most because of the multiple loops throughout. You can wrap it through a fender, through a cleat, and onto the next boat? Looks super convenient to me..

That all said I'm not gonna do the "buy in" if you guys aren't into it.. Check them out and let me know what ya think?

Because our store is small and space is kind of at a premium, I was going to stock the ropes first.. If you think there is call for the inflatable fenders let me know and I'll stock those as well if there's enough interest!

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 2.13.37 PM.png

One last product that we are considering! I have stocked the store with various cleaners over the years. To be honest they aren't big sellers because it's a clothing store / real estate office not a boat shop (hence the reason why I'm looking at adding some different products above? Possibly add to that vibe a little). Anyhow I'm going to make a short story real short by saying the staff over at Shine Supply sent me a bunch of their products to try. We used "ignition" on my black dually and I was thoroughly impressed. The cleaner is great, the towels they sent are edgeless and next level soft.. More importantly though just the level of professionalism and dealing with the company was an absolute pleasure.

I haven't tried the marine products yet (aftermath and vinyl cleaner) but plan too shortly after the Dam Run (next time my boat will be out). Has anyone used the boat cleaners and what did you think? I know they are gaining traction in the marine world as I saw their products over at Lux Chase toons when I was down there, and have been seeing it in various shops. They recently signed up for advertising, and I genuinely like to support those that support the site as well, so I'm considering doing a buy in (It's substantial for my little operation).. Looking to get some feedback. Like I said earlier cleaners haven't been a huge seller for me in the past, but we never really "promoted" having it in the store either.. What are your thoughts on it?

Aftermath.jpg

Onto a more important note : The Newsletter!

The newsletter is awesome... That is when it actually comes out. Consistency on that thing has been a major battle primarily because everyone is so busy we just kinda forget about it, than a couple months goes by and we get to the "I'll do it tomorrows." Bob Brown of Powerboat fame (and other publications) will be taking over our newsletter! Obviously our first hurdle is to nail consistency, but I think you are going to find that this is going to improve into some unique content of it's own, and will become something very cool in its own right. I am excited to watch it grow and evolve into its own.

That's about it for now, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the various products.

RD

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I kind of like the fenders and I’d like to run a flag on the dam run. Pretty cool

Singleton

Reaction score
I like the flags. On your next order can you order some in red with white letters or orange with black letters. Usually run one on my Jeep when off-road, but need the legal colors. Also my kids quad needs a new flag

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Those fenders might be great for small boats with limited storage.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
The let’s tie up balls work really well. It’s a better version than the hoppity hop balls kids use to bounce around the house/yard. I used this cheap version on a 2005 Sanger V210 and two worked awesome. To store, you pull the plug on ball. With this company’s bungee, it’d be a great setup.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Those board shorts sure would be cool right about now

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I like the flags. On your next order can you order some in red with white letters or orange with black letters. Usually run one on my Jeep when off-road, but need the legal colors. Also my kids quad needs a new flag

what do you mean legal colors?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I’ll take some flags for the rzr. My old ones are officially done.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Having a supply of shine supply close by if I run out is fantastic. I brought extra gallons of aftermath and sun setter on my last trip because I was afraid of running out and being SOL.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Glad to see the flags are coming back. Dropped by the store a couple months ago for replacements for the SXS and struck out. @BHC Vic if you want me to grab something let me know and I’ll bring it out Friday.
The new boating products are a nice add. Always looking to try out some different stuff.
Hope you keep the OG classifieds. While i like to see a bigger selection of stuff for sale there’s something about an inmate putting up something for sale on the site that i trust.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Glad to see the flags are coming back. Dropped by the store a couple months ago for replacements for the SXS and struck out. @BHC Vic if you want me to grab something let me know and I’ll bring it out Friday.
The new boating products are a nice add. Always looking to try out some different stuff.
Hope you keep the OG classifieds. While i like to see a bigger selection of stuff for sale there’s something about an inmate putting up something for sale on the site that i trust.

The original forum classifieds and the new ones are all being replaced by the new site.

Singleton

Reaction score
I have never heard of that. Are you sure they didn’t say red white and green?

It’s a CA thing. Example for imperial.
SAFETY FLAGS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES IN THE IMPERIAL SAND DUNES RECREATION AREA (This includes two-wheeled motorcycles). All vehicles shall be equipped with a whip mast and a 6x12 inch red/orange flag. Flags may be of pennant, triangle, square, or rectangular shape. Masts must be securely mounted on the vehicle and extend 8 feet from the ground to the mast tip. Safety flags must be attached within 10 inches of the tip of the whip mast with club or other flags mounted below safety flag or on another whip.

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
I'll have to get a couple of the small yellow on white flags for the Can Am...

K-DOG

Reaction score
The original forum classifieds and the new ones are all being replaced by the new site.
Nothing is free anymore. I see how much Str8Up toy trader is making at $100 or more a listing so I can’t blame you for jumping in.

pbleckert

Reaction score
I use Shine Supply products on my vehicles and my all black Avalon. They have a really great product, fast shipping and good customer services if you have questions.
IMG_0713.jpg
IMG_0813.jpg

counterpart7

Reaction score
Recently cut and polished our boat with all Shine Supply stuff. Turned out amazing! 20 year old boat that has never been paint corrected and has been stored outside with a shitty cover flapping in the wind, looks like a new boat now. Polished it with "Wake Up" and it seems to work great!

Pulled off the lake the other day, wiped down with "Aftermath" on a microfiber, and it honestly looks just like it did before it hit the water. Probably the easiest I've ever wiped a boat down, and that includes a few that have been ceramic coated.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
I like where you're headed and am interested in all the products listed above.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Just recently tied up with someone with both the balls and bungees. They are nice. Between the shock absorption of the bungee and how soft the bumper is it’s really easy on the boat.

DanG

Reaction score
Digging the flags and could use one in each size. Will try to stop by the shop this weekend to pick some up. Also want to check out the fenders/balls, as mentioned could be a space saver if functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nothing is free anymore. I see how much Str8Up toy trader is making at $100 or more a listing so I can’t blame you for jumping in.

His is one of the sites I have been watching. The numbers are staggering, and it’s an exceptionally fair deal. Rdp’s website reach is 160-180,000 a month.. IG is 34 FB is 24k and 22k for biz..

Granted I’m not driving the site into a straight classifieds site but using it to promote a new venture. But Jesus if I can even get 1/2 of what that site does in the 4th quarter with arguably 4 times the numbers that is career money.