WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP wants to be involved with waterski racing..

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Now the training begins. Hook the rope end of the bridle to a secure object, like a door (with the door open and the striking edge facing you), now get into wrapped skiing position and do 50 squats, then switch your back foot to the front and vice-versa, then 50 more squats.

OK after RD tries that I want to see you try it too :skull

R

Retired Member

Any takers on how many squats will actually be done?? before hes laying on the floor weezing and reaching for a pack of smokes?

;)

Easy there Mr. Demanding.... Why don't you just ask him to finish the boat show report while you're at it???

:p

Now that's funny, I'll bet neither EVER get done. :D

OK after RD tries that I want to see you try it too :skull

You'd be supirsed, my legs get a work everyday carrying my belly around! ;)

Next you're gonna be bragging how many your chick can do. :skull:skull:skull

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
;)

Now that's funny, I'll bet neither EVER get done. :D

You'd be supirsed, my legs get a work everyday carrying my belly around! ;)

Next you're gonna be bragging how many your chick can do. :skull:skull:skull

Probably more than you, RD, RB and me put together...she might even squat RD a few times just for good measure :D

knuckle head

Reaction score
LOL... Step up!

I went and picked up the 360 last night and a bridal.. I'm kinda countin on H20Ski2drunk for everything else. ;)

Saturday morning is going to be interesting for sure.. I was messing around with the wrap last night, and it's a bit awkward at first, but I'd think getting up with a wrap would be lightyears easier then getting up traditionally? Skiing with a wrap seems like it'd take a lot less effort as well.

either way I'm looking forward to trying it this weekend. :)

RD

I already plan too. I believe we are going to do a mid-week local trip sometime in the next few weeks:thumbsup

D

Deleted Account

I already plan too. I believe we are going to do a mid-week local trip sometime in the next few weeks:thumbsup

I think I'll go throw a couple gallons of Chlorine into Elsinore this weekend.

That should clean it right up!:thumbsup:D:skull

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

I would be down for that. My cousin is grabbing my skis that I left this wekeend so I will have them here. Instead of sleeping all day I would love to do a trip.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

It sounds like Knucklehead throwing down a challenge! This could get interesting!

knuckle head

Reaction score
I would be down for that. My cousin is grabbing my skis that I left this wekeend so I will have them here. Instead of sleeping all day I would love to do a trip.

Oh you’re going! Who else is going to toss me beers while I am skiing :champagne:

D

Deleted Account

Is this going to be another 6 peeps in the boat when we are supposed to be skiing? LOL. Bring beer.:thumbsup

R

Retired Member

Is this going to be another 6 peeps in the boat when we are supposed to be skiing? LOL. Bring beer.:thumbsup

It's kinda lookin that way. We'll have RB sit on the bow this time. Otherwise, it's round and round we go till we get the skier up. No running out of gas either, that got real dangerous and left a mark on the boat. :thumbsdown

What prop is on that thing anyway?

I just saw Jason at your new shop, I dropped off a batch of decals.

D

Deleted Account

New shop is a little sportier... I only have a 200OB, and it's a heavy ass hull. Add 6 guys with a 210 or so average and he better be skiing on a WIDE Easy ski LOL...:D

Lets teach him to beach start LMAO.:thumbsup

R

Retired Member

New shop is a little sportier... I only have a 200OB, and it's a heavy ass hull. Add 6 guys with a 210 or so average and he better be skiing on a WIDE Easy ski LOL...:D

Lets teach him to beach start LMAO.:thumbsup

What prop? I may have something that would work for a bunch of weight. He is gonna try skiing on a 360. Those fat boy skis are scary as shit. :thumbsdown

Oz Dude

Reaction score
Now the training begins. Hook the rope end of the bridle to a secure object, like a door (with the door open and the striking edge facing you), now get into wrapped skiing position and do 50 squats, then switch your back foot to the front and vice-versa, then 50 more squats.

From the comments I've read, that sounds like too much effort for RD. Try this one - put your back against a wall, feet together about 2ft in front of you, now slide down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Now stay there... That doesn't sound so hard, does it???

You can even drink beer and watch TV while you're exercising :D

Oz

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not too much effort at all.. If I was trying to become a skier. My end goal is to learn how to waterski a little better, but more importantly to learn about observing driving.

RD. ;)

D

Deleted Account

Not too much effort at all.. If I was trying to become a skier. My end goal is to learn how to waterski a little better, but more importantly to learn about observing driving.

RD. ;)

Bingo!:thumbsup:D

SKIA36

Reaction score

That will not get you there,

Do not stop until you hit 1000, 3 times a week. Rough water seperates the men from the boys. Any clown can lock his front knee and go fast in smooth water.

SKIA36

Reaction score
I could go back and delete my post? I could tell him about pre-wrap also, but no fun in that?

Actually, when I got taped to race, my front and rear feet were taped into close to the respective angles they would be at in the bindings.
:thumbsupThis helps alot when your feet are completely asleep after 10 minutes. And then when the race is over and the ski comes off you get the real fun of your feet returning to normal. Mike King, Terry Lewis/ tapers extrordinaire.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Damn, now you guys are making me want to get back on the damn ski! I havent done it in a couple years now but always loved doing it and was pretty damn good at taking the chop and stuff. (btw... Never ski raced. Just social and slalom)

Talking about getting on plane with a full boat pulling a skier..... that's one thing my boat does pretty damn well. With the 21 Laser II and the "whale tail", it hops right up. Pretty damn flat too. Just wont break any speed records with that prop on it.

R

Retired Member

RD. ;)

Those spots are already covered, if you want to say you are a ski racer, you're gonna ski.

R

Retired Member

:thumbsupThis helps alot when your feet are completely asleep after 10 minutes. And then when the race is over and the ski comes off you get the real fun of your feet returning to normal. Mike King, Terry Lewis/ tapers extrordinaire.

Thats old school shit, the newer binding don't make your feet to go numb. They are much better for skiing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Got the truck ready, water ski & bridal in the truck.. :D

Supposed to go do this early tomorrow AM! Hopefully Dennis doesn't take too much offense to me giving him shit online as I expect he'll be the one driving in the moning while I'm on the rope. :eek::eek: :D

RD

hobo

Reaction score
Good Luck Dave. Just remember IT IS FUN!!!!! Next year you can try the Catalina race with the big boys............:hmm

FoxySkier

Foxy Member
Reaction score
So I need all the info on what is needed!! I'm in! A little nervous on what I'm actually signing up for but you know I'm good for it! :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to the board foxy skier. Were goi g to find out what's what and make it happen! :)

RD

jody165

Reaction score
how did it go? how did the ski/bridle work out? sore? details please.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Give me a few minutes to handle a couple work things and I'll tell ya a tale. :D

RD <----- sore

jody165

Reaction score
Sounds like this is going to be a good story...do we have any photos or video for our amusement purposes?:skull

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sounds like this is going to be a good story...do we have any photos or video for our amusement purposes?:skull

We do have photo's.. I gotta find the f'n camera. I hope I didn't leave it at the river house. :(

RD