WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RD's Birthday.....

Ari

Reaction score
This is the first time in years that I have not heard anything about RD's birthday BEFORE the actual day. So, let me be the first to say Happy Birthday Dave!

raff

Reaction score
7.gif
23.gif

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I would wish you a happy birthday, Dave, but I'm going to wait until it's your birthday. :skull

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Alright, it's time. :D Happy b-day, Dave. Hope you have a great day.

linds

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Dave!
:beer:bday

How's that for my first post :D

knuckle head

Reaction score
:bday:bday:bday:bday:bday
:bday Happy B-Day Dave :bday
:bday:bday:bday:bday:bday

barbigrl

Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIVERDAVE!! Justin and I got you a cool present!! :D:beer

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Baby! I love you! Just remember you asked for the pool bootcamp for your birthday...I would have taken you to Mexico:beer:beer

Hope you have a wonderful day!

bunny

kickin' RD in the junk
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Dave--Hope you have a great one! :)

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Dave!

Hope its a fantastic one!

xoxo

:beer

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Dave.:bday

Maddog355

Drunken Redneck
Reaction score
Happy Birthday RD. :beer Having a cold one for ya now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :) :) i appreciate it!

I had a good b-day, although it was a little more "intense" then I'm used to for the occasion.. LOL

We'll definately be doing a party at the river next year! :)

RD

Ari

Reaction score
Thanks guys! :) :) i appreciate it!

I had a good b-day, although it was a little more "intense" then I'm used to for the occasion.. LOL

We'll definately be doing a party at the river next year! :)

RD

Tell us about the billiard boot camp...how was it?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Tell us about the billiard boot camp...how was it?

Well.. there's a guy named Scott Lee he's a world reknowned pool instructor that's primary specialty is working on peoples Strokes.. Now I can play pool like nobodies bizness, but being self taught my "mechanics" I.E. Stance, Stroke, Alignment etc.. are pretty well focked from the get go. Point in fact most pool players when they see me play find it amazing I can make a ball let alone run racks. Problem with bad mechanics is it leads to inconsistencies aka Slumps etc.. Some days I'll run with just about anybody out there, but then there's other days where I'll struggle and loose all confidence in the game etc.. No rhyme or reason behind it, just the way it is. By reviewing and changing a few things in the mechanics section of the game you can revert the whole game back to distances and math, as opposed to "feel." So if shit starts going wrong you can count your steps, find one you missed and incorporate it into the very next shot. I.E. Slumps last a shot or two instead of days? (does that make sense?)

Scott works with alot of pro's, and people that are "die hard" about pool.. It's there lives, and they are infatuated with pool like we are the message boards or boats etc.. In any event he sets up video cameras, and records real time what your doing, plays it back in slow motion, measuring each part of your mechanics and fixing them etc. You work out of books, then the pool table and back and forth so on and so on.. When I originally told Stacy this is what I wanted, I was thinking 2 days of relaxing playing pool with a guy that works with pro's, getting some tips n tricks kinda stuff.. LOL It was pretty much boot camp, and he didn't care if your good or you sucked, everyone starts at the same place and goes through the program until the end of that program, then onto the next kinda deal. LOL I took alot away from it, so did Stacy, so it was definately worth the time & $$ spent in my eyes. it was just a very "intense" ordeal... Not exactly relaxing, banging balls around with a strong player. :D It was intense enough that even the next day, and the day after I'm still a little exhuasted both mentally and physically. I now have a better understanding of what some of those athletes training for the olympics have to go through.. ;)

RD