WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

re-sealing Rams

steves86ta

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have re sealed my fair share of Hydraulic Rams (motorhome leveling jacks, auto lifts, etc). And i have always been able to buy the reseal kits from the manufacturer or just by googling the numbers stamped on the ram.

I am having a hard time finding the o-rings/kit for the mercruiser rams. I have a 1980 MR-1 drive and my port side ram is leaking a little bit out of the "cap". Does anyone know where i can order the kit from? Or should i just pull it down and head over to a hydraulic line place and have them match up the o rings?

Thanks
Steve

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have re sealed my fair share of Hydraulic Rams (motorhome leveling jacks, auto lifts, etc). And i have always been able to buy the reseal kits from the manufacturer or just by googling the numbers stamped on the ram.

I am having a hard time finding the o-rings/kit for the mercruiser rams. I have a 1980 MR-1 drive and my port side ram is leaking a little bit out of the "cap". Does anyone know where i can order the kit from? Or should i just pull it down and head over to a hydraulic line place and have them match up the o rings?

Thanks
Steve

The kits are about 60 bucks if memory serves.

https://www.mercruiserparts.com/