WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Re-wiring the Schiada gauge ideas.

AuggieBenDoggie

Reaction score
After chasing an electrical issue for the better part of the year, I think it’s time to get some new wiring for my 21.

Currently I have black gauges sitting on blue bezels. They mount into a red dash. If I stay with black gauges I could keep my speedometer and just upgrade the rest. I also like the look of the red dash with white gauges. So the other option would be blue bezels, white gauges with blue needles.

What do you guys think?
IMG_3444.JPG
IMG_3443.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Black bezels. Polished rims. Black gauges. Livorsi makes that combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Bezels should match the steering column and shifter so your hardware is all the same.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Black looks dated. if that's what you prefer

AuggieBenDoggie

Reaction score
Bezels should match the steering column and shifter so your hardware is all the same.

I was already planning that. Figured I would update the all of that at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

28skater

Reaction score
The Livorsi gauges with the Deutsch plugs are super clean to wire and easy to remove.

Attachments

• DEUTSCH PLUGS.jpg
    DEUTSCH PLUGS.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 202

Reaction score
We've ran speed hut guages in the race truck with good luck, I've had autometer in the boat. Not too into the autometer but I'd say the speed hut were a step higher than most guages we've used. Programmable built in warning lights, custom faces, etc. The guages are custom so some lead time and a bit expensive for guages. They would be my first choice as far as guages go... but the next boat will be motec dash display, for a FI boat. We changed the race truck to that last year and its light years ahead of any guages. Mc

X Hoser

Reaction score
We've ran speed hut guages in the race truck with good luck, I've had autometer in the boat. Not too into the autometer but I'd say the speed hut were a step higher than most guages we've used. Programmable built in warning lights, custom faces, etc. The guages are custom so some lead time and a bit expensive for guages. They would be my first choice as far as guages go... but the next boat will be motec dash display, for a FI boat. We changed the race truck to that last year and its light years ahead of any guages. Mc
"Next Boat"? Where am I in line for the "current boat"? Except I couldn't afford it o_O Sorry for the short thread jack!

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Autometer comes in the colors they advertise. Livorsi can be customized in any configuration you can imagine, custom colors and custom logos even.

Autometer oil pressure and temp gauges are not the same values as standard Mercruiser senders. They will read different, you can change the sending units, or get used to the new readings. Most people never notice that anyhow.

Livorsi uses weather pack connectors, Autometer is still using wires and nuts to make a connection.

All in all, Livorsi makes a better product, they are assembled in Illinois, and you can talk to a human if you call for customer service.

Last edited: