WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Real Estate is racist

500bbc

Reaction score

RodnJen

Reaction score
The neighborhood we live in actually has CCRs about selling to black people. My real estate agent said she had heard about it but never seen it.

This house was built in 1964. Let that sink in.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
The neighborhood we live in actually has CCRs about selling to black people. My real estate agent said she had heard about it but never seen it.

What do they say?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

You :windowlicker: CCRs are public documents. SMH. You and your RE agent are special needs!!!!!

500bbc

Reaction score
The neighborhood we live in actually has CCRs about selling to black people. My real estate agent said she heard about but never seen it.

Prove it FI.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Have YOU seen it? You live there, you have a copy of the CCRs and bought the house. Let that sink in.

Last edited:

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
"Racially baised CCR's just work period. Why wasn't there any black people living in Mayberry? They obviously wanted a town with no crime and it worked." RodnJen

Last edited:

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score

rumors like this exist because it would fall afoul of many social and legal norms, so the perps keep the practice on the down low. our CCRs never did contain such language. BUT>>>
it was rumored that the sales agents for our tract were selectively choosing who was told what about any new home inquiry. wrong color? not real wealthy? 'that home is already sold...we haven't updated the chart'
knowing the sales agent and her manner at the time, it is believable.
BUT, the neighborhood became diverse anyway.
epic fail, MaryAnn.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
"Racially baised CCR's just work period. Why wasn't there any black people living in Mayberry? They obviously wanted a town with no crime and it worked." Squeefer

Yeah I was gonna say that ain’t shit compared to Squeezers racist compound.

Motor Boater

Reaction score

Ive actually seen this. It’s not uncommon at all. The first time I saw it was in Northern California. Some neighborhoods have removed the language and some neighborhoods don’t even know it’s in there. Especially older neighborhoods with low turnover.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
rumors like this exist because it would fall afoul of many social and legal norms, so the perps keep the practice on the down low. our CCRs never did contain such language. BUT>>>
it was rumored that the sales agents for our tract were selectively choosing who was told what about any new home inquiry. wrong color? not real wealthy? 'that home is already sold...we haven't updated the chart'
epic fail, MaryAnn.
4625009C-A270-4532-891D-C7EAE400C48B.gif

Turnup

Reaction score
It's pretty common in deeds across the country.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
epic fail, MaryAnn.

Rumored? So now you have rumored cabal of RE agents that tasked themselves with cleansing the neighborhood via RE transactions?

There is a rumor that Bigfoot was seen last week too.

The neighborhood became diverse because the rumor wasn’t true to begin with.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Rumored? So now you have rumored cabal of RE agents that tasked themselves with cleansing the neighborhood via RE transactions?

There is a rumor that Bigfoot was seen last week too.

The neighborhood became diverse because the rumor wasn’t true to begin with.
yeah. I recall many MANY rumor posts - even here at the "all truth and fact, all the time" - RDP boating forum.
your 'opinion' about how the neighborhood became diverse is yours. you are entitled to it, but that does not make it accurate or even truthful. it merely makes it something you believe, about somewhere you are unfamiliar with, very far from where you are. from a distance, it is hard to get a clear picture.
If I were to posit that many LHC, BHC realtors are scam artists, it would be as equally valid as your belief...but I do not believe that, because I recognize my distance and the inaccuracy of such belief.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
yeah. I recall many MANY rumor posts - even here at the "all truth and fact, all the time" - RDP boating forum.
your 'opinion' about how the neighborhood became diverse is yours. you are entitled to it, but that does not make it accurate or even truthful. it merely makes it something you believe, about somewhere you are unfamiliar with, very far from where you are. from a distance, it is hard to get a clear picture.
If I were to posit that many LHC, BHC realtors are scam artists, it would be as equally valid as your belief...but I do not believe that, because I recognize my distance and the inaccuracy of such belief.

So your are saying your belief in the racist RE agent rumors hold just as much water as my belief there were no racist RE agents, because neither belief is based in any facts. Great let’s go with that premise.

However the 1 fact remains, you admit the neighborhood is diverse, so either I’m closer to correct than you are, or the racist cabal of RE agents had a poor work ethic.

We can agree to leave it at that if you like.

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

I think what LOF was trying to say is that if you don't have actual proof, shut the fuck up. Nobody cares if you believe there to be a rumor.

This is why I asked RodnZerovalue what the CCRs say. He won't return to post them up and back up his statement because he can't. Nor can you. Just "rumors" according to both of you which mean nothing, but people of your mindset try to build facts out of them.

I can never understand why some people are so convinced of a position to take but just can't back it up with any facts. Until you can, shut the fuck up.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
We can agree to leave it at that if you like.
sounds good. your BS beliefs are marginally more fortified in your mind than my mine are in your mind. I can live with that. People make all kinds of attempts to get their way...and MaryAnn, for whatever reason, tried, and ultimately failed...so the rumor has it. Its been discussed with many neighbors who dealt with her ...people who live here, not in some other locale. it is our rumor, and we are sticking to it...sound familiar?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
sounds good. your BS beliefs are marginally more fortified in your mind than my mine are in your mind. I can live with that. People make all kinds of attempts to get their way...and MaryAnn, for whatever reason, tried, and ultimately failed...so the rumor has it. Its been discussed with many neighbors who dealt with her ...people who live here, not in some other locale.

So now your systemic racism in RE boils down to MaryAnn, and does not seem so systemic at all. Real Estate is not racist. Maybe there was a racist realtor. that does not taint the entire system and industry.

The problem ended as most people problems always do. Customers find other service providers to do business with.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
yeah. I think I put LOF on that same notice. We are in violent agreement.

Did you? You've provided no proof other than hearsay that MaryAnn was a racist, and if she was a racist, she was clearly not a very effective one because she "failed" at systematic racism by your own account. :)

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
So now your systemic racism in RE boils down to MaryAnn, and does not seem so systemic at all. Real Estate is not racist. Maybe there was a racist realtor. that does not taint the entire system and industry.

The problem ended as most people problems always do. Customers find other service providers to do business with.
i never said systemic. I merely shared my experience of my neighborhood formation. it is what is called an anecdote.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think what LOF was trying to say is that if you don't have actual proof, shut the fuck up. Nobody cares if you believe there to be a rumor.

This is why I asked RodnZerovalue what the CCRs say. He won't return to post them up and back up his statement because he can't. Nor can you. Just "rumors" according to both of you which mean nothing, but people of your mindset try to build facts out of them.

I can never understand why some people are so convinced of a position to take but just can't back it up with any facts. Until you can, shut the fuck up.

The backpaddling for Rod already started.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Did you? You've provided no proof other than hearsay that MaryAnn was a racist, and if she was a racist, she was clearly not a very effective one because she "failed" at systematic racism by your own account. :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
i never said systemic. I merely shared my experience of my neighborhood formation. it is what is called an anecdote.

Indeed. Anecdotally, yes there are racist people here and there. Real estate is not racist. Most CCRs are not racist, nor do they have racist language in them. Did some in the past, sure. As you noted, racism attempts have failed, because you have a diverse neighborhood. Of course this is all anecdotal, and is meaningless.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Pretty much proof that RE is not racist at all. A successful black person bought in the neighborhood she wanted surrounded by people of other races. Where the hell was MaryAnn? Did no one read the racist CCRs?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
yeah. I think I put LOF on that same notice. We are in violent agreement.

Good. So take the guidance of your own notice that you put on LOF.

So far there are more facts to back up the position that real estate is not racist as evidenced by the fact that there are a great many black property owners in this country (like the BLM idiot who just bought property and is raising this stupid issue).There is nothing in place that specifically prohibits black people from buying property. That would be illegal.

So, what facts do you have that prove real estate is racist?

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Good. So take the guidance of your own notice that you put on LOF.

So far LOF has more facts to back up the position that real estate is not racist as evidenced by the fact that there are a great many black property owners in this country (like the BLM idiot who just bought property and is raising this stupid issue. There is nothing in place that specifically prohibits black people from buying property. That would be illegal.

So, what facts do you have that prove real estate is racist?

Listen.. He heard rumors that MaryAnn was a racist. A lazy, low energy racist that could not keep the neighborhood ethnically clean.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
i see LOF assertions about my experience in my neighborhood, no facts. what in the world are you talking about?

I don't even know if I need any of my own facts. By your own assertion, racism in RE didn't exist in your neighborhood. The thread is about Real Estate being racist. No one is going to deny that there are some racist people out there. So at most you had a single racist real estate agent.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
racism in RE didn't exist in your neighborhood
correct. the anecdote I shared was regarding one agent, who is rumored widely in this neighborhood to have practiced a stealth selectivity in who would be granted home ownership.
but it is not that racism "didn't exist in the neighborhood", it is merely that (the rumors of) attempts by one miscreant agent were eventually overridden by normal demographic process.
Is it possible to share anecdotal experience on this forum without being subject to a broadening and hyperbolic projection, even by a moderator?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Pretty much proof that RE is not racist at all. A successful black person bought in the neighborhood she wanted surrounded by people of other races. Where the hell was MaryAnn? Did no one read the racist CCRs?

That shit doesn’t happen in Squeefers hood!

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
i see LOF assertions about my experience in my neighborhood, no facts. what in the world are you talking about?

This whole topic is about whether or not real estate is racist. You don't seem to be able to prove your side of the argument. What in the world are you talking about?

LOF made an assumption because it is very likely that diversity exists in your neighborhood. How many neighborhoods are there where there is one and only one demographic? Could be a few, but not many. Are you saying yours is one of those or was LOF's assumption correct?

Is real estate racist? You and Zerovalue (a title you are quickly headed to also) seem to say yes. Prove it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
correct. the anecdote I shared was regarding one agent, who is rumored widely in this neighborhood to have practiced a stealth selectivity in who would be granted ownership.
but it is no that riscism didn;t exist in the neighborhood, it is merely that the rumors of attempts by one miscreant agent were eventually overridden by normal demographic process.
Is it possible to share anecdotal experience on this forum without being subject to a broadening and hyperbolic projection, even by a moderator?

If you would have just said that in the beginning, we would have all totally agreed with your sentiment, but you led with the below, implying that the RE system is racist on the "down low". You provided no proof of this other than your anecdotal claims about MaryAnn who was somehow acting on behalf of the homeowners association and their unpublished racist practices.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
This whole topic is about whether or not real estate is racist. You don't seem to be able to prove your side of the argument. What in the world are you talking about?

LOF made an assumption because it is very likely that diversity exists in your neighborhood. How many neighborhoods are there where there is one and only one demographic? Could be a few, but not many. Are you saying yours is one of those or was LOF's assumption correct?

Is real estate racist? You and Zerovalue (a title you are quickly headed to also) seem to say yes. Prove it.
I never did anything except share experience. Is it racist? IDK. Some places seem to have had a problem in the past. I personally live in a neighborhood where the agent gave such impression.
I do not intend to 'prove' anything. It would be a fools errand to prove racism in someone else. It is a story, an anecdote.
Jebus F... are you that needy?

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
If you would have just said that in the beginning, we would have all totally agreed with your sentiment, but you led with the below, implying that the RE system is racist on the "down low". You provided no proof of this other than your anecdotal claims about MaryAnn who was somehow acting on behalf of the homeowners association and their unpublished racist practices.
point taken. I did my best to express that it was a single story about one agent, but I will try even more to assure everyone that an anecdote is anecdotal, and that it is not meant to be 'proof' of wide practice. I will have to craft a sort of disclaimer that will caution people to use what they learned about composition and communication in school, (or maybe didn't learn.)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
point taken. I did my best to express that it was a single story about one agent, but I will try even more to assure everyone that an anecdote is anecdotal, and that it is not meant to be 'proof' of wide practice. I will have to craft a sort of disclaimer that will caution people to use what they learned about composition and communication in school, (or maybe didn't learn.)

Again, I won't disagree with you that there are racist people in certain roles in every system or industry.