WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Real Estate Prices are just insane.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Our house in CA hit MLS Friday night at 7. Saturday we had 12 showings and 3 offers. 1 all cash and over asking. Today , we had 5 showings and 2 offers plus waiting for 2 more tonight. Every person said that there are a lot of overpriced garbage out there. Definitely good time to sell a house.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
We are seriously thinking of selling our house and renting for a little bit. Paid $185, recent appraisal said $535

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’m Considering a new house in Apple valley if any one is a custom home builder. 5/3 with an office and 3 car.

zhandfull

Reaction score
We are seriously thinking of selling our house and renting for a little bit. Paid $185, recent appraisal said $535
I'm similar, hate to give up that prop 13 tax advantage though.

78Southwind

Reaction score

Why sell it? Why not rent it out and buy something new? That way you could always move back into the home later keeping the low tax bill.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
You read my mind...that is literally the only thing keeping us here. Our taxes are $2400 a year.
Let's hope "your boy" Gavin doesn't blow the top off of Prop 13. He has gotten the commercial part on the up coming ballot. Strong possibility that he will eventually get to the residential. Gotta pay for all this Covid stuff.
The one thing, usually, both Liberals & Conservatives have in common, we like our money.

77charger

Reaction score
In AZ, it's a sellers market for sure.
House 2 doors up listed Thursday night Friday had people in out all day they already took full price offer at 320k. Our house we bought in may was on market for a while.

Cdog

Reaction score
House 2 doors up listed Thursday night Friday had people in out all day they already took full price offer at 320k. Our house we bought in may was on market for a while.

Inventory is dismal. Seller market is on fire due to no inventory. Better off building in this environment. I work with a builder and we're ramping up building RV garage homes in the N/NW/NE valley.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 10.56.56 AM.png

9CBA2862-74C6-4CDA-A04A-B2DBE1B5113B.jpeg

Englewood

Reaction score
Inventory is dismal. Seller market is on fire due to no inventory. Better off building in this environment. I work with a builder and we're ramping up building RV garage homes in the N/NW/NE valley.

View attachment 908930

Have any more pics of this floorplan? I like it alot.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Im trying to think the last time market was like this and people said you don't buy now you will never be able to afford it and interest rates will be sky high if you don't. oh yea 2008.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
look around at the wood products in your home, my bet Is 200k to build homes will jump right up to 260k cost.. so 400k to build will be 520k

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I just sold a brand new home for 300k, my bet is that same home is gonna be 360k by oct-nov...I should have kept it for awhile longer as it was complete.... but, I always say, the best time to sell is when you have a buyer..

77charger

Reaction score
Not yet. North Scottsdale Rio Verde and Cave Creek primarily but more or less anywhere in the valley and Prescott is possible.
Seen some newer homes off 303 and happy valley larger lots and rv garage.One of our neighbors in old neighborhood bought a 1 acre lot and new house built near 163 and jomax over the hill all dirt roads he borders up against state land.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So here's the skinny, heard it first on RDP storry,...lumber was running around about 400 bucks for a 1000 board feet, it jumped to 550, and then again just jumped to 850 bucks, and no end.... will be over 1000 per 1000 here shortly...

Englewood

Reaction score
So here's the skinny, heard it first on RDP storry,...lumber was running around about 400 bucks for a 1000 board feet, it jumped to 550, and then again just jumped to 850 bucks, and no end.... will be over 1000 per 1000 here shortly...
A while back you said Havasu prices would keep going up this year and I thought you were higher than Giraffe P*ssy but im gonna listen to you this time. LOL

BONER

Reaction score
A while back you said Havasu prices would keep going up this year and I thought you were higher than Giraffe P*ssy but im gonna listen to you this time. LOL

2FF is obviously hooked into the Stock Market, and knows how to read it.

On that topic, the Market is about to climb again as Trump Executive Ordered another Relief Bill, on Saturday.

BONER

Reaction score

My particular house has climbed almost $80k. I bought last October for $329k. I've thought about unloading, taking my money and running, but I think that's foolish as it's going to climb some more. And even after further thinking, might wait another year, rent this place out, pull some equity and buy another house. In fact, I'm not sure that ever selling any property, is a very good idea. HOLD ON TO IT ALL.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Yepp, my lumber guy said that it is going crazy. 30% increase but there is the possibility of it coming down during the winter. We shall see.....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Yepp, my lumber guy said that it is going crazy. 30% increase but there is the possibility of it coming down during the winter. We shall see.....
The 30% is the on the ground in stock wood...the 45-50% is new orders...so It's like this those that have lumber just made a 30% profit..Oh, and my guy is on the end of the horse where they buy the hay to feed the horse

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
while on the subject, there's a ton to be made in bullhead if you have the energy...the house I just sold went up 15% in one quarter,... thats a 60% yearly net,...

zhandfull

Reaction score
Im trying to think the last time market was like this and people said you don't buy now you will never be able to afford it and interest rates will be sky high if you don't. oh yea 2008.
Interest rates have been going mostly down for 30 years on mortgages. That trick is about used up.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
while on the subject, there's a ton to be made in bullhead if you have the energy...the house I just sold went up 15% in one quarter,... thats a 60% yearly net,...

I can understand why. There is going to be a MASS exit from communities that are going down hill FAST!!!! Just today I had to chase a couple of sketchy people off our small little street here in paradise. They are getting brazen!!!

EPL

Reaction score
I bought this little shack 22 years ago for $32,000 from an investor. We had to kick out the homeless bums, haul away actual buckets of shit, and make it a decent little place. I remodeled it and sold it for $80,000 in 1999.

I was on Zillow today, and checked on it. Current value is now over $400,000! A few blocks away I bought another little house for $55K, and sold it for $99K, again, back in the late 1990's, it is now $470,000.

View attachment 907347

If you can buy and hold for the right 20 year period, holy hell that's easy money. Nowadays places are so expensive it is hard to make deals work unless you're already fat with cash. Homes in better neighborhoods have had a million dollars of appreciation over 20 years. Should have kept all these places and let the tenants pay them off.

In San Francisco that house would be $1M +

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I went there. Prices are high considering everything that you would want is an extra charge. And the tubs/showers are fiberglass. That’s crazy on a 550k house.

Those homes are a steal.....what is crazy is a 1995 built home everything original, 976 sq ft home on 3750 sq ft lot for $625k. Now THAT is crazy!!!!

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I went there. Prices are high considering everything that you would want is an extra charge. And the tubs/showers are fiberglass. That’s crazy on a 550k house.
Dam. Fiberglass? That's stupid.

That's too bad!

I've only driven in there following the signs. I like the look of the houses from the outside and some have bad ass views.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Dam. Fiberglass? That's stupid.

That's too bad!

I've only driven in there following the signs. I like the look of the houses from the outside and some have bad ass views.
Yeah there are some very good views. We really liked one of the floor plans but when we started seeing that everything was extra and over priced at that with the crap showers and HOA. We decided it wasn’t for us.

Cornerstone construction had an event showing thier first house they built and it was impressive.
Starts at 115 per square foot and the sky is the limit and they build what ever you want. They said they doubt we would give over 130-140 per square foot unless we really get carried away.
That price is on your lot. A decent lot is in the 80k range for a .50acre. We just missed a really nice lot for 85k it was .70acre and would only have 1 neighbor with a view.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Tell me more Steve. I have little time, and little money, but I Have energy and can find the rest. Should I be looking for land or houses?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Tell me more Steve. I have little time, and little money, but I Have energy and can find the rest. Should I be looking for land or houses?
first thing to look at is your wallett...moving money is risky, the bigger the risk, the bigger the yield.... but you could get wiped out...

always stick with the market you know,...

petie6464

Reaction score
Havasu. Across the street builder does a nice spec house, RV garage pool etc. Talk to him when it was framed price $685 I'm like hum that's a lot. House completed, talk with him again tells me it $720? I'm like wow! Sells a few weeks later to a California special, they show up with a truck load of big TV's a new pontoon boat and of course a new Can-am, lol.
I have my eye on one of those big TV's during the moving sale.